Day 3: 1st Test, Pak vs Eng - Update thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graceful back foot shot through mid wicket for Yousuf, 4 more

Prolonged appeal by Monty, going down leg.... neglected by Bucknor, followed by a timed pull b.w midwkt and midon....

6/352 Pak

155* Yousaf..

If he can play like that, why does he feel the need to sweep?

Delightful 4, just went back and gracefully slotted it away

Pakistan needs to bat sensibly in this evening session and make sure they get to atleast 400/ 6 at stumps INSHALLAH.

According to Hawkeye, that was a brilliant decision from Bucknor who's having a very very good match

I have to say, Yousuf looks in amazing touch. He is just timing the ball so well. I hope he continues this throughout the series.

Current partnership 52 runs, 11.1 overs, rr: 4.65 (Mohammad Yousuf 19, Kamran Akmal 32)

Pretty aggressive from these too BANG it on guys.

Might be tiring a bit Yousuf. So he might take a few more risks against Monty.

Hopefully, he will not give it away.

Kami plays Hoggy easily, just finds it extra difficult against the extra pace of Harmy

Easatheman said:
According to Hawkeye, that was a brilliant decision from Bucknor who's having a very very good match

good match? :10: he give England extra 100 runs

the_game said:
I have to say, Yousuf looks in amazing touch. He is just timing the ball so well. I hope he continues this throughout the series.

Inshallah

Guided it away past the slips for Yousaf's 21st four

Lovely soft hands from Yousuf. This is a delightful knock.

Easatheman said:
Taufel was the one that missed the decision
and i might add gave a stinker to Pietersen. Bucknor has had a great match. That last shout was a superb call.

Rob H said:
and i might add gave a stinker to Pietersen. Bucknor has had a great match. That last shout was a superb call.

i think Pietersen was leaving the incoming ball

Rob H said:

You're right but the missed nick was a even worse one

And Yosuuf plays his first lofted shot of the day. Nobody lofts the ball better than Yosuuf.

ggm said:
And Yosuuf plays his first lofted shot of the day. Nobody lofts the ball better than Yosuuf.

He hit a six before

Spreaded field for Monty now, and Yousaf almost handed one in the hands of long-off fielder....

6/361

Umpires dont usually give that out unless their name is Daryll Hair and the team is a non asian one

shan said:
i think Pietersen was leaving the incoming ball
so because he left it he's out even though the ball was going miles over the stumps? Taufel just gave him because he left it. It's a trend nowadays to do it. I've seen it happen to Darren Ganga and Justin Langer too.

Rob H said:
so because he left it he's out even though the ball was going miles over the stumps? Taufel just gave him because he left it. It's a trend nowadays to do it. I've seen it happen to Darren Ganga and Justin Langer too.

For once I agree with you

Oh Akaml seemed to lose that ball in flight for a moment

Nice going by Akmal and Yousuf. We have come out of the danger area, and things are seeming to look great. Good batting by Yousuf and Akmal to bring Pak up.

Rob H said:

there is more chance of umpire giving lbw if player is not playing then when he play.

shan said:
there is more chance of umpire giving lbw if player is not playing then when he play.

That doesn't stop the decision from being wrong

Harmison has quite easily been the pick of the bowlers.

The_Cricket_Devil said:
he has but it has spun at too slow a speed to be troubling at all

Very few balls have even actually spun.

Uneven bounce again. I wouldnt fancy batting on this pitch on day 5 having to save the game.

Lovely square cut from Kamran for 4.

He's a joy to watch when in full flow.

Give Harmison a late burst now. Let him bowl as fast as he can. Doesnt matter if he sprays it all over the place but just to get one or two balls an over in a wicket taking position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back