ICC World Cup 2023: India v Australia | Match 5 | Chennai | 08 October | Australia innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
England defended 171 on this ground in 2011 WC against SA where Broad and Anderson were outstanding with the ball and Swann also very economical so Hazlewood could be unplayable here. Aus should target 200.

Umeed pe duniya kayam hai dost

:yk

• Haha
Reactions: IAJ
England defended 171 on this ground in 2011 WC against SA where Broad and Anderson were outstanding with the ball and Swann also very economical so Hazlewood could be unplayable here. Aus should target 200.

India should just give up then.

8 wicket partnership were 20 now 9th wicket so far they added 20 runs . these are very important run on this pitch

But what I have learned over the year;

If Pakistani batsmen score easy runs, you know pitch is flat and the opposition will destroy them and if Australia struggle with bat the wicket is tough and they will give tough time to the opposition as well. Dekhte hain kya banta hai

India should just give up then.
Relax, this boy is in for a rude awakening 😂😂, it's the same with NZ.

Everyone was first saying England will make 400, then they said they made 280 because pitch was bad, then NZ gave everyone a reality check lol, and after I had already voted NZ and told everyone that NZ was going to win because England performed poorly against bangaldesh in the warmups, Rather then admitting they were wrong,

They said, Pitch was easy for NZ but hard for England 😂😂😂, they have no respect for quality bowling and batting lol.

If Aussies can reach 200 here, they’ll fight it out to make a match of it.

But what I have learned over the year;

If Pakistani batsmen score easy runs, you know pitch is flat and the opposition will destroy them and if Australia struggle with bat the wicket is tough and they will give tough time to the opposition as well. Dekhte hain kya banta hai
This is Colonial mentality. Gora people are always right.

Good hand by Zampa here. At least he is hanging in here. Our tail would have been all our by now.

Relax, this boy is in for a rude awakening 😂😂, it's the same with NZ.

Everyone was first saying England will make 400, then they said they made 280 because pitch was bad, then NZ gave everyone a reality check lol, and after I had already voted NZ and told everyone that NZ was going to win because England performed poorly against bangaldesh in the warmups, Rather then admitting they were wrong,

They said, Pitch was easy for NZ but hard for England 😂😂😂, they have no respect for quality bowling and batting lol.
Lol calm down newbie. Before you comment about others not praising quality bowling or batting read their 30 000+ posts. I have praised India's bowling since 2008 here where posters attacked me for doing this.

Gone... I would love a bowled out Aus. Just feels like a dream come True to a 90s kid.

Is there no penalty for slow over rate?

Normally one innings 3.5 hours isn't it?

I will be surprised if India has that. 3 spinners. Jaddu bowls very quick. So is Ashwin. Bumrah very short run up.

This innings is now close to 4 hours...started at 9.30am UK time and its 1.30 PM now

Credit to Australia for making 200 here against a very tough set of bowlers. This will keep them in good stead in the coming matches wrt batting. Butbowling yet to see.

You think players that survived against WW, Ambi/Walsh/Bish; Mac/Gillespie/Lee, Donald/Pollock/Fannie……. even Srinath/Prashad (the two most underrated cricketers of Indian team) would struggled against this pace bowling?

It’s about batting planning- looking at the track, first thing they would have done is to set a target, then asked two batsmen (Azhar/Dravid, Inzi/Malik (Salim), Mahanama/Tilakratne) to play a very selfish, tuk tuk innings of 71 (123), another 2/3 to play normal “milking” batting to take it to 180/3 after 40….. last 10 overs with 2 set batsmen & 7 wickets at hand.
Bowlers are better these days tbh. The rules are much different. I am not saying Ambrose is inferior to bumrah etc. He isn't. But with the current odi rule set which clearly seems to favour batsmen, in my opinion bowling attacks of current era are much better overall compared to 90s and pre 90s ers.
Obviously great bowlers like wasim Ambrose would be great in any era but remember they played in a completely different era. They would go for runs too in this current mode of the odi format.

Look at even the great wasim' record against top 4 sides in odi. It's nearing 28 29 in a more bowling friendly era.

Rohit is getting too animated...he needs to chill and let the bowler bowl.

Starc Goneee...

Aust All out for 199

Target for India 200

Cakewalk??

:kp

Lol calm down newbie. Before you comment about others not praising quality bowling or batting read their 30 000+ posts. I have praised India's bowling since 2008 here where posters attacked me for doing this.

You are still in for a rude awakening my dude 😪. People also called me a newbie for the NZ vs Eng game and then vanished after NZ showcased how the job is done 😂😂.

India isn't gonna struggle. They'll win by 7 to 9 wickets comfortably.

Mitchell Starc 28(35) ct Shreyas Iyer b Mohammed Siraj, Australia 199 all out

Decent score considering the conditions. Will not be an easy chase but India should make it

Australia bowled out by India in a world cup match under 200.

Man, just felt too good while I was writing that.

Should have restricted them for 30 runs less. 65-35 in India's favor. Couple of wickets inside powerplay, then it becomes 50-50

Under lights seamers will get help as well. So Chennai pitch is always challenging whether you bat first or bat second.

Funnily i have more confidence in Iyer and KL in tackling Zampa & Co than Rohit and Kohli.

The tenacity of these bleddy Aussies. No matter how many silver bullets you blow into that monster side of theirs, they simply keep coming back for more and more.

England would have 100 % been bowled out for 165 at least after 140/7 on this pitch while trying to slog sixes .

But even Aussie tailenders will hang around like rashes and shepherd the score to a defendable level.

Annoying , irritating team to play against. Like trying to swat a fly that just evades by the barest of margins. NZ, their cousins, are even more irritating and stubborn .

Bowlers are better these days tbh. The rules are much different. I am not saying Ambrose is inferior to bumrah etc. He isn't. But with the current odi rule set which clearly seems to favour batsmen, in my opinion bowling attacks of current era are much better overall compared to 90s and pre 90s ers.
Obviously great bowlers like wasim Ambrose would be great in any era but remember they played in a completely different era. They would go for runs too in this current mode of the odi format.

Look at even the great wasim' record against top 4 sides in odi. It's nearing 28 29 in a more bowling friendly era.
Current bowlers bowl to batsmen with much, much, …. much inferior batting techniques, hence its easier to get wickets.

Only thing that’s they are suffering is Economy, other wise Strike Rate is better because in 50 overs 7/8 wickets are falling.

For someone like Wasim or Ambi with economy of around 3.5 (take out 5-6 wide/No per game, that economy was 3.4) - that would have suffered to may be 4.5 to 5 level, but they would gave run through batting lineup with very little defensive technique. Their Strike Rste could have been below 20!!!

On contrary, even on helpful conditions… put current bowlers to defend 220 on a decent wicket, they might keep it till 48-49th over, but won’t take more than 2-3 wickets against batsmen with FAAAR superior batting techniques.

Just for a comparison- I do believe Babar is arguably the best all round batsman in recent times, and Gill among U25s ….. have you seen their spin play? Have you seen their off side game when ball is moving slightly????

Gordon Grineedge had a Strike Rste of 60, Gooch 61 - I belive most modern players will beat that batting 35 years back ….. but for an innings of 23 of 29, or may be 35 of 38.

I can’t prove though….

Very stupid batting strategy/tactics by Aussies today, wasn't expecting this from such a professional side. From 110/2 in 27 overs, they should have got 250-260 which would have been matchwinning. Carey and Green are below mediocre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back