ICC World Cup 2023: India (229/9) remain unbeaten as they win against England (129) by 100 runs

I am pretty sure average speed of Willey is less than 120. Those knid of balls were hard to play here. Even Woakes bowled most of his deliveries at 115 kph.

Unless Jazz-boom can take early wickets, Kuldeep spins them big and gets a lot of wickets, we field like absolute cut snakes on fire, this matchis gone ...

Nasser: Pitch helping England to impress
Former England captain Nasser Hussain, speaking to Sky Sports:

"I was quite happy England were playing India on there because on a flat pitch that just spins a bit, I think India are a very difficult side.

"I think the fact the pitch is a bit tired brings England into it and has done."

Faster you bowl faster it travels. So that is a disadvantage for India.
I hope Siraj understands this because most of the time he bowls without a second thought on what he's doing. Bumrah is a clever bowler, he'll know. Shami too reads the pitch quite easily. From the team selection, it was very evident that they misread the pitch (which required another spinner) and from the way they batted upfront it just proved the point.

At least 40 short of a score that I would have liked them to have. But, the pitch appears to be a two paced one with a spongy bounce (somewhat similar to yesterday’s Eden gardens). Expecting our bowlers to come good (or at least put up a decent fight), still.

Worried about not having an extra bowler, though. Should be a good contest, nevertheless.

Malan - saffer export
Ben Stokes- kiwi
Rashid - Pakistani
Moeen - Pakistani
Archer if he played - carribean
Curran if he played - Zimbabwe

Lol imported UK.

Nasser: Pitch helping England to impress
Former England captain Nasser Hussain, speaking to Sky Sports:

"I was quite happy England were playing India on there because on a flat pitch that just spins a bit, I think India are a very difficult side.

"I think the fact the pitch is a bit tired brings England into it and has done."
Interesting take from Nasser that. It definitely brings England's bowling into it. But batting? Not sure.

Sure, with dew the pitch gets easy. But if dew doesn't arrive, it should get even more difficult right? It's an already worn out pitch which has spungy bounce too.

Kya game on?
Game finished hain.

230 /1 or 2 loss loading.

Needed 270 280 here.
Unless bumrah magic.
Bhai its a two-paced wicket. Stroke playing won't be easy here.
Match still in England's favor 👍🏻 but i have confidence on this bowling attack.
Only Root can challenge India.

Tbf

I don't like how pitch might get better under lights because that's unfair to the other team. Both aren't batting in the same condition. This is where cricket is lacking. 2 teams often seldom bat in similar conditions.
Thats because once dew settles in pitch becomes easier. They use spray in the outfield to mitigate the dew factor as much as possible. Not sure if they spray the pitch. Unless we get technologically advanced to play in indoor stadiums we have to live with factors like dew, rain etc. Its unfair for 1 side but tahts the way it is. Sometimes the rub of the green goes our way and at times it doesn't.

Thats because once dew settles in pitch becomes easier. They use spray in the outfield to mitigate the dew factor as much as possible. Not sure if they spray the pitch. Unless we get technologically advanced to play in indoor stadiums we have to live with factors like dew, rain etc. Its unfair for 1 side but tahts the way it is. Sometimes the rub of the green goes our way and at times it doesn't.
That's the beauty of cricket and why toss could play a key role. Need skills to navigate uncertainties. It's a test of skills for Indian bowlers tonight

Malan - saffer export
Ben Stokes- kiwi
Rashid - Pakistani
Moeen - Pakistani

Lol imported UK.
Well that way NZ too is not too behind

Glen Phillips & Conway - SA
Rachin and Sodhi - India

Malan - saffer export
Ben Stokes- kiwi
Rashid - Pakistani
Moeen - Pakistani

Lol imported UK.

Western countries are now all diversified. This should get more and more common.

Where is axar and sundar?
Yea 8 and 9 cannot be duds.
Axar injured. Sundar vs Ashwin India went with Ashwin which is correct he can bowl better here. He has owned all the SENA countries in Tests. That scar is there. So they went with him

This whole dew crap is rubbish. We need some tech to counter it.

I can excuse the 1st 3 wickets as they got out before they were settled. But just not able to digest the shots of KL and Rohit. Both were well settled and had to go at run a ball for another 10 overs and then go all out in last 10. This would have ensured a total around 26-270 which on this pitch would have been above par. Now the bolwers will need to bowl their heart out on a pitch thats easing out. Pick 2 quick wickets and the pressure will be on the batsmen especially when there is more pressure on them to perform.

Great effort from England to bundle out India for under 230. They should win this from here.
Too little too late for England in this tournament.

Wide one to finish the over, possibly checking for movement as he's getting it both ways.

Maybe a shellacking. India don't seem weak minded where they might start losing after a game. Soo I expect them to bounce back and beat SA

The shot malan played right now is not on one which is 2 paced anymore. As Harsha has tweeted, seems the dew has well and truly settled in. Obviously wayward bowling from Siraj who rarely uses his brain helps the cause too. He needs to tighten up. Been saying from the start, Ashwin should've been selected on this surface.

If siraj cant bowl on a pitch that has some purchase then maybe india should get prasidh in.

Winning and losing is part and parcel of the beautiful sport.
But here I hope England doesn't win this with 10 or 9 wickets.
That will really shatter the confidence of this bowling line up.

Bumrah not being ranked no.1 highlights the flaw in the rankings. This guy is a beast.

Have to say sirajs career in odi is over lol. This is pathetic. He was very good prior to WC but bowling like this is very poor.

Indian crowd needs to learn to appreciate both teams they can root for their team to win
but they should cheer atleast it kills the energy from the game when they get silent on boundaries
look at South african australian england crowds do they behave like that

If siraj cant bowl on a pitch that has some purchase then maybe india should get prasidh in.
Siraj has already had a poor world Cup. Additionally he hardly uses his brain. Add to that he's a dud with the bat. Atm he's giving away the same runs as Thakur.

Once pandya returns, I hope they go with Shami, Bumrah, pandya, Jadeja, Ashwin and Kuldeep.

Siraj and Iyer need to be shown the door.

ICC ranking is flawed though.

ICC ranking shows PNG's Assad Vala is a better all-rounder than Maxwell, Santner, and Hardik Pandya.

They need a better system for rankings. It is a farce currently.
Because rankings is based of points.

If you beat higher teams and score against them more points for you, and take wickets etc.

The issue Is It doesn't account for c and d teams and doesn't account for matches missed.

Babar is no 1 and kohli is no 5 because kohli missed 18 odi's from 2019 to 2023 and Babar missed 0. So kohli didn't gain any points from that period.

Bumrah has been out since 2021 and only just returned so zero points for him.

It's a flawed system beyond belief.

Prasidh is better. More bounce and hits good lengths. I like siraj but in this WC he has been India's worst bowler.
Prasidh is a junk bowler. Miya Bhai smoked SL and gave India the Asia cup not too long ago. He also picks wickets when needed. Needs to take care of SR a bit though

Lol siraj is trying to duck from bowling cause he is getting thrashed ?

Indian crowd needs to learn to appreciate both teams they can root for their team to win
but they should cheer atleast it kills the energy from the game when they get silent on boundaries
look at South african australian england crowds do they behave like that
You must see how English crowds are for football games. They aren't as passionate about cricket. Crowd behaviour depends on fan passion for the sport

Prasidh is a junk bowler. Miya Bhai smoked SL and gave India the Asia cup not too long ago. He also picks wickets when needed. Needs to take care of SR a bit though
Siraj has been given enough opportunities this wc. Shami would've created much more damage than him anyway.

Problem with Siraj is he never seems to to learn from his mistakes. He does the same mistakes again and again. That's not good.

Because rankings is based of points.

If you beat higher teams and score against them more points for you, and take wickets etc.

The issue Is It doesn't account for c and d teams and doesn't account for matches missed.

Babar is no 1 and kohli is no 5 because kohli missed 18 odi's from 2019 to 2023 and Babar missed 0. So kohli didn't gain any points from that period.

Bumrah has been out since 2021 and only just returned so zero points for him.

It's a flawed system beyond belief.

Yes.

I think ICC needs to scrap current ranking system. Need to come up with a better system.

Ranking system needs to be both objective and subjective. Cricket is not just about data.

Siraj needs to have a chat with one of the coaches. Averaged 43 in this world cup so far. Not finding form.

The way England are playing, I wouldn't be surprised if they win by 10 wickets.

230/0?

Back