ICC World Cup 2023: India v Australia | Match 5 | Chennai | 08 October | Australia innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they can play full over them they will easily score 70 runs which means 225-30 they can get. It's a Very competative score on this deck.

I believe I wrote it just yesterday - if somehow ICC reverts back to 1990s playing conditions…. even with current playing rules, which is stacked up to batting (read slogging), for first 2-3 years, most of the current teams will struggle to play out 40 overs batting first. And if they are to face 20 overs of Warne, Saq, Mushi, Murali or Kumble on this track, 35 will be challenging.

We can see ball is turning here, but is this unplayable? Remember, spinners are bowling with two balls, two machine stitched kookaburras with very little upright seem.

Not a pancake, but I believe against same Indian attack, IND, SRL or PAK of 1990s, batting first would have crossed 250 here.
I am not too sure. 90s team would struggle vs bumrah and siraj. India had a weak bowling attack in 90s. Now it's very strong.

Stoinis injury came at wrong time for Aus. His cutters would have been perfect for this surface and he is more experienced than Green with bat

"To see Kuleeps evolution as a spinner and step up in this WC match has been great to watch" Shane Watson
Meanwhile, Shadab has deteriorated :(

1696765502468.png

The problem with the part timers for Australia is that they are absolute trash leggies

Full tosses and half tracker trash. You just need someone who can tweak his arm a bit and just land the ball on the right length. Maxwell will be fine but all their other batsmen are horrendous part time spinners

Pakistan vs Afghanistan on this ground can be pencilled in as a loss for Pakistan. No way they will handle the Afghan spinners.

Senseless batting continues, harakiri mode in full flow today.

Pakistan vs Afghanistan on this ground can be pencilled in as a loss for Pakistan. No way they will handle the Afghan spinners.
Team just needs to see off Rashid, plus Afghanistan has to survive 25-30 overs of quality spin as well?!

Jasprit Bumrah dismisses Pat Cummins (15, 24b). Australia 165/8 in 42.2 overs against India in an ODI World Cup match

Don't worry. Your unbeaten record in Chennai will remain intact after the Afghanistan game. The game against South Africa will be much tougher because of their quality and form.

Just because pitch is dry you can't land wherever you want and get away. You still have to land consistently. Mujeeb will be a threat here for sure.

Australia dearly missing Marcus Stoinis and Travis Head

Pitches should be even for bat and bowl, not too spin friendly not too flat.

Absolute disgrace of a wicket for a world cup game and we to play afganistan and bangladesh on here i mean that is just stupendous.
You play Bangladesh in Eden Gardens, Kolkata.

You play South Africa in Chennai.

Absolute disgrace of a wicket for a world cup game and we to play afganistan and bangladesh on here i mean that is just stupendous.
This is why India shouldn’t host any ICC events.

They can’t be bothered to organise anything properly and cheat shamelessly if they do.

If there was a pitch doctoring WC then India would be the greatest team in history.

Everybody has a chance to play at Chennai. INdia plays only once here. Let us see how other matches go.

This is why India shouldn’t host any ICC events.

They can’t be bothered to organise anything properly and cheat shamelessly if they do.

If there was a pitch doctoring WC then India would be the greatest team in history.
Already! Maybe wait till India wins the game before the crying starts.

Australia will score more than 300 and then India will be bowled out for around 220. This is the beginning of a horrific tournament for host side, mark my words. Their good performances at the end of the Asia Cup his the glaring weaknesses this side has.
Looks like its a horrific start to your astrology career aspirations. Aus are 171 for 8 as i type

If the pitch is flat, peopld are not happy. If it spins, people are unhappy. Ergo, Nietzche was correct, life is suffering and people are just unhappy.
Quoted for truth . We had one 300+ pitch and they were constantly whinging about flat pitches and now bemoaning the fact that this pitch aids spin when Australia haven't even lost yet .

Basically, the only good pitch is where their favourite team manages to win . :)

As usual crying is start from certain fans. I'm not surprised at all
Everyone blames the pitch rather then actually acknowledging that India was world class today, both in fielding and siraj and bumrah hardly bowled any bad lines.

Pandya and kuldeep were also impossible to play, Kudleep spins so much but has no pace meaning batsmen can't use his pace to maneuver him like they could with jadeja.

Only jadeja and aswin are bowlers you can go after and even they bowl tight lines.

India bowled really well, but ofcourse blame it on the pitch. 😂😂

Why people in forum are surprised that ball is spinning in Indian pitches. Isn't it expected even before start of WC?

Had we been in Australia's position, this pitch would have been alright

Essentially the rule is

If India wins - the opponent were bad or the pitch was bad.

If India loses - Wow, the opponent humiliated India.

Standard response each time India plays out of their skins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything was alright with the pitch when Warner and Smith had that partnership

Why people in forum are surprised that ball is spinning in Indian pitches. Isn't it expected even before start of WC?

Especially at Chennai :) We have been calling out from the get go. Crying foul on the day of the match make one thing of sour grapes

They have problem for every type of pitch .btw they are not crying about pitch rather than India playing good cricket.

This is not a rocket science that Chennai pitch is suitable for spinners . avarage first innings scores is 225 and in 2nd innings avarage goes down to 208 .
i didn't criticize anyone in my OP.
And it's reality this pitch suits india more than aus. In WC pitches need to be neutralized in a way that every department will have chance.

Australia should target around 200. Chasing here won't be easy especially since Gill is not playing.
India's strong suite in this world cup will be bowling and fielding and teams will struggle chasing against them especially on slower pitches.
I believe where India could lose is their batting strengths down the order. It would be interesting to see how India chases today.

Typical Indian fan response, i didn't criticize anyone in my OP.
And it's reality this pitch suits india more than aus. In WC pitches need to be neutralized in a way that every department will have chance.

You can call that if India plays every one of thier match here.

Ball is now coming better under lights...six from Starc

Typical Indian fan response, i didn't criticize anyone in my OP.
Yeah, ofcourse it suits India. This phenomenon isso common that it even has a name - Home advantage.

Now Starc hita a six off Bumrah, pitch must be alright now

Then India would have been sh** team.

Essentially the rule is

If India wins - the opponent were bad or the pitch was bad.

If India loses - Wow, the opponent humiliated India.

Standard response each time India plays out of their skins.
This isn't even India playing out of their skins lol, This is how they usually play when they are at full strength lol, They haven't been at full strength until now due to bumrah, Siraj being injured, Kuldeep was gone for a while as well, They were also struggling with finding fresh blood to replace Rahul and dhawan at opening.

Now they've sorted everything out, and are back to being class again. This is the standard that India plays at lol.

Also pretty clear that Australia's batting is their glaring weakness. However, they will do well on flat tracks especially Bengaluru. Bowling is their strength and I am pretty sure Australia is going to make a match out of this as well.

England defended 171 on this ground in 2011 WC against SA where Broad and Anderson were outstanding with the ball and Swann also very economical so Hazlewood could be unplayable here. Aus should target 200.

I am not too sure. 90s team would struggle vs bumrah and siraj. India had a weak bowling attack in 90s. Now it's very strong.
You think players that survived against WW, Ambi/Walsh/Bish; Mac/Gillespie/Lee, Donald/Pollock/Fannie……. even Srinath/Prashad (the two most underrated cricketers of Indian team) would struggled against this pace bowling?

It’s about batting planning- looking at the track, first thing they would have done is to set a target, then asked two batsmen (Azhar/Dravid, Inzi/Malik (Salim), Mahanama/Tilakratne) to play a very selfish, tuk tuk innings of 71 (123), another 2/3 to play normal “milking” batting to take it to 180/3 after 40….. last 10 overs with 2 set batsmen & 7 wickets at hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back