England v West Indies, 3rd Test, Old Trafford

What I found weird was that Rob said he was bowled. That's why I asked.

Wth, that looks weird. Nice pic. Those photographers are awesome!

What I must ask is, why is his helmet not tight on his head?

Last edited:
Sean said:

He said the strap was done up but.. I dunno.

Just a freak thing I guess.

Sean said:

Probaly his his head is too small since it does not have much to carry, so they do not make helemts in his size. :D

morton gone after a decent 54. opted not to play a shot and is lbw to panesar

Billy said:
_43029123_helap416.jpg

It's still hit wicket.
HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAH!
I am gonna save that on to my harddrive.

Dar gives a Chanderpaul a life on an lbw that's hitting leg. 255/5

200 or 5 wickets to win the match.

Prior drops Ramdin 2 balls later. Very tough chance but i think Chris Read would have taken it (ok that's my dig at Prior for this test done)

284/5. Starting to get a little worried that we might mess this up but 2 wickets and the tail should follow i reckon.

In Hash's absence...

Come on Windies - we can do it!!! :23:

Geez, the Pommies making real hard work of this match. Can England do an Adelaide and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory?

They should just get rid Strauss and put him in county until he find's form come on windies you can do it.

Chanderpaul seems content to give the strike to Sammy on the first ball of every over

Not sure if Chanderpaul understands that he needs to take the majority of the strike if WI are to win this game. In this partnershit, Chanderpaul has only faces 12 balls, while Sammy has had to face 30!

sean- 333 for 6

another 122 required

Got a stream. :)
Was sammy batting at the end of the over then or Chander?

Damn, i have audio, but the picture has frozen. :(

Beefy saying it is cramp. Why would you have cramp so early in the day? He hasn't been out long.

Drinks have been taken.

6/342

Sammy 20
Chanderpaul 90

Chanderpaul has really fixed up his stance. Looks much better now!

seems Chanderpaul just wants his century.... exposing the tailender in the first ball itelf..

This is a damning indictment on Englands bowling if they can't defend 450+ on a wicket like this against the 8th ranked team in the world.

pak4life said:
was that off the arm??

I think so, but they have had some luck of their own in the 4th innings. what goes around comes around.

all over. well played WI and Shiv fought all the way to the end. Could have shielded the tail abit better though.

I think shiv did an inzi (or malik) regarding treatment of the tail - and it cost him.

Naved said:
I think shiv did an inzi (or malik) regarding treatment of the tail - and it cost him.
OR a 'Steve Waugh' - lets not get carried away - Waugh did the same - sometimes it worked - sometimes it didnt.

Oxy said:
OR a 'Steve Waugh' - lets not get carried away - Waugh did the same - sometimes it worked - sometimes it didnt.

Yeh absolutely, I agree, he was another one that was overrated with his handling of the tail. Unfortunately, English commentators start drooling whenever an aussie is playing even remotely well...

I think its funny that Shiv's "wonderful" innings will probably end up in the Wisden top 100, yet when a hate figure like Tendulkar or Pietersen ends up unbeaten because they haven't shepherded the tail well, then they are called selfish. The way Shiv exposed the bowlers today was shocking. It was an excellent innings from Shiv yesterday and a poor innings from him today, which balances out as a good innings. And that's all it was - a good'un. Nothing more.

17 wickets at 20 each for Panesar in the three tests so far. What an outstanding performance. Only one out of the three pitches has been spin friendly! Harmison's 12 wickets at 30 each is less impressive, but he has taken some of the most important scalps.

Whippy said:
I think its funny that Shiv's "wonderful" innings will probably end up in the Wisden top 100, yet when a hate figure like Tendulkar or Pietersen ends up unbeaten because they haven't shepherded the tail well, then they are called selfish. The way Shiv exposed the bowlers today was shocking. It was an excellent innings from Shiv yesterday and a poor innings from him today, which balances out as a good innings. And that's all it was - a good'un. Nothing more.

17 wickets at 20 each for Panesar in the three tests so far. What an outstanding performance. Only one out of the three pitches has been spin friendly! Harmison's 12 wickets at 30 each is less impressive, but he has taken some of the most important scalps.

Only winning 100s end up in wisden top 100.

Whippy said:
Not strictly true, look through the list

Where is the list? Last time i cheked there were only winning 100s or draws ones. I don't think 100s in losing case count.

The comment about it getting into the top 100 was more of a moan about how overrated the innings is than something I actually expect to happen.

Another superb pitch and test match by West indies. The collapse in the 1st inns basically cost them the Game. Panesar bowled well all match and to their credit west indies showed grit and courage in 2nd inns. Chanderpauls knock was a gem. West indies need to fight like this more often and they then may start winning tests abroad again!

Well done England for wrapping up the series. England's bowlers and WIs' fielders need to work on their game.

Vaughan as captain has won 21 tests out of 35 and 8 test series out of 11, and hit 184 runs in 3 innings, including a century, in his second stint as test captain. I thought he was a liability?

Whippy said:
Vaughan as captain has won 21 tests out of 35 and 8 test series out of 11, and hit 184 runs in 3 innings, including a century, in his second stint as test captain. I thought he was a liability?

yeah he is in ODIS.

Is this a topic about an ODI, was I talking about ODIs, is there an ODI series going on at the moment.

Back