England vs India | 3rd Test | Nottingham | August 18-22, 2018 | Day 2 Thread

Not taking anything away from India they have bowled superbly after lunch but england batting is shockingly bad.

This is India's to lose from here. A mixture of poor batting and good bowling have turned this game on it's head.

We do NOT want a Woakes run-fest here.

This is what happens when you get bowling conditions. England got a sunny day to bat at lords.

Hopefully should be batting before close.

England sliding fast here. India set for a big 1st inns lead.

Still a bunch of boundaries in supply.

All that Pandya talent coming through. Where are his critics hiding now?

We have argued long and hard on this forum who has the better bowling attack Pakistan or India and after watching this morning I can say for sure Pakistan bowling is far superior than Indias.

Really poor bowling this morning, took of all the pressure of the new ball. Bowling short and wide, England will score 500 if they keep bowling like that!

Spoke too soon bro.

All that Pandya talent coming through. Where are his critics hiding now?

Right here.

He’s doing great with the ball after AGES and still hasn’t scored a fifty on this tour.

Let’s stay tuned to see if he can turn it around.

Addition of Bhuvi would have been great here. If the ball moves England players are equally worst players of such bowling.

Indian batting was also bad in the first two tests. :inti

No doubt both teams batting is bad on swinging pitches but you expect england to play the moving ball better than the indians being home conditions but they are aweful. So it comes back to had India prepared more on these pitches results would've been different their batting is more than capable of outdoing England's.

This is Pandya's best day in cricket lol.

Pant has been brilliant as well.

Another one for Pandya. Would like to see him dedicate this to Michael Holding who couldn't stop firing shots at him.

No doubt both teams batting is bad on swinging pitches but you expect england to play the moving ball better than the indians being home conditions but they are aweful. So it comes back to had India prepared more on these pitches results would've been different their batting is more than capable of outdoing England's.

Yup pathetic attitude from BCCI. Should have organised 2 test against Ireland considering they would provide good bowling pitches.

Gosh, and how has this panned out!

I can't watch the game live but it looks to me like Pant has a very safe pair of hands behind the wicket.

Buttler may have to go in one day mode and lift England to at least 200.

I can hardly hear Holding on the mic, can hear the disgust on his face from here loool.

Time for a few of our fans to go into hiding. On this forum when you have 1 or 2 bad games , The opinions go over the top.

Another one for Pandya. Would like to see him dedicate this to Michael Holding who couldn't stop firing shots at him.

I wouldn't put it like that. Holding was only stating the obvious as Pandya was looking toothless in both batting and bowling before this inning.

Gosh, and how has this panned out!

I can't watch the game live but it looks to me like Pant has a very safe pair of hands behind the wicket.

Yeah it's not easy keeping in these conditions with the ball hooping around but he's taken some sharp catches.

If he gets another one right away we can make them follow on lol.

Trail by 201.

Pandya you beauty! That's the IPL Power my boy! That's the way you shut down the mouths of your haters!!!

Broad is a great lower order batsman...he can easily score a 50 here and annoy Indian bowling

England now truly exposed for the weak team they are. Like I said before the series, if India play to their potential, they should win this series.

The conditions in this match have been identical to the 1st Test. After an easy first day for batting, conditions have gotten tougher.

What England needed here was a magical Kohli-like inning, which never came.

Got his first 5 wicket haul. He will now be selected for the next 10 tests on the basis of this.

This isn't the time for these sort of statements, should be rejoicing this moment. It's been a very tough tour for him and India.

Pandya you beauty! That's the IPL Power my boy! That's the way you shut down the mouths of your haters!!!

Yeah thats the power of IPL. Guy performs after 10 innings and look at the joy on his fans faces lol. See you again after 10 innings. :inti

Last edited:
Back