England v Pakistan | Fourth Test | Day 1 : Session 3 | Lords | 26/08/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which country is more manhoos (Cricket wise) in terms of rain - England or Srilanka?

It's raining at the moment, and light is bad. I reckon they won't be coming back today.

3.58pm Things are still looking pretty dire on the weather front, but we have Andrew Miller and Nagraj Gollapudi at the ground and so as soon as there are any developments we'll let you know. In the meantime, have a look at Andrew McGlashan's bulletin, and (Pakistan fans) try not to spontaneously combust when you read what Miller has to tell us: "According to Jo King, the inestimable Channel Five scorer, Umar Akmal's drop was Pakistan's 18th of the series, which has allowed England to add something in the region of 380 runs. And given that the highest score of the series is 354, that's significant."

Cricinfo

380 runs is rather a lot isn't it *sigh*. Oh well, hopefully that'll be the only drop of this match.

Plus it was cook who hopefully will get out soon anyway. If it were trott I'd probably be more angry.

Can't see any play today ..although i hope I'm wrong..need to get another wicket but I doubt if Eng want to come out today.

wow, great to see one down early but need some quick wickets before end of the day. wish pak fielding first proves to be a good choice..... if my strength is my bowling then i wud def always go for fielding first.....hope the game starts soon and we take some wickets.

Cricinfo:

Here's Miller again: "Incidentally, we are currently in 50% refund territory. Any more than 25 overs, no refund. And right at this moment, I wouldn't say I'm entirely optimistic!"

380 runs is rather a lot isn't it *sigh*. Oh well, hopefully that'll be the only drop of this match.

Plus it was cook who hopefully will get out soon anyway. If it were trott I'd probably be more angry.

That's true. Hope he is not in for another century today though.

Dam would hate this game to be a washout worst results possible!, would rather play even if we end up losing! losing 2-1 with an abadoned test would just feel me wondering what might have been! anyways still hope pakistan only need 3 1/2 days to win or lose test match!

Rain is getting heavier. So no chance of play today, hopefully tomorrow morning conditions are overcast with no rain.

4.14pm The rain's getting heavier, so it could be a long wait until we resume today, if at all. "There's a cloud over the pavilion that's so black it looks as though Marylebone Station is on fire," says Miller. That doesn't sound good

The rain's getting heavier, so it could be a long wait until we resume today, if at all.

We will get Cook soon enough, Strauss looked good there and at the end got good one from Asif. Just feel we can get away with 2 slips. Put more pressure on batsmans by saving singles. Take Akmal from 3rd slip and put him to save the singles.

He cant catch anyway must of the times.

We will get Cook soon enough, Strauss looked good there and at the end got good one from Asif. Just feel we can get away with 2 slips. Put more pressure on batsmans by saving singles. Take Akmal from 3rd slip and put him to save the singles.

He cant catch anyway must of the times.

this is a Test match, not an ODI...who the hell cares about the singles.

Play not looking likely today. If only Akmal had taken that catch, could've been well and truly our day, however shortened.

this is a Test match, not an ODI...who the hell cares about the singles.

But i dont think English batsman should get 3-4 runs by pushing down with the bat. Put pressure and let them know they will have to take extra risk to score runs here.

But i dont think English batsman should get 3-4 runs by pushing down with the bat. Put pressure and let them know they will have to take extra risk to score runs here.

there are only so many people you have on the field:

Keeper
Bowler
3 Slips
Gully
Cover
Mid-off
Short Leg

2 fielders, and one is the other fast bowler who is taking a break at Deep Backward Square.

which leaves just 1 :yk

"Aggers on TMS reckons we are unlikely to see any more play today and reminds spectators that there's a "money-back situation". Only 12.3 overs have been bowled so you'd be entitled to receive back 50% of the cost of your ticket."

If you paid £100 then £50 for 12.3 overs of play, that around £4.00 an over.

The weather looks a lot better tommorow.

play can still be possible for another 3 hours, right?

"Aggers on TMS reckons we are unlikely to see any more play today and reminds spectators that there's a "money-back situation". Only 12.3 overs have been bowled so you'd be entitled to receive back 50% of the cost of your ticket."

If you paid £100 then £50 for 12.3 overs of play, that around £4.00 an over.

The weather looks a lot better tommorow.

UK is expensive

You can't beat the atmosphere at Lords though...but I agree ticket prices should be lowered by at least 30% across the board.

wonder if weather stays like this for the ODI series..... does it rain alot this time of the summer over in UK?

4.50pm Unfortunately, I've got no good news for you after this long wait. The rain continues to fall, the covers are on, and the prospects of play resuming today look ever slimmer.

cricinfo

no wonder no one watches test cricket at the grounds..

To be fair, England along with Australia are the two nations in which grounds are well supported for test cricket. I went to the Oval a couple of years ago and couldn't understand the accent of the kid sitting next to me, it was too posh! £100 to many who go to Lords or Oval is nothing.

MCG will have 90,000 people watching the first day of the boxing test, this is good for the game.

While in India, you can get into the ground for 100 rupees but at some grounds there is only one man and his dog present.

Umpires out, a little drizzle but looks very gloomy. Billy playing a few shots with his umbrella.

5.05pm The umpires are out in the middle checking on conditions, and it appears the rain has stopped. But there's still plenty of dark cloud around and the light certainly isn't great.

some hope??

5.05pm The umpires are out in the middle checking on conditions, and it appears the rain has stopped. But there's still plenty of dark cloud around and the light certainly isn't great.

some hope??

No hope yaar..sojao...come in tomorrow with fresh hope. I'm also off for a date.

And the latest news is that there's going to be another inspection at 5.35pm... "Don't blame me, I'm just passing the message on," adds the press-box scorer, who sums up the pervading mood of futility up here.

Im actually glad they came off when they did. A missed catch creates negativity. Pakistan have apparently missed 18 cathches this summer costing 380 runs !!!!! (courtesy of cricinfo). Trott was looking good.

We've got a wicket. Let's start fresh tomorrow and this time take EVERY chance.

I just pray we get a full day tommorrow and bowl eng out for less than 250. Then we need to get 300-350 and bowl eng out for 200.

Im actually glad they came off when they did. A missed catch creates negativity. Pakistan have apparently missed 18 cathches this summer costing 380 runs !!!!! (courtesy of cricinfo). Trott was looking good.

We've got a wicket. Let's start fresh tomorrow and this time take EVERY chance.

Another wicket today would be nice, the weather looks good tommorow and England could get a good score on the board.

Just watching the Shakur Rana test match, didn't know :ibutt was the secetary then. lol

Wow a young Ijaz Butt on sky sports now

inspection in 5 mins, we will know very soon.

Even if there is no more play today, at least we got rid of Strauss. We'll get the rest of them tomorrow. Our bowlers should be pumped up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back