Day 3: 1st Test, Pak vs Eng - Update thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hope they send akmal and not afridi!!
afridi cant handle new ball and harmison and hoggard

Excellent 300 up, fine boundary by yousuf. The sooner razzak becomes comfortable out there the better for him and pakistan. Razzak we need a good innings from you, mohali type and the one with which a strong foundation is laid for pakistan to build lead when afridi and akmal come to bat tommorow INSHALLAH.

Poor batting by Razzaq. He had been hanging his bat for a few overs, and paid the price.

In comes Akmal at a crucial stage of the match, against the new ball.

Jive Jive Pakistan said:
come on you know 3-4 hours of afridi

and the mathc take a diff complexion

You have to be fair to English fans 3-4 hours will be too much 1 or 2 will be goood enought. pak now has 300 Mashallah.

Harmison to Abdul Razzaq, OUT, squared up horribly by one which was rising over offstump and a big nick flies through to the keeper. Harmison finds the right area at last and bags a wicket with the new ball.

Time for violence,
time for sportsmanship to take a little breather

thriller said:
hope they send akmal and not afridi!!
afridi cant handle new ball and harmison and hoggard

erm, hes quite a good opener :10:

Very similar to the way Colly should have gotten out

partnership: 59 runs, 21.1 overs, rr: 2.78 (Abdul Razzaq 22, Mohammad 24)

Woah! Razzaq gone! This doesn't look too good for Pakistan. We still need 100 more runs.

good that akmal is ahead of afridi.. if moyo and akmal can survive the day.. then its good for pakistan

Sensible decision to send Akmal out, Afridi can brutalize later

It was poor footwork from Razzaq. Got squared up and never got in line behind the ball

Saj said:
It was poor footwork from Razzaq. Got squared up and never got in line behind the ball

I always have a feeling that Razzi isn't that good as a test batsman. Block or hit.

22 of 69 balls

Akmal loves to drive earlier on, he needs to watch it here

Easatheman said:
Sensible decision to send Akmal out, Afridi can brutalize later

I agree with you, dont want afridi to be exposed to Englands best 2 bowlers and kamran is more technically correct and less rash of a player(or should i say a beast)

Razzaq dodgy 22 of 69 did helped Pakistan to inch 59 runs closer after Inzzy's wicket. It's time for Akmal play with his natural flair, While Yousaf will make hay while the sun is shining...

In the mean while, Harmison is definately asking serious Qs...

6/302

DM, I have to go to a conference tomorrow with my supervisor. God damn it! I don't want to miss the beast's batting! Bring him out as soon as the ball loses its shine :).

Lovely square drive from Akmal for 4. The chants of Pakistan zindabad are heard around Lords

Sid100 said:
I agree with you, dont want afridi to be exposed to Englands best 2 bowlers and kamran is more technically correct and less rash of a player(or should i say a beast)

really. why is that? is that because Afridi is not good enough? or is that because he is incapable of comprehending the match situation and playing accordingly? or is that because he is such a BEAST?

the_game said:
DM, I have to go to a conference tomorrow with my supervisor. God damn it! I don't want to miss the beast's batting! Bring him out as soon as the ball loses its shine :).
Unlucky! The prospect of him batting today has made me completely re-arrange my Saturday plans

The_Cricket_Devil said:
ramiz rates akmal's karachi 100 as one of the best, if not THE best innings by a pakistani

I would rate is the best of the recent times.

No third slip. Not sure why, Akmal can be dismissed in the slips driving at away swingers.

Mutazalzaluzzaman Tarar said:
really. why is that? is that because Afridi is not good enough? or is that because he is incapable of comprehending the match situation and playing accordingly? or is that because he is such a BEAST?

:|

Akmal backing away from Harmison's bowling - not a good sign !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back