England vs Australia | 3rd Ashes Test | Old Trafford | 04/8/13 | Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
What score do Eng need to win by this series for Pakistan to go to 4 on test ranking?

225 for 1 with 52 [notional tbh ] overs left in the day . If i was Clarke , i would bat for 20 more overs look to get 100+ & declare . A draw means they lose the Ashes anyway .

Pup needs to declare soon. Maybe when the OZ get to 300. Warner needs to step it up. If it's raining tomorrow who knows if we will get a result. Draw is as good as a loss.

I get the impression that Boof has figured out what the best Aussie side is i.e. Rogers and Warner at the top, Clarke at #4, Watson down the order; Harris, Starc and Siddle.

Beautiful footwork from Uzzy to make Kevinder look like a dunce :four

If England could score only 368 first innings, they are less likely to get 300 in their second. So yes, Aussies must declare with lead of 325 and that is their only chance of making a contest off the remaining tests.

The booing of Warner is getting ridiculous now.

I'm all for banter but this is/was stupid.

I get the impression that Boof has figured out what the best Aussie side is i.e. Rogers and Warner at the top, Clarke at #4, Watson down the order; Harris, Starc and Siddle.

I think so too. Still not sold on Warner, but I would prefer him rather than Twatto at the top. I have a feeling Boof will stick with Twatto to the end of the series, so that there is no whinging when he is dropped down the order. The only reason I would still have him in the side is because he's a half-decent bowler. I think either Warner or Hughes could fill that top role, both are flawed but there's not really anyone else putting their hand up.

Watto promoted ,looks like declaration by tea is on .

last ball of prev over : Swann to Khawaja, 4 byes, beats the bat, and Prior, slip too! That spun a long way, Swann gave it a rip and it went out of the footmarks as Khawaja looked to hit it over cow corner, the ball clipped Prior's gloves and nearly gave Trott a black eye on its way past

come on Pup,be adventurous ,declare at 280 :)

watto looks like getting out every single ball

last ball of prev over : Swann to Khawaja, 4 byes, beats the bat, and Prior, slip too! That spun a long way, Swann gave it a rip and it went out of the footmarks as Khawaja looked to hit it over cow corner, the ball clipped Prior's gloves and nearly gave Trott a black eye on its way past

come on Pup,be adventurous ,declare at 280 :)

Without McGrath and Warne, a bit too risky on this wicket. England have the time to win this game, and if they win this game, we may see a white wash.

Without McGrath and Warne, a bit too risky on this wicket. England have the time to win this game, and if they win this game, we may see a white wash.
gotta take risks sometimes. no point in going for a draw

Do not see them batting beyond tea . It will either be a draw or Aus win . 258 for 3 .

khawaja gone bowled by swann round his legs. pathetic technique

LOL Twatson so useless man. This guy is so not a pressure batsman.

I know they need to flog the ball around, but we need to play intelligently as well.

Starc and Haddin will have to go all out if Ozzie baytsmun keep going like this

I don't think 5-0 is any worse than 4-0 to be honest. If they go down fighting in this one and lose trying to win that's acceptable given the state of this side and what's happened in the past.

I don't think 5-0 is any worse than 4-0 to be honest. If they go down fighting in this one and lose trying to win that's acceptable given the state of this side and what's happened in the past.

I say 320 minimum

Well it depends on what you consider risk. They can declare right now if they are confident. But I assume they will be looking at 300+ lead to have a realistic chance of winning.

Poor cricket from Clarke, that was Smith's call.

On the other hand, how England uses the sub is a bit of a joke!

Captured it perfectly!

Attachments

• DSC00901_wm.JPG
    DSC00901_wm.JPG
    398.6 KB · Views: 39
Gotta feel it for the Aussies, the only match they are on top the rain Gods are stealing their glory.

I think Aus shud draw at tea, otherwise no chance of winning.

Rain is playing on minds of aussies, so they are getting out early.

Aussie should have declared during that rain break. Don't think they'll win now.

my predication in next 5 overs, Ausies declare or they will all out

I guess they have enough score, niw they shud declare and attack on Eng.

on the other hand, i m not under estimating Eng. they make win from here to make it 3-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back