England v Netherlands | World T20 | Lords | 5/6/09 [Netherlands WIN]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxy

Hall of Famer
Runs
Match scheduled to begin at 17:30 local time - RAIN has delayed proceedings in the opening fixture of the World T20.

Not looking good as the extended covers on the outfield come on.

Raining heavily

England squad
PD Collingwood*, JM Anderson, RS Bopara, SCJ Broad, JS Foster†, RWT Key, AD Mascarenhas, EJG Morgan, GR Napier, KP Pietersen, AU Rashid, OA Shah, RJ Sidebottom, GP Swann, LJ Wright

Netherlands squad
J Smits, PW Borren, Mudassar Bukhari, TN de Grooth, TJG Gruijters, MMA Jonkman, AN Kervezee, DP Nannes, DJ Reekers, E Schiferli, PM Seelaar, ES Szwarczynski, RN ten Doeschate, DLS van Bunge, B Zuiderent

Pietersen is ruled out due to injury.

it will be raining every da yfor next couple of days, i hope 5 over play is possible for every match

Atherton on Sky right now saying impressed by Mohammed Aamer ... "quick" and also Ahmed Shahzad

also Azhar Mahmood getting praised by him

England vs The Netherlands | 5th June | England Lord's

It's starting to rain a bit not too great to hear. No toss no squads. First match T20 WC.

Oh. Dear. Still, not even the ICC can prevent the rain falling. It's been an inauspicious start to say the least.

covers are coming off. coin toss in few min and looking for a 5:50 start

Teams annouced

England : 1 Ravi Bopara, 2 Luke Wright, 3 Rob Key, 4 Owais Shah, 5 Paul Collingwood (capt), 6 Eoin Morgan, 7 James Foster (capt), 8 Adil Rashid, 9 Stuart Broad, 10 Ryan Sidebottom, 11 James Anderson

And apparently no Dutch squad!

Netherlands won the toss - and have put England into bat

Last edited:
who is this guy, i thout its going to be queen or prince of wales

Attachments

• aaaaaaaaaaaaa.JPG
    aaaaaaaaaaaaa.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 104
this is beautiful united kingdom, welcome to england

Attachments

• ppppppppppp.JPG
    ppppppppppp.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 102
Nannes hitting 150ks easily.

The speedguns here in England are definitely different to those in the IPL.

He looks express though.

nannes turning inside out of bopara

Attachments

• 1234.JPG
    1234.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 97
They gotta stop bowling too full and to the leg side, what can you expect if you keep bowling that way?

It was supposed to go Eng way. Only Nannes could do anything. He bowled well and in my opinion should have finished his quota.

England 110/1 (13.0/20 ov)

Luke Wright 50 from 37
Shah 5 from 7

"Isn't it great to see a T20 match without those stupid strategic timeouts," Josh Wilkinson spits.

well got Bopara in my fantasy team so decent start for me

Nannes hit 92mph in his spell, Bopara looked classy whereas Wright was just slogging, not pretty at all.

Eng 127/2 after 15.3 overs

england should get 160-70 here!

Morgan gone:

Borren to Morgan, OUT, reverse-swept straight to point! Usually such a productive shot for Morgan, and he timed this especially impressively, but just picked out the fielder

c Zuiderent b Borren 6 (8b 0x4 0x6) SR: 75.00

How much Pakistan would score against this nietherland's attack?

Who would have thought that the Dutch and English would play a close game (so far) in cricket and not football? Such is the beauty of T20...

england score 162/5 in 20 overs

If Dutch get a good start, it could be a close and interesting game

england batting is terrible for t20 .

100 after 11 overs and still could only manage 160. with 9 wickets in hand

this team is going nowhere LOL

CricnPak said:
Who would have thought that the Dutch and English would play a close game (so far) in cricket and not football? Such is the beauty of T20...

13 years ago in the 1996 world cup, these 2 teams played a close game with holland losing by only 40-something runs. holland were in the game after de leede, noortwijk & zuiderent played decent knocks. and that close game was in cricket

come on holland. hoping to c zuiderent, ten doeschate & co fire & hopefully holland win :59:

and amazing bowling by nannes, apart from his 1st over, his other 3 overs were just great & didnt give away any free runs in the end. and was unlucky not to pick up any wickets

Disciplined bowling is required from England, but I think Holland will run away with this.

Netherlands won't get more than 140 here. They have to play out Anderson

If England loose here tell ya what that would be one hell of a victory for Holland.

This Reekers guys is hitting the ball quite well, may be able to single handedly take the game away from england if he can survive anderson and sidebottom

Problem with the Dutch they look bored, '' we hit it great we don't fine by me ''

insaftak said:
SIXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!! these guys are not that bad

Theres alot of batting power, but cant take singles or wickets will hurt the side severly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back