England v New Zealand | 2nd Test | Headingley | 25/5/13 | Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geoffrey loves Root. Yorks bias aside, I'm Beginning to understand why.

England have some good young batsmen coming through - James Taylor too.

Played Rooty!

Bairstow is the one I prefer to watch though - he gives it more of a thump.

With the top order looking pedestrian, we need this assertion in the middle.

Boult gets Root.
But Root has played magnificently.
Top stuff from him.

Eng-270/5.

Kiwis have not lacked any fight against England except 1 innings in the last game!

Didn't realise Guptill was playing. NZ middle order looking a bit more solid with him in there.

Has played county cricket last couple of seasons too so knows England.

Broady :( Poorly done. Means he's in for a terrible innings of bowling.

Boult is impressive.

And I am liking Root, I just wish he didn't look like a 14 year old Ellen DeGeneres.

All seven wickets to catches behind the batsman. England bowlers take note please!

All seven wickets to catches behind the batsman. England bowlers take note please!

Jimmy is going to revel in it. He's made his career off people nicking off his outswinger. I feel like Broady is going to be off tomorrow, and Finn is going to go for runs.

New Zealand bowled too short today.

England probably won't make the same mistake. At the very least Anderson won't...

I feel bad for Compo. All his dismissals have been really good balls, and it's hard to bat at the top of the order against that.

Prior doing a Prior.

Taking England to a match-winning total.

I was there.

Fantastic day out, and I am now quite sunburnt.

Unless England can dismiss the Kiwis for double figures in one of their innings again, DRAW.

Unless England can dismiss the Kiwis for double figures in one of their innings again, DRAW.

Draw does seem very likely. We need to at least force a follow on for victory. Cook will never set a target below 400 for 2nd innings, too conservative.

Assuming that NZ falls for under England's score, with Finn bowling, they may surpass it.

One of the bananas nearly got involved in a fight with a drunken crowd member later on, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back