England vs Australia | 3rd Ashes Test | Old Trafford | 02/8/13 | Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of bad weather on day 4 and 5.

Untitled.jpg

Make or break day for Australia.

Will be following the game on cricinfo till Cook and Trott are at the crease :eyesore

Rooting for KP to find some form back and come up with one of his specials today!

Cloudy here at the moment but doesn't appear to be a threat of rain.

Just as I say that they start to bring the covers on!

Cook made an error with the review about Bresnan. Solid two hour occupation of the crease by Brezza would have been great for England and for the likes of KP, Bell

WEATHER REPORT
BBC Weather's Ben Rich: "If we keep our fingers crossed, we shouldn't do too badly at Old Trafford - there's a chance of a shower but in the main it should be fine and dry."

Covers are off now, sun keeps coming and going, Australian players out there doing some fielding drills.

Cook made an error with the review about Bresnan. Solid two hour occupation of the crease by Brezza would have been great for England and for the likes of KP, Bell

I think their tactic is that only the top seven get a review.

I think their tactic is that only the top seven get a review.

I personally felt that Cook was a under bit of a pressure and played it safe. Batting partners need to be consulted only when one is reviewing a lbw decision. If Timothy was extremely confident he had not hit it, some trust would be have helpful. Besides, Brezza is supposedly a modern day night watchman. He sees off the bowling on the evening and then makes big runs the following day.

Trott just does not look anywhere near his old solid self. Too many strokes these days :facepalm:

C'mon aussie oi oi , don't let the final two tests be dead rubbers.

Cook is going to come up with something special today.He always manages to hang on in tight situations like these.Pietersen is a bit handy as well.

Clarke should have a bowl himself , he has been reluctant to bowl since he became a captain.

60% chance of rain tomorrow 100% chance of rain Monday. Aussies must get a move on.

Lol bring on left arm spin and is Starc really good enough to be playing tests?

WOW! Australia have a real chance of winning this if there's no rain.

Though flat, it isn't an easy wicket to get started, almost every batsman has got a 50+ or a digit score so far. If you can buy your time initially, you can score a lot of runs here.

Kevin Pietersen has looked really good so far today. Hoping he continues to play his shots.

WOW! Australia have a real chance of winning this if there's no rain.

I think they need to get into England's second innings today.

We live in Burnley which is a stones throw from the ground and the weather for tomorrow is rain showers and for day 5 its heavy rain showers and even thunder and lightning.

67 runs & 2 wickets .Good session for visitors .Does any one think a result possible here ?

Follow-on target is 328, if we get to that we will get the draw. And the Ashes! :)

Follow-on target is 328, if we get to that we will get the draw. And the Ashes! :)

Dont think 328 will be a issue at all . These 2 are looking real fluent now . 172/4 after 70 overs .

Geoffrey Boycott, Ex-England batsman on BBC Test Match Special
"I don't like being in the sea. I can't swim, the fish can't bat. We're all square."

^ what was that about ?

Lyon is hit out of the attack.

They should give Smith another bowl.

Great daring cricket from Pietersen to hit Lyon out of the attack. And the momentum of the game itself has altered since then. That is why KP is a world-class player; this concept is lost on the dullards and statisticians of course.

KP foils the Aussies at the last hurdle yet again.

He has been their bogey player for nigh on a decade now.

Rhino just rung the Bell :)
225 for 5 . Let us have a flurry of wickets .I cannot tolerate draws .

Come on Kevin, just another couple of hours and we'll be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back