England Vs India 7th Odi

went for the slog sweep 6

hits it straight down midwickets throat :6: :6:

well played non the less...............

cavin420 said:
india can kiss there 2nd innings chasing winning streak goood bye ;)

powar bowling a decent spell here.........

158 for 3 , 28.4 overs
ps: anyone remember a bloke called empirebuiltolast been ages since i last saw him!

u jinxed them cav :12: :12:

Roly Poly is bowling quite well. at less than 3 RPO amidst all this mayhem is quite an achievement.

danced down the track and over long on in the crowd!

this time colly :11:

colly is to england what beaven was to austrailia !

bacha pathan into the attack.........bowling his express pace 65mph deliveries :67:

226 for 4

make that 227 for 4

42.4 overs

cavin420 said:
colly is to england what beaven was to austrailia !

bacha pathan into the attack.........bowling his express pace 65mph deliveries :67:

226 for 4

make that 227 for 4

42.4 overs

:13: ::J
Yeah the only difference is Beaven Averaged around 56 and Colly is averaging 33.6:91::91::91:

outttttttttttttttttttt

karthik takes a blinder........one handed diving catch............

g.jones goesssssssssss

well played though 53 off 50 balls

257 for 5 now

45.3 overs

smashed by blackwell :11:

off the mark with that in some style!

261 now for 5

444444444444444444 more smashing shot
black well :11:

265 for 5

46 overs

if england can score 300 then its game set n match ;)

colly goess

outtttttttttt

well played 67 though

267 now england with 6 wickets down

46.4 overs gone

what the hell is Liam plunket doing out their when you have kabir ali waiting to bat is beyond me, this is extremly poor cricket from england!

47 overs

blackwell outttttttttttttttttttttttt

straight into deep long on,s hand loose shot scooped it

274 for 7

badri picks his 4th wicket :12:

Ali comes out finally :108:

that was an impressive shot by ali to get off the mark waisey ;)

dances down the track ali and miss.....dot ball :12:

Ali goes, beaten consecutively by the slow balls, finally managing to scoop one out.

england should rename there team to asian-safies team ;)

281 for 8

4 balls to goo
sajid mahmood

i wont like to mess around with sajid mehmood :D reminds me of ambrose this lad...:p

288 for 8

2 balls to go

outtttttttttttttttttttttttttt
plunket goessssssss :D

badrinat picks up his 5fer...well done indeed! congrats :|

1 ball remaining lets see what sajid can do ;)

5fer for Sreesanth. did well in patches IMO. bowls the 4-ball every over.

outtttttttttttttttttt
goesssssss sajid

6 wickets to badrinat ...well done son :14: :14

england finish on 288 ..not a bad target to set...;)

Kabehumbtha Jawan said:
Whould it be easy chasing 290 on this pitch?
pitch is brilliant, 320 is chaseble but remember some big names are missing ;)

so my money,s on england!

well done sreesanth! 6 f 55 .

Eng bowling attack is no great shakes, the pitch is good, so it is possible to chase it down IMO. Let us see how the likes of Uthappa does it. I will give it 50-50 right now.

Seriously Cav the odd, 4 or out wouldnt go amiss. Very good total by us. With a depleted Indian batting line up we should win this one. Disappointed for Pietersen again for not making a 100. He really is having trouble in 60s and 70s.

cavin420 said:
colly is to england what beaven was to austrailia
:))) :))) How dare you compare Michael Bevan to Paul Collingwood. Bevan is an ODI genius. The way he was inventive with his shots and never failed was so impressive. An average of 55 in 200 odd ODIs says it all. Collingwood should not be mentioned in the same breath.

im disapointed too as far as KP goes, but he has some fitness issues, that he needs to sort out...was having some problems with his left knee (Which is vital if your batting) ...he needs to get his fitness level raised...perhaps like colly/freedie ...but saying that conditions were really testing as well....

i have no doubt , that the games in the bag :19:

Rob H said:
:))) :))) How dare you compare Michael Bevan to Paul Collingwood. Bevan is an ODI genius. The way he was inventive with his shots and never failed was so impressive. An average of 55 in 200 odd ODIs says it all. Collingwood should not be mentioned in the same breath.
obviously i didnt say/mean that in terms of stats.......beaven was a finisher/innings builder..

obviously colly isnt quite the finisher yet but builder of an innings yes indeed!

i know not in the same class, but i said hes to england what beaven was to austrailia! never compared the 2...(no disrespect to beaven , he was the best and you often have to compare some ok players with the best ;)

Compare Michael Hussey with him but don't go out of your way to compare him to someone who is nothing like him. Collingwood reminds me more of Clarke or a Yuvraj (not as good though). These sort of players have to pick up the pieces after the top order failure or have to guide the team through the middle overs. Bevan (not Beavan, check cricinfo) is more of a guy who has little time to build an innings (coming in at 6 or 7) and pinch hits his way to the 50 over mark. He has lots of Nos which is why his average is so high.

name beven reminds me of beavis n butthead ;) ala beaven (im sure he wont mind me calling him that ;)

you fail to understand my comparison, so ill let it rest in peace!

btw, like i said before, if a player is doing well, he is often compared to the best in the business, Ala irfan pathan is compared to wasim akram , Kevin pieterson is compared to viv richards , although they are nothing like the legends , same is the case with colly in comparison with beaven...

and as the above post you fail too understand the point, for which ill let it RIP :)

and for those who never saw micheal beaven bat, he was not your come in straight bang bang batter, he was a nudger/deflecter just like colly is, never used to come in and was at it from ball 1, he used to build up his innings, yuvraj is an elegent batsman and can hit bounderies at will, clarke can do the same,

micheal beaven was the best /fastest when it came down to running between the wickets, no wonder in his innings he had a high no of 1,s and 2,s .....and i know that since i dont follow cricinfo , i have seen the real thing ;-)

oo i missed 9 balls :12:

india 10 for 0

robin thurapa is making his debut lets see what hes got!

sajid mehmood bowls in the high 80,s mph not bad.....

anderson needs to pick up a few wickets early on..

dravid is opening with the debutant!

Superb shot from Dravid down to 3rd man, 34/0. Wicket needed now.

Kabehumbtha Jawan said:
England is dearly missing Jones he could have been Davastating in India.

Dont worry, he will be back for Pakistans tour of England ....

Uthappa has his 50 on debut and if he starts smacking it England are in real trouble, everything I've read about him suggests he can really hit the ball.

Back