ICC World Cup 2023: India (229/9) remain unbeaten as they win against England (129) by 100 runs

England should play smartly... Calm down their nerves... And should target the right bowlers and right spells carefully as I said before...

Siraj has already had a poor world Cup. Additionally he hardly uses his brain. Add to that he's a dud with the bat. Atm he's giving away the same runs as Thakur.

Once pandya returns, I hope they go with Shami, Bumrah, pandya, Jadeja, Ashwin and Kuldeep.

Siraj and Iyer need to be shown the door.
Trust me prasidh would do well Here.

Very quick to dismiss the lack of an edge, there was some minor spiking on the ultra-edge that warranted another look.

Athers assessment is very good. Agreed.

Root at number 3 is not going to work - he is too vulnerable at the start of the innings and I feel he is caught in between attack & defenceat three. Should move to 4, but probably he’ll retire after this WC from ODI

Very quick to dismiss the lack of an edge, there was some minor spiking on the ultra-edge that warranted another look.
lol Atherton immediately dismissed. That is spike making noise with ground. Ball was nowhwere close to bat

England making the same mistake. Going too hard too early. Take your time bhai did in fight it out

All 3 are hitting 140 k. English trundlers were bowling at 120 kph used the slowness. Now slowness is gone INdia is bowling at full tilt

Noticed rohit swears alot. Is this some local slang he always dishes out lol?

Root at number 3 is not going to work - he is too vulnerable at the start of the innings and I feel he is caught in between attack & defenceat three. Should move to 4, but probably he’ll retire after this WC from ODI
Move to 4 where he averages 41 at 80 SR but not bat at 3 where he averages 50 at 90 SR. Ok. Makes perfect sense.

England needs to dig in and quieten the crowd. The crowd is a real force behind India.

The trick that every other pacers should learn from Indian pacers in this WC is the length to bowl in India.

I see the common belief that Indian wickets are slow & low, and batsmen will be driving on front foot if the ball is pitched up - every other pacers I have seen are slightly short of length here trying to restrict batsmen from charging down….. but, in that effort, they are minimising the swing of the ball & not maximising whatever seem available with new ball off the surface.

Indian pacers are bowling the perfect wicket taking length.

Hey man this bumrah is human or? From another planet.

Siraj despite a stellar record not sure why he has been so poor in the WC.

Pandya has been better. Averaged under 30 here so far i am quite sure.

The trick that every other pacers should learn from Indian pacers in this WC is the length to bowl in India.

I see the common belief that Indian wickets are slow & low, and batsmen will be driving on front foot if the ball is pitched up - every other pacers I have seen are slightly short of length here trying to restrict batsmen from charging down….. but, in that effort, they are minimising the swing of the ball & not maximising whatever seem available with new ball off the surface.

Or they are just very good bowlers. Its not just knowing what lengths lol. Very hard to hit specific lengths.

Is it too much to ask of icc pitch doctoring champions to produce a pitch which is fair to both batsman/bowlers!!

Bumrah just gives you no bad deliveries

Never really seen any batsman get the better of him

Indian pacers obviously know their conditions the best except Siraj. Shami will pitch it up and around the 4th stump

Champion bowler is Bumrah. Takes crucial wickets at all time and not just cheap wickets in the last 4 overs of the game.

137 to 142 bumrah
Shami 136- 142 shami
Siraj despite being poor is 137- 142.

Pace pace pace

England sometimes plays completely like Pakistan: without any brain.

230 would be a cakewalk if you preserve wickets. Ball isn't going to swing forever. Bumrah and Shami aren't going to bowl forever. Just tough it out for 10 overs and runs will come. But England has this arrogance of domination. Maybe stems from their colonial imperialism.

Shami should play ahead of Siraj... Shouldn't be carried away with Siraj's dream spells (Stuart Binnyish) at times... Shami has the better skills & experience...

Move to 4 where he averages 41 at 80 SR but not bat at 3 where he averages 50 at 90 SR. Ok. Makes perfect sense.
Stats always doesn’t tell what you can see - and just going bun average/SR will be even more misleading.

What I see here is that being the corner stone of this lineup with several explosive batsmen, he is a bit confused with his role, particularly when he is coming inside PP - at 4, he will be assured about his role.

Do a proper analysis on his stats, along with subjective inputs, this should come out as well. Data doesn’t lie, but if it’s used properly - these days ODI data isn’t reliable for many factors.

230 would be a cakewalk if you preserve wickets. Ball isn't going to swing forever. Bumrah and Shami aren't going to bowl forever. Just tough it out for 10 overs and runs will come. But England has this arrogance of domination. Maybe stems from their colonial imperialism.
Precisely. There is absolutely no scoreboard pressure by modern standards.

They're either stubborn to impose their Bazball style on the game (stupidly, having seen how India struggled to get going) or are batting mindlessly.

Bro no need to mention. Colonialism now. They play that way because they have poor technique man.

Back