ICC World Cup 2023 | Pakistan v Australia | 10th Warm-up | Hyderabad | 03 October | Australia innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
AUS: 210/5CRR: 5.83
END OF OVER 36

Cameron Green5 (9b)
Glenn Maxwell42 (51b 1x4 3x6)

how poor is this shadabs bowling why cant you bowl atleast 4 balls in teh same area

I have tried to defend Shadab in the past but now you start to see how poor he really is..

Shadab is no Brearly that he should play without being a performer as a captain of Pakistan.

Lol to those who are claiming Shadab's a better captain than Babar.

Both are equally terrible. Shadab led us to a series lose vs Afghanistan with a team which was much better than are usual XI all due to the fact that he couldn't stomach Imad performing and would under bowl him plus having Azam bat out of position. Furthermore he has been captaining Islamabad since 2019 and in those 4 years he is yet to take his team to a final.

Perhaps the bonus of this Shadab spell is that he may be out of the main 11. One can only hope lol

Why is Shadab under bowling Usama. Only 5 overs for him compared to Nawaz's 6 and his 7. Looks like the "great" captain's feeling the heat

Why is Shadab under bowling Usama. Only 5 overs for him compared to Nawaz's 6 and his 7. Looks like the "great" captain's feeling the heat

I knew he'd pull off something like this. He did the same thing to Imad during the Afghanistan series.

Our bowling has become minnow level. Don't come at me that this is a warmup. We are using our entire bowling arsenal and Aus are cruising at 6 RPO

Return of Rhona Dhona posters as soon as Pakistan under pump again, how predictable.

Shadab coming back after the tanking ge already has

Where is chacha ifti

Maxwell brought back into form before Aus meet India lol

Lol to those who are claiming Shadab's a better captain than Babar.

Both are equally terrible. Shadab led us to a series lose vs Afghanistan with a team which was much better than are usual XI all due to the fact that he couldn't stomach Imad performing and would under bowl him plus having Azam bat out of position. Furthermore he has been captaining Islamabad since 2019 and in those 4 years he is yet to take his team to a final.
Naw, That team was a nothing team sheddy was given. Throw hatred aside and analyse properly.

This is babar's captaincy

Bowl shaheen and naseem till the 7th, then bring in haris Rauf and bowl shaheen with his quota and bowl haris with his quota till the 13th to 17th, Then play 20 to 25 overs of spin from the same spinners consecutively till the 37th, and then have shaheen, Rauf and Naseem complete their remaining quota.

Field setting wise he places almost every fielder at the back and even in the inner circle their placed wide apart allowing for easy singles because babar thinks singles and doubles don't exist and everyone is just gonna smash.

Sheddy however has

Placed 6 fielder close in the inner circle making each batsmen earn their singles, and a slip for spinners making batters Cautious for the edge.

He's also rotated every bowler not allowing batsmen to settle on any one bowler, he's also brought Rauf for Smith realising spin isn't work lin on Smith and he brought spin for Warner and Marsh realising pace isn't working against them.

He also didn't panic once when we were getting tonked. He's leading really well, the issue he sucks as a player.

Idrc about hatred, but don't show bias for the sake of showing bias. Think, analyse and then comment.

The main issue however is that sheddy himself is a crap player, so if he is to captain, he needs to improve as a player. Otherwise captaincy wise he's doing extremely well, I haven't seen pakistan play like a proper unit with a winning mindset since 2021.

Today is a welcome change, Look at the NZ game and look at today's game and you'll see a massive difference. Even wasim JR is bowling well In the middle overs. That the advantage of tight fielding and good captaincy, build pressure and even the most ordinary bowlers can become world class, Granted sheddy is botching it by bowling pies to Glenn Maxwell lol.

Not just shadab, but the entire Pakistani bowling lineup is useless in this World Cup. It’s amazing despite Nadeem’s injuries, the selectors did not bother to pick fast bowling options.

Reverse sweep is top-edged and Babar Azam the substitute fielder takes a catch!
Glenn Maxwell c sub (Babar Azam) b Shadab Khan 77 (71b 4x4 6x6) SR: 108.45

Oh behave, if Pakistan bowling was so bad then every Aussie batter would be rinsing the runs, fact is Pakistan had Aus 5 down for 172, and it's Maxwell who is the only Aussie batsman cutting loose.

Oh look, Max is out.

Who is doing the bowling selection is it Babar or Shadab? If it’s Shadab then this guy has literally no shame . He’s purposely under bowling Usama aka his competition. Unfortunately I don’t see him being dropped from the main 11, but when we exit the World Cup I don’t want to see him again unless he somehow transforms into the next Mushtaq (not going to happen )

All teams playing warm ups and our games getting washed out.

I have heard Dil Dil Pakistan being played in stadium.

When will I get to hear Chakde India?

:sadbye

Shadab knew Maxwell was hitting out.

He wanted the wicket so he kept himself on.

No other reason.
Oh my days!

Shadab has not been performing of late, but now in a WC warm up he wants to get his mojo back and fans are still complaining rather than congratulating Shadab on getting a wicket.

This Pakistan team is meant to play t20 cricket. We simply dnt have players who have temperament for 50 over formats. Especially our bowling

Oh my days!

Shadab has not been performing of late, but now in a WC warm up he wants to get his mojo back and fans are still complaining rather than congratulating Shadab on getting a wicket.

Yes that is probably the only way he can get his mojo back.

When the batsmen has hit 80 odd runs and wants to smash everything out of the park.

Even Iftikhar would have got Maxi out because he was not bothered about playing on the ground anymore.

I would say toss the bowl to Saud and he might pick up a wicket too.

If there is on commentator that can give Rambo a run for his money then it is Sanjay Manjrakhar.

I like both of them though, they add a unique masala to the commentary.

I am very happy today, really happy, haven't seen this from Pakistan since 2021.

My problem now is that next game we're going back to the clueless approach from babar. That's what I'm scared about.

If Pakistan plays as a unit like we are today, then I couldn't care less about winning or losing. As I said, it's all about the mindset.

Something that sheddy is employing and something sarfi employed. Something which was absent during the misbah dark days and woth babar's captaincy.

Really hope babar learns how to captain and takes pointers from shadab, this is how to lead.

Good job, dil dil Pakistan if pak plays like this.

Hassan Ali getting nice in swing no idea why he was trying to bowl short to Maxwell

Naw, That team was a nothing team sheddy was given. Throw hatred aside and analyse properly.

This is babar's captaincy

Bowl shaheen and naseem till the 7th, then bring in haris Rauf and bowl shaheen with his quota and bowl haris with his quota till the 13th to 17th, Then play 20 to 25 overs of spin from the same spinners consecutively till the 37th, and then have shaheen, Rauf and Naseem complete their remaining quota.

Field setting wise he places almost every fielder at the back and even in the inner circle their placed wide apart allowing for easy singles because babar thinks singles and doubles don't exist and everyone is just gonna smash.

Sheddy however has

Placed 6 fielder close in the inner circle making each batsmen earn their singles, and a slip for spinners making batters Cautious for the edge.

He's also rotated every bowler not allowing batsmen to settle on any one bowler, he's also brought Rauf for Smith realising spin isn't work lin on Smith and he brought spin for Warner and Marsh realising pace isn't working against them.

He also didn't panic once when we were getting tonked. He's leading really well, the issue he sucks as a player.

Idrc about hatred, but don't show bias for the sake of showing bias. Think, analyse and then comment.

The main issue however is that sheddy himself is a crap player, so if he is to captain, he needs to improve as a player. Otherwise captaincy wise he's doing extremely well, I haven't seen pakistan play like a proper unit with a winning mindset since 2021.

Today is a welcome change, Look at the NZ game and look at today's game and you'll see a massive difference. Even wasim JR is bowling well In the middle overs. That the advantage of tight fielding and good captaincy, build pressure and even the most ordinary bowlers can become world class, Granted sheddy is botching it by bowling pies to Glenn Maxwell lol.
Alright let's analyse properly

First off the team Shadab got was not a nothing team. Saim and Haris is a much better opening combo than Babar and Riz, Tayab and Azam in the middle is much better than Ifti and Shan/ any other tom dick or Harry, Imad is a much better AR than Nawaz and Ishanullah and Zaman are on par with Rauf and Naseem in T20Is

As @topspin mentioned Shadab would under bowl Imad throughout that series and that was the main reason for our loss.

So what does that display? It shows that Shadab as captain is willing to sacrifice results in order to maintain his position in the team similar to how Babar stat pads.

You can see the same today. Usama has been bowling well and yet Shadab is giving himself max overs in order to guarantee his place in the side (already guaranteed)

Also it's pointless comparing today's game with ours vs NZ. The pitch is much slower and supportive to spinners and skiddy bowlers like Wasim Jr and Hassan, yet despite that Australia are on course for 300+

Like I always say domestics and PSL are the best barometer to judge captaincy and the results from both have shown that Shadab is a serial non performer as captain who has failed to get Islamabad (who had won two PSL's under Misbah of all people) to win any tournaments

I don’t think Australia will score more than 320

I am very happy today, really happy, haven't seen this from Pakistan since 2021.

My problem now is that next game we're going back to the clueless approach from babar. That's what I'm scared about.

If Pakistan plays as a unit like we are today, then I couldn't care less about winning or losing. As I said, it's all about the mindset.

Something that sheddy is employing and something sarfi employed. Something which was absent during the misbah dark days and woth babar's captaincy.

Really hope babar learns how to captain and takes pointers from shadab, this is how to lead.

Good job, dil dil Pakistan if pak plays like this.
Babar is on the field for last 6 overs now, so stop praising this team. 🤣

Shadab if this is warm up what is purpose of you continuing to bowl and not give Usama the ball considering he didn’t play in Asia cup

All teams playing warm ups and our games getting washed out.

I have heard Dil Dil Pakistan being played in stadium.

When will I get to hear Chakde India?

:sadbye
Played in error feel sorry for the guy probably get lynched

Yes that is probably the only way he can get his mojo back.

When the batsmen has hit 80 odd runs and wants to smash everything out of the park.

Even Iftikhar would have got Maxi out because he was not bothered about playing on the ground anymore.

Ey? Are you suggesting Shadab could have got Max out earlier?

The question for me is why didn't Max retire on 50

So far apart from Warner and Maxwell Aussies have played poorly that too against the new look Pakistan attack on flat wicket.

Meanwhile, watching the Asian games, bad sad news for pak javelin fans....Arbaz Nadeem is injured and not participating in games. What a pity, as an indian i really like the guy :(

Wondering if Pakistan's best bowling line up actually is 2 fast bowlers and 3 spinners (Shaheen, Haris, Shadab, Usama and Nawaz) . . with support from Agha and Iftekhar . . Fast bowlers are going to get tonked here
I would take that.

I think we should seriously reconsider going with 3 fast bowlers.

2 is enough in India.

Have haris and shaheen

Shadab at 8
Nawaz at 7
Abrar at 9

So far apart from Warner and Maxwell Aussies have played poorly that too against the new look Pakistan attack on flat wicket.
Yup, but but but, those who will defend the Aussies (the haters) will claim it is only a warm up game so Australia should conserve energy and not go full throttle, the exception is, only Pakistan should go full throttle in a warm up and treat a warm up game like a WC knock out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back