England v Pakistan | First Test | Day 2 : Session 2 | Trent Bridge | 30/07/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are all the Malik haters now? Malik actually looks okay out there..

Malik always looks good or ok when he gets to 15-25 and then throws it away.

If you cared to read any criticisms it is because he looks good but mentally and technically then shoots himself in the foot!

can malik redeem his reputation with pakpassion members with a big hundred. I will never abuse him again promise ;)

Where are all the Malik haters now? Malik actually looks okay out there..

Lol they are blaming him for not rejecting singles and putting aamer on strike...that even though aamer has dealt with 39 balls and the partnership is worth 38...

If it wasnt Malik then they would be praising the batsman for showing faith in his partner and praising him for building a partnership...
I can appreciate criticism when its due but some peoples attitudes are just petty...

I wanted Malik to get out cheaply so we can get rid of him for good in tests, but it seems like he is smiting his place for the next few matches.

whats the problem if he's actually player better then all other batsmen bar azhar ali ???

Malik is doing pretty well. But he needs to carry on. We've seen this so many times; he looks good for a 20/30 run period and then gets out.

Need a solid partnership here.

Wow malik playing good ehhh

Either you are watching a different game or Cricinfo is lying:

Broad to Shoaib Malik, FOUR, 84.2 mph, another boundary, and another one that has flown away in the air - that was a fullish ball that Malik tried to drive through mid-off, but the edge flew low through the vacant fourth slip region

Broad to Shoaib Malik, FOUR, 84.7 mph, there's a boundary, but it was flicked uppishly near the man at midwicket, Jonathan Trott dived across there and might have got his fingertips to that

Broad to Shoaib Malik, FOUR, 84.2 mph, another boundary, and another one that has flown away in the air - that was a fullish ball that Malik tried to drive through mid-off, but the edge flew low through the vacant fourth slip region

Broad to Shoaib Malik, FOUR, 84.7 mph, there's a boundary, but it was flicked uppishly near the man at midwicket, Jonathan Trott dived across there and might have got his fingertips to that

Malik is prone to hitting ball in air, its always been a problem for him!

I personally like Indias way of grooming youngsters they Play Youngsters firstly in ODIs and T20s before giving them test caps they still have likes of Dravid and Laxman playing test cricket and give chance to youngsters in ODis ... Raina is an example made his test debut after playing 98 ODIS
and kohli is still waiting ....

This Swann is overated bowler. He is just bowling straight no spin.

lol aamir playing better than our "youngsters",..drop amin,khatmal brothers..bring in yousuf and younis and haider!!

If we cross 88, I would be happy. Or else neither the Aussies nor the Indians would ever let us forget this one. :p

Come on Malik! I don't support Malik's (or Kamran's, or Farhat's) selection in the team, but once these guys are playing, they have all my support!

I personally like Indias way of grooming youngsters they Play Youngsters firstly in ODIs and T20s before giving them test caps they still have likes of Dravid and Laxman playing test cricket and give chance to youngsters in ODis ... Raina is an example made his test debut after playing 98 ODIS
and kohli is still waiting ....

In Pakistan, everyone is a senior!

Lol they are blaming him for not rejecting singles and putting aamer on strike...that even though aamer has dealt with 39 balls and the partnership is worth 38...

If it wasnt Malik then they would be praising the batsman for showing faith in his partner and praising him for building a partnership...
I can appreciate criticism when its due but some peoples attitudes are just petty...

Go back and read the commentary, how many times Aamer almost got out every time Mr. Great Batsman gave him strike after the first or second ball of the over!

Ideally, a batsman faces 4-5 balls and only exposes the tailender for 1-2 balls max...yes, it is not possible every time but Malik was constantly exposing Aamer (when Aamer had just come in and was not set yet) on the 1st or 2nd ball. If he cannot block/play 4 balls and try to take a single on the 5th or 6th ball, then maybe he should play in a women's league

Note: No one is saying don't take singles but when a tailender has just arrived on the crease, fo God's sake don't expose him after the 1st or 2nd ball

Last edited:
What a slash from Aamer. Calm down, son. It's last over before Tea.

Last over before Tea, Malik takes a single on the third delivery and exposes Aamir.

I dont care as long as he is scoring run he is good for me :14:

Horrible session for Pakistan but good fightback by Aamer. Well played young lad, we might get over 100 now.

Many ppl here have been saying that Malik should bat up the order since he is more experienced. You can't just throw Amin and Azhar at 3 and 4. Can PP please convey this to team management?

Poor captaincy from Strauss. Last over he let Malik take an easy single and now in the last over before tea he only has two slips in place....and he's just pushed the short leg back to mid off. :))

Wow! Just tuned in and saw this! Amazing! No need for seniors huh? Young team eh? Right you are Sir!

What a recovery!! I expected us to be bundled out under 60. Great recovery indeed(by Ijaz Butt's standards)

This is a lose lose situation for us,

Very little chance of us saving or winning this match and we will have Malik scoring a 60 odd of the edge of his bat.

The Malik fans will come out by the dozen proclaiming him as the greatest thing since chupri roti and we will have a batsman who score 20 runs and a bowler who two overs every match for the next ten matches.

we have won matches with 29/6 and moin khan coming and playing a blinder, now the question is , IS shoaib malik capable?

Very little chance of us saving or winning this match and we will have Malik scoring a 60 odd of the edge of his bat.

The Malik fans will come out by the dozen proclaiming him as the greatest thing since chupri roti and we will have a batsman who score 20 runs and a bowler who two overs every match for the next ten matches.

Malik has actually looked comfortable out there and played positively. I am not a Malik fan but give credit where its due.

Dont worry, Malik wont score 60. But if he does today than why not? If he performs I will take it, but I dont think he will. He is going to be in the team anyway whether he does or not, might as well get some runs.

When he doesn't score runs he's useless and has to be dropped.

When he scores runs it doesn't count because it's a flat track, Malik can't last 5 balls in swinging conditions.

It's swinging conditions, "He will fake injury and skip the test because he's scared"

He plays and scores in swinging conditions "Oh drop him anyway because I don't like the way he ties his shoelaces"

:93:

Go back and read the commentary, how many times Aamer almost got out every time Mr. Great Batsman gave him strike after the first or second ball of the over!

Ideally, a batsman faces 4-5 balls and only exposes the tailender for 1-2 balls max...yes, it is not possible every time but Malik was constantly exposing Aamer (when Aamer had just come in and was not set yet) on the 1st or 2nd ball. If he cannot block/play 4 balls and try to take a single on the 5th or 6th ball, then maybe he should play in a women's league

You make it sound like malik was set himself...these conditions are tough for everyone and the order of the day was to make runs...we were at 47-6and in need of runs...

And Aamer's a number 8...he's proven in a few innings that he can fend the ball a bit...rotating the strike and trying to make runs was priority and as it happens hes shown faith in his partner and they have racked up 43...

Play the keep the strike games when you get to batting with number 10 and 11 not 8...

And as a final point the fact is the result is a 44 run partnership...are you honestly gonna tell me if this wasnt shoaib malik involved we would be discussing this point...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back