England v S.A | 4th Test | The Oval | 7/08/08

Oxy said:
But what if I dont feel safe carrying cash in London?

Do what everyone else does..........................................wear a hoodie and carry a knife! :altaf

All things considered, a reasonable effort from England with only one annoying partnership of note. You would expect this batting lineup to get this target 7 or 8 times out of 10, so I am optimistic.

Oxy said:
But what if I dont feel safe carrying cash in London?

You can buy tickets from Surrey CCC's online site. Should be good, weather's meant to be an improvement on today. I'm popping down to the Oval tomorrow if you want to catch up Oxy, preparing to gather my Lord's bum-cushion, binoculars and Test match radio!

CMon Morne Morkel, enough with the line and length stuff, you dont have much to play with now. Cmon and touch 96-97 mph and just bowl like crazy. Hes been really boring this series i am afraid Morne.

79 without loss to the Engerlund. SA need something spectacular now....

Why the hell has Morne Morkel bowled with in himself? Does he think he will be successful bowling at 84-86 mph. Why not use your strength which is your ability to hit 90-93 mph? A tall fast bowler with extreme pace. Literally wasting himself i am afraid.

Well done England, well done new skipper KP.

1-2 to SA is a fair reflection of the way the two teams played. If Smith had (rightly) been given out on 85 off Monty in the third test it might have been 2-1 to England, but well done Saffers for your first victory in England since readmission.

Someone please tell me, why did Morne not bowl to his potential? Who is the idiot who asked him to cut down his pace? Why should someone who his capable of bowling at 93-94 mph be bowling at 83-85 mph instead?

A close-ish series that rightly went to South Africa in the end. Very pleased with the win though, I thought we were going to feel sorry for ourselves and go down 3-0. Pietersen deserves a lot of credit for pulling the team together, a generally good display of captaincy in the field, and the game's only century which seperated the sides in the end.

I am disgusted with Morne Morkel's efforts in this test. Its one thing to be wayward, but for him not to bowl to his strength which was his 90 mph pace really speaks poorly for him.

Nothing to bother us from what I have seen of this series, Steyn aside.

Morkel is not going to be any use to anyone if he cannot bowl a consistent line and length, our batsman will feast upon him.

Harris is terrible, there was so much rough for him to bowl into and the ball was jumping all over the place but he could not apply any pressure.

Beau Casson v Harris for the title of worst Test spinner this summer...

Back