England v Pakistan | First Test | Day 2 : Session 2 | Trent Bridge | 30/07/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZ

Hall of Famer
Runs
need to bat well, very tough conditions.

I hope the suns back out

Anderson and Broad are going to eat us alive in these conditions

feel sorry for our young batsmen they have not had the weather or pitches to get some runs under their belts. Whats happened to the English Summer its been overcast for the past few weeks! In these conditions if we can get about 275-300 I be happy :)

Pakistan will really struggle in these conditions. They can't be too defensive like England were in the morning and will have to play some shots otherwise they will simply get out to balls that are too good for them.

feel sorry for our young batsmen they have not had the weather or pitches to get some runs under their belts. Whats happened to the English Summer its been overcast for the past few weeks! In these conditions if we can get about 275-300 I be happy :)

Why should you feel sorry? Eoin Morgan had the same conditions. Our batsmen's techniques will be shown up with the exception of those that deserve to be there.

we're not going to win (or probably draw) with that score.

This young side will struggle in these conditions on the home side's pitches. They're far too inexperienced.

Why should you feel sorry? Eoin Morgan had the same conditions. Our batsmen's techniques will be shown up with the exception of those that deserve to be there.
No Conditions look a lot worse today than they did yesterday. England really benefited from the toss.

Back. This will be Pakistan's session Inshallah.

lets go farhat.

score big for us today and rescue this inexperienced side.

Same conditions, our batsmen make it look more difficult.
Same conditions for today, that's why England's batsmen struggled in the morning. It looks like it will get brighter throughout the day though.

Players like azhar, Amin ,Akmal its their first time batting in England and England if you ask many players is the hardest place to bat. Its ok for Raina to score a century on a flat deck but these guys will be tested in conditions they have never encountered before. We should not judge them just on this series.

Players like azhar, Amin ,Akmal its their first time batting in England and England if you ask many players is the hardest place to bat. Its ok for Raina to score a century on a flat deck but these guys will be tested in conditions they have never encountered before. We should not judge them just on this series.
Also England are used to playing under overcast conditions, as it's always cloudy/rainy in England anyway, lol.

No shouldn't judge them from this series, but their techniques will be tested. Should provide a stern test of their character too.

Anderson's having a good day today. 1 run from 5 overs.

Pitching the ball up is the key as Broad demonstrates there. We need to be careful here.

I think its safe to say we have the same level of skill as Bangladeshi batsmen.

someone is going to get out here

they don't look comfortable at all

interestiny, only 2 slips.

lol, Ramiz also mentions it.

someone is going to get out here

they don't look comfortable at all
I don't like it when Pakistani openers play defensively, it's always an ominous sign for some reason.

3 slips now and a gully for Broad. No runs since lunch.

Bowlers keeping it tight. Not seen any mistakes from them yet. I think our fatsmen are looking to see this new ball out.

Looking Ahead.

I would send Malik at #4 today instead of Umar amin.

We need to take pressure of the youngsters.

I think Pakistan play so much better when they play natural game, but as long as they not wreckless, and dont get out.. When the bowl stops swinging, i think they should play a bit more natural, but not wreckless.

any chances of sun coming out? :13: Ball is swinging but its not unplayable.

Come on boys you've got to keep the scoreboard ticking over.

4 maidens in a row. Shabaash boys koi baat nahi bas wicket nahi dena.

Nice to see a bit of temperament from these two. Ukmal would have tried to smash one by now.

this is a test match, and maiden overs are so common...

I prefer if Pakistan batsman stay in and get there eye settled in and play very slow for 10 or so overs, get the bowlers tired and wait for lose deliveries

Pakistan need to see of the new ball here still and hopefully prosper when the clouds go and the sun comes out.

Good discapline shown by both players out in middle so far.

shabash boys hang in there, they can't bowl all day.

Both Broad and Anderson have good days and bad days. Unfortunately it seems both broad and Anderson are on a good day.

No I was referring to south africa series and Ashes and Broad has performed well Recently

Show of aggression against the short ball, pummelled in front of square leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back