Not open for further replies.
montys last over took some pressure of us and now 4444444

Beautifully played.

Waited and just late cut it away

DM said:
Salams beast

things looking good for us

Ws fella!

they are indeed! when i got up and saw moyo and inzi at their respective scores i was like what on earth happend! :))

Come on PAK!

Previous two overs from Colly were hit for 19.

i remeber the commentator saying wen colloingwood was first introduced to bowl today as a partnership braker loool

infact he hasnt take a single wicket in 12 test matches

quite surprisingly Moyo has only been run out twice in his career

He's been run out plenty of times in the shorter form of the game

we need to bat untill tea on day 4 inshallah, then we can attack england with ke=aneria on a turning wicket

Easatheman said:
He's been run out plenty of times in the shorter form of the game

more like he has run out the other batsmen plenty of times in his career

Pakistan 284/5 (75.5 ov)
Pakistan trail by 244 runs with 5 wickets remaining

Current partnership 43 runs, 13.0 overs, rr: 3.15 (Abdul Razzaq 17, Mohammad Yousuf 18)

I think Pak should target one or two bowlers in particular like Colly and Bhai Jee. Tha will reduce English options and will give Pak the upper hand. what do you guys think?

Last edited:
Collingwood to Mohammad Yousuf, 3 byes, drifts this down the leg-side, Jones – standing up to the stumps – can’t collect it and Harmison, wide of fine-leg, needs to be shouted at by the entire city of London to alert him to the ball running 30 feet to his right&

If we get atleast within 100 of their lead, than we will be fine and I think we will draw no problem.

Jive Jive Pakistan said:
if we are by then we will be about 200 ahead

if afridi gets in

that shud be our gameplan and inshallah we can win then, i dont think england will even reach 150 wen kaneria attacks on this wicket on day 4 and 5

Amir said:
If we get atleast within 100 of their lead, than we will be fine and I think we will draw no problem.

i think this shud end up as a draw neway

Current partnership 50 runs, 15.5 overs, rr: 3.15 (Abdul Razzaq 21, Mohammad Yousuf 20)

England letting Moyo walk up the stairs first, very nice gesture.

After Lunch= 126runs in 31overs rr=4.06 with only the loss of Inzi.

Once again pakistans session

England 528/9d
Pakistan 291/5 (79.0 ov)
Pakistan trail by 237 runs with 5 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

Tea - Day 3 Pakistan RR 3.68

Minimum overs
remaining today 29.0

Jive Jive Pakistan said:
i think razzaq coming in b4

had been justified

I Agree, hasnt done anything rash or risky which afridi MAY have done.

well played lads, i hope now when afridi comes in, no pressure on him although he cant feel it etc but i hope he plays freely..well he will..but..u kno what i mean ; )

2 good sessions for Pakistan hope they don't throw in last session

The key test will be the New BALL after tea, if pk can get through it without losing a couple of wickets they have a good chance in getting near to Englands 528. We dont wanna lose 3 wickets with it(the new ball) like we did when we opened the innings.

The new ball either produces wickets or goes for alot of runs. Let's see what happens now.

Easatheman said:
The new ball either produces wickets or goes for alot of runs. Let's see what happens now.

The new ball goes for a lot of runs only when Sami and Gul are bowling :p

another very good session for Pakistan and we should look to carry it into the tea session. Play the new ball carefully and hopefully not lose our wickets. We should look to reach 400+ before the day is up and play till at least lunch tomorrow. Best case scenario we will finish our innings with a bit of a lead, perhaps 20-30 run lead

thriller said:
this pitch is perfect for afridi's style!!
come on razzaq get out

Negative post. Wicket at this stage will hurt Pakistan more than anything else. I would rather see Razzaq and Yousuf bat the whole session

MASHALLAH pakistan fighting hard out there at lords. Great innings by yousuf to date and inzamam, great partnership of 173 runs for the fifth wicket between them. I was dissappointed with inzamam's dismisal, he looked good enough to bring up century and go further upto 150 runs atleast. I was shocked with his dismisal but then these things happen in cricket, razzak settling down slowly which is fine for pakistan.

We must first get past this follow on quickly then try to catch up with the remaining trail of runs as much as possible towards end of day's play. Yousuf is playing brilliantly, my incessant dua that yousuf makes another double century against england. Razzak should not play too slowly as he does sometimes when he goes into complete defensive mode or sleep mode. INSHALLAH yousuf will get double century, razzak a century, afridi and akmal quick centuries ! :19:

Last edited:
UsmanCHADDA said:
The new ball goes for a lot of runs only when Sami and Gul are bowling :p

In all seriousness, the new ball is harder so comes of the bat better. It will either produce runs or wickets

Pakistan should bat atleast another 45 overs wich mean score over 450

thriller said:
this pitch is perfect for afridi's style!!
come on razzaq get out

this kind of stupidity should warrant a ban.

I think I'm honestly beginning to almost hate Afridi because of his insane "fans"/groupies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back