England v Pakistan | First Test | Day 2 : Session 2 | Trent Bridge | 30/07/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Malik is anchoring the pakistani innings its the best of malik i have seen avoiding the bowlers and stays on non striker end well played malik..................

yaar when have younis and yousuf proved themselves in these conditions? i remember a test in 2006 where we got shot out for 100 odd with the two 'seniors. bass kardo! let these youngsters play, however bad they are. They'll work it out eventually. support them instead of giving your unhelpful criticism

Yousuf scored 631 runs at 90.14 on last England tour

Younis scored 329 runs at 65 on last English tour

Even in that 119 at MAnchester younis scored 44 and yousuf 38

http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/batting/most_runs_career.html?id=2641;type=series

Give chance to youngsters but dont destroy their careers .......

Give chance to any two from Azhar , Amin and Akmal jr

and get Yousuf and younis in

Which team will drop BATSMEN with average of 50 plus. Only Pakistan.

Last edited:
Good stuff Aamer, at least you are looking to score and not just fishing outside the off stump.

seeing i havent posted for a long time.

I think its time to say that i am very disappointed with our cricket.

You cant blame the bowlers for fighting back today in good conditions that helped them.

The blame lies that our batters are not good enough.

We just about scraped a win versus the aussies, and another 30 more to chase may have given them a 2 nil scoreline.

We have been outdone with some decent bowling. However, in retrospect, out batters have not shown the fortitude for top level batting.

Calling for this and that player to come back, may help in terms of their records, but yousaf has not played decent level criket for months and younus's form is patchy at best.

Experience helps no end for sure. Scoring runs is an issue.

These are my opinions only and thats all.

The england bowlers have an extra yard than our guys, admitted. However, asif's guile was used not his pace. So there isnt an argument there in fairness.

Without doubt if we keep dropping chances, then we dont deserve anything but criticism.

Hoping for the best is not good enough.

potw

Einstein Bhaijans, maybe your mind works in single digits only like one match at a time...gander at their respective careers averages in England and then talk!

Those averages were accumulated on GOOD batting wickets. Not once did they have to play in a day where 12 wickets fell for 70 runs. Try and understand the game better before you pass your remarks. For every sensible poster, there are always 10 Ejaz butt minded posters who talk utter nonsense at times

we need every run we can get.

Yes, we are only a few singles away from victory...we need every run we can get; should have told that to Kuuptaan and other senior batsmen!

England scored 354, taking these singles on the first/second ball of each over will only mean one thing...we will get bowled out even quicker!

Malik the Great Batsman for once should try shielding the tail and score some meaningful runs while rescuing the team, or is that asking too much?

It would be a miracle if we could avoid the follow on from here. Shocking display from the batsmen.

Amir into double figures. Looks like Amir has to the batting as well as the bowling. Feel sorry for the guy.

I Actually want that to happen, but what about if we are still in teh same situation,

i say we will get out for 60 or max 70 today

THIS IS A HUGE INSULT TO OUR BOWLING ( WHEN I SAY BOWLING I ONLY MEAN ASIF AND AMER), THESE 2 GUYS DESERVE A BETTER TEAM , FEEL SORRY FOR THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all know how our batting is and our bowling is over rated except for Amir and Asif. Gul ad Kaneria are utter crap and Kamran's keeping makes our bowling suck even more. Except for Aamir, Asif and to some extent Umer Akmal we have no match winners in our team. This is brain frat Afridi's stupid idea to have all youngsters in and kick world class players out. We need to replace Malik, Kamran, Farhat, Amin, Kaneria and Gul.

This should be the playing XI:

1.Salman Butt
2.Azhar Ali (I am not impressed by him, but his has done well so can't kick him out.)
3.Younis Khan
4.Mohammed Yousuf
5.Umer Akmal (He has potential I don't know what's happening to him. With two Y's playing with him am sure they will coach him on and off the field.)
6.Fawad Alam
7Zulqarnain Haider (since he is the keeper already on tour, but in future I would replace him with Sarfraz Ahmed)
8.Mohammed Amir
9.Mohammed Asif
10.Tanvir Ahmed/Mohammed Ifran(will be handful with his height)/Wahab Raiz
11.Zulfiqar Babar(left arm spinner, avg 20 in first class. I 100% he can't be worse then Kaneria)

Salam Noddy Bhai. good to see you posting again!

Pakistan has a world class bowling attack and a school boy batting line up and sadly low scores and Bowlers efforts being wasted has already been a theme for last calender year and it will sadly continue!

Einstein Bhaijans, maybe your mind works in single digits only like one match at a time...gander at their respective careers averages in England and then talk!

the point's not whether YK or Yousuf are good enough, its how even the best can get dismissed in tough conditions.

Those averages were accumulated on GOOD batting wickets. Not once did they have to play in a day where 12 wickets fell for 70 runs. Try and understand the game better before you pass your remarks. For every sensible poster, there are always 10 Ejaz butt minded posters who talk utter nonsense at times

Yes MoYo and YK had Pakistani conditions imported to the crease every time they batted and when others were batting and like now, the conditions were foreign!

What magicians they were and they should be hung for such black magic.

Note: If you can recall each and every of that innings and match conditions/weather etc., then you really are an eistein:inti

The only positive thing about our cricket is our 2 seamers and Gul in patches.....

Butt hasnt capatained too bad either.

You may deem it negative, but from a players point of view, its the truth, whether you like it or not.
Noddy - someone who talks sense.

This site is full of deluded people who are fanatics of Pakistan - but are totally unrealistic.

I think YK and Moyo should have played - but I agree - calling them now would have no effect. YK is in no touch. And Moyo hasn't picked up a bat in months.

Bottom line is: a) We are the worst batting team in World cricket apart from Zimmies containing rubbish players, rookies and sloggers b) We have an over-hyped bowling attack apart from Asif and Aaamer c) We can't field d) We haven't lost match because of Kamrans keeping - but if we had a competent batting team, Kamrans keeping would have been the sole reason for losing.

The deluded on here don't see this. They actually have more confidence in the players then the players have in themselves!

This tour is gona be a rude awakening for our batsmen. They are in for a treat

Atif have look at their career averages in England .............

the point's not whether YK or Yousuf are good enough, its how even the best can get dismissed in tough conditions.

What do conditions have to do with more than half of the dismissals...most of them have gotten out poking outside off and that is where experience of having played in such conditions come in handy!

Pak 65/6 - Malik 12* Aamer 11*

100s needed from both!

We all know how our batting is and our bowling is over rated except for Amir and Asif. Gul ad Kaneria are utter crap and Kamran's keeping makes our bowling suck even more. Except for Aamir, Asif and to some extent Umer Akmal we have no match winners in our team. This is brain frat Afridi's stupid idea to have all youngsters in and kick world class players out. We need to replace Malik, Kamran, Farhat, Amin, Kaneria and Gul.

This should be the playing XI:

1.Salman Butt
2.Azhar Ali (I am not impressed by him, but his has done well so can't kick him out.)
3.Younis Khan
4.Mohammed Yousuf
5.Umer Akmal (He has potential I don't know what's happening to him. With two Y's playing with him am sure they will coach him on and off the field.)
6.Fawad Alam
7Zulqarnain Haider (since he is the keeper already on tour, but in future I would replace him with Sarfraz Ahmed)
8.Mohammed Amir
9.Mohammed Asif
10.Tanvir Ahmed/Mohammed Ifran(will be handful with his height)/Wahab Raiz
11.Zulfiqar Babar(left arm spinner, avg 20 in first class. I 100% he can't be worse then Kaneria)

I agree wid this team

That is a perfect team to groom yougsters ......

1. Asif
2. Kaneria
3. Gul
4. Aamir
5. Razzaq
6. Arafat
7. sarfraz
8. ajmal
9. m.irfan
10. wahab
11. rao

What do conditions have to do with more than half of the dismissals...most of them have gotten out poking outside off and that is where experience of having played in such conditions come in handy!

He has to defend any performance, no mater how bad. "Its not their fault they are 65/6"

ideally the openers are supposed to see off the new ball and new ball bowlers .. make it easier for the rest of the batters ... atleast top four ... here we have amer facing anderson and finn

Come on Malik boy, get us past the follow on!

What did you make of England dropping 6 wickets for 23?...

only Kamran played a very poor stroke...the rest got dismissed by the bowlers.

as I type this, Bumble has done a 3rd Man analysis saying the same.

cmon Malik..justify your selection!! I dont mind if he makes me eat my words..make a 100!!..cmon

Exactly.

This is England, it was obvious what the conditions were going to be like. But experienced batsmen would have had a better chance because they would know when to leave the ball.

Bumble has just made the same point.

It's all good starting a new era but on a tour to England and with the World cup coming up? PCB are the most idiotic board of all.

Malik has made a nice 16 so far... how long till he throws it away?

sorry adarsh dont think so...one more wicket and its dominoes for us!! asif and danish cant hold a bat to save any life let alone their own!!

Swann on and he usually takes a wicket in his 1st over.

Pandamonium . We need younis and yousuf for sure and bat hameed at 5 instead and of umar akmal and drop kamran akmal because he always matchfixing and play the keeper doesnt matter if he cant bat atleast we have strong middle order

dont worry AJ..he'll make a nice 30 and anwaar will say how he was the only one who batted well and he's in the team for another 100 years!!

You know guys in reality pakistan have played better then england because england lost 6 wickets for some 20 runs and pakistan lost 6 wicket for 69 runs so enjoy :)

Where are all the Malik haters now? Malik actually looks okay out there..

He has to defend any performance, no mater how bad. "Its not their fault they are 65/6"

I'd rather do that than pointlessly berate them all the time...gives me no satisfaction whatsoever.

I think the mere presence of only one of the senior top batsmen, either MoYo or YK, even if they wouldn't have scored much today, would have done wonders for the confidence levels of the rest of the young team. I'm sure that would have contributed a bit to taking the scores a little further. Just a thought.

But anyway, hope the youngsters don't get too discouraged and really come back strong in the next game. As I've said before, Pakistan team wins and loses matches inside their heads, not on the ground.

Last edited:
sorry adarsh dont think so...one more wicket and its dominoes for us!! asif and danish cant hold a bat to save any life let alone their own!!

and thats exactly why i feel malik needs to taking every scoring opportunity he gets ... malik + amer + gul must score a hundred runs more ... tough ask really ... but swann's on and malik likes spinners

Where are all the Malik haters now? Malik actually looks okay out there..

Don't count your chickens yet, anything less than 150 and he'll be under investigation for match-fixing

I wanted Malik to get out cheaply so we can get rid of him for good in tests, but it seems like he is smiting his place for the next few matches.

^^Yes, looking OK is the ultimate one can wish for Malik the Great

good to see malik doing what he should be doing .... he should bat ( if he's in the team ) at number 4

Wow what a sorry scorecard. Went out before the start of second session, expecting the batting to flop big time and boy they didn't disappoint......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back