ICC World Cup 2023: India (229/9) remain unbeaten as they win against England (129) by 100 runs

Wood not the shout. The batters are looking for pace on. You can have 5 on the rope, take the pace off.

Big wicket at this stage. Needed to go straight but tried to play square too much at times

No 50 for surya 👍🏻
But he should be carry in next playing xi instead of Iyer.
Great innings though 🔥

Selfless innings .he was 49 but still going for boundary. World no 1 batsman can learn few things

Pace off works. Using Wood is stupidity - even Bumrah salivating.

I was trying to tell you. He was struggling horribly out there. He was lucky to make any runs at all. He didn’t pick the ball well his whole innings.
Mr expert this is not a pitch where Any player can play big shots easily. He was going 100+ strikes rate .

Selfless innings .he was 49 but still going for boundary. World no 1 batsman can learn few things
That’s horrible game awareness. He’s so selfless that he has exposed Kuldepe Yadav to the bowling instead of batting out 2 overs. Truth is he was not in control at all the whole innings. Lucked and hacked his way to 49.

Truly selfless. 🫡

That’s a poor from from SKY. He needs to think better in ODI’s, Theres plenty deliveries left, play out the overs.

Tbf England have full trundler attack minus wood. Maybe indian tail can qag a bit.

Poor by sky. What happened there?

He looked good.

That’s a poor from from SKY. He needs to think better in ODI’s, Theres plenty deliveries left, play out the overs.
Probably played for milestone. Classic great design mindest crept in.

Tbf England have full trundler attack minus wood. Maybe indian tail can qag a bit.

Poor by sky. What happened there?

He looked good.

3 overs to go. Wood has 2 overs left. So, only 1 trundler over is available for Indian tail.

Lol my daughter has more power than loldeep.

Cmon son. Touch the ball haha.

Probably played for milestone. Classic great design mindest crept in.
Yeah had to try to hit the 50 with a boundary and look “innovative” rather than grinding out last 4 overs with the tail. One is sexy and gets credit the other would be played for “tuk-tuking”

Saw some zip on that last ball from Woakes... wicket quickening up?

Lol my daughter has more power than loldeep.

Cmon son. Touch the ball haha.
The thing about Kuldeep is he will probably take a beautiful 6 wickets on this pitch 😂 I’ll hate on the players who deserve it, but man I think Kuldeep is a class bowler

Good fielding saving the boundaries by England, but quite poor catching.

Feel like England just haven’t been able to get all the parts of their game going at the same time this whole tournament.

Yeah had to try to hit the 50 with a boundary and look “innovative” rather than grinding out last 4 overs with the tail. One is sexy and gets credit the other would be played for “tuk-tuking”
Hahaa. If india were 'smart' they would drop these guys despite his 50. Sky is somewhat tolerable. But this iyer and this other guy is absolutely useless. Rahul has kind of Improved. Will give him that.

I think England should send in Wood at #3 for pinch hitting (to protect other Bazballers).

Teams no longer use pinch hitters. It used to be a thing.

Hahaa. If india were 'smart' they would drop these guys despite his 50. Sky is somewhat tolerable. But this iyer and this other guy is absolutely useless. Rahul has kind of Improved. Will give him that.
Yeah fair play to Rahul. Since he’s returned he’s been an important part of the lineup. I suppose I just don’t understand why India persist with some of these guys when you have Ishan Kishan waiting on the sidelines.

England will either chase this in under 30 overs, or get out for 70 runs. I have no clue which one it will be.

The thing about Kuldeep is he will probably take a beautiful 6 wickets on this pitch 😂 I’ll hate on the players who deserve it, but man I think Kuldeep is a class bowler
Maybe. Sluggish pitch but what of there is dew? Loldeep will get blasted again haha

Yeah fair play to Rahul. Since he’s returned he’s been an important part of the lineup. I suppose I just don’t understand why India persist with some of these guys when you have Ishan Kishan waiting on the sidelines.
Exactly. Ishan sundar and jaiswal especially. Would be lethal.

Seems like pace won't work here. Spin might. And low pace works. You really have to use power to hit the ball.
England hacks could use their hacking ability to smash big 6s maybe? But they would need pace on the ball for it.
.I think bumrah and siraj and shami will use low pace and try slow cutters. Will.be interesting to see.

Hahahaha
Why people stand in the boundary for this midget loldeep @160KPH
Hahah
He csnt hit that far lol.

May be JB will open today - 230ish score, he should take it as T20 and maximise PP, if he stays the 10 overs, game over.

This pitch looks like day 3 indian test pitch looooooooooool

When tailenders can put up runs here, it's evident that the pitch might have eased out now.

Good. Played 50 overs. I reckon they are 20 short. Onto bowling now

Hahah. 100% Comedy hain. Legit my 2 daughters have more power than this loldeep. Hahgagaholy crap.

Big challenge for the Indian bowlers. The pitch is going to get better under lights. This is a blessing in disguise. They get an opportunity to defend a modest total. Result wouldn't affect our SF fortunes so good scenario to apply themselves against the tide.

This is about what I expected from 40-3. Thought they'd come from higher up the line-up (Shreyas, Rahul, Jadeja) but they got there with contributions from the tail.

England should be happy with that, they bowled and fielded well and were assisted by some loose Indian wickets.

England are well placed to win, provided they don't do what India did i.e forcing the pace / blind hitting / Bazball.

Tbf unnecessary wicket loss for kohli, iyer toh useless hain so forget him. Sky also unnecessary. Milestone player. That's what you get.

Rahul unnecessary again. Pressure.

When tailenders can put up runs here, it's evident that the pitch might have eased out now.
they were just sticking around trying to play out the overs really
pitch is still tricky, even chasing this total won't be easy

Tbf
Big challenge for the Indian bowlers. The pitch is going to get better under lights. This is a blessing in disguise. They get an opportunity to defend a modest total. Result wouldn't affect our SF fortunes so good scenario to apply themselves against the tide.
I don't like how pitch might get better under lights because that's unfair to the other team. Both aren't batting in the same condition. This is where cricket is lacking. 2 teams often seldom bat in similar conditions.

I'd say 65-35 in England's favor at this point. Decision on Iyer is a must after this game.

If there is no dew it will be tight. Still think England has enough resources (batting till 11) to pull this chase off.

India set England a target of 230 in Lucknow. Rohit Sharma top-scored with 87, Suryakumar Yadav made 49.IMG-20231029-WA0039.jpgIMG-20231029-WA0040.jpg

If there is no dew it will be tight. Still think England has enough resources (batting till 11) to pull this chase off.
Don't think this will be tight game .easy win coming for them .270 is good total here but not 229 .

Kishan needs to play in place of Iyer. He is a better pressure player than Iyer and also brings variety to the lineup being a lefty.

Back