ICC World Cup 2023 | Pakistan v Australia | 10th Warm-up | Hyderabad | 03 October | Australia innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Ok so the first game did not go to the liking of most Pakistan supporters, but who knows it was fine for the Team Management given that this is just a warm-up.

We know

1. Hyderabad pitch is great for scoring runs
2. Pakistan spinners did not do well
3. Pace attack seemed to be out of ideas
4. Saud Shakeel did well

So, what would you like to see happen in the final warm-up game for Pakistan?

==

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

Agree with Fakhar and Abdullah combination at the top.

Maybe a message for Pakistan fans from Babar Azam?

EOlyW9i.png

49VvXzm.png

Last edited:
Fakhar needs a game now badly. His confidence is way too low. If he has to play big matches in this World cup, he needs to come out of this bad patch ASAP.

Fakhar needs a game now badly. His confidence is way too low. If he has to play big matches in this World cup, he needs to come out of this bad patch ASAP.
Agreed. There's far too many accumulators so 80 after 20 overs is not going to cut it anymore. Need Fakhar and Iftikhar to be at their peak hitting form if Pakistan has any chance.

In this warmup match, their aim should be to achieve a score of no less than 100 within the first 10 overs

I want imam, Babar and rizwan to NOT bat in this match for once. Irrespective of whether we win or lose. We need to test the bench.

I want imam, Babar and rizwan to NOT bat in this match for once. Irrespective of whether we win or lose. We need to test the bench.
But then there’s an opportunity missed - can you imagine the chest beating if they score against Australia in a errm warm up?!

But I agree, the batting order should be

Fakhar
Abdullah
Chacha
Saud Shakeel
Hassan Ali
Shaheen
Wasim Jr
Shadab
Nawaz
Mir
Rauf

Let’s test Hassan and Wasim tonking ability (they might aswell be useful at something while they’re here)

But then there’s an opportunity missed - can you imagine the chest beating if they score against Australia in a errm warm up?!
I mean they can still play incase early wickets falls let's be honest, the brainless management has picked a squad where we barely have any room for alternative batsmen.

But like let Abdullah and fakhar open, give saud a no 3 spot, give chacha no 4, Allow agha one more go at 5, let haris be a 6, and if wickets fall early bring the stat paddlers ig.

Anyone who saw saud's innings yesterday knows he's far superior to rizwan, saud was literally timing to perfection and was freely playing all across the 360 field, even against pace he was comfortable.

Idk why everyone looked at his performances from 5 years ago and were trying to convince me that saud is not odi material. Anyone who saw the Sri lanka games knows he plays like haris sohail at this point.

Strong accumulator but can easily access 4th and 5th gear, just like haris and fakhar (In form fakhar),

Man I wish tayyab was here, he's in the same mould, these types of players can outbat the opposition when needed.

I kept saying it before, I don't mind imam, Babar and rizwan, I think their overhated but hell will freeze over before they learn how to access 4th gear, pure test match accumulation from these 3.

But I agree, the batting order should be

Fakhar
Abdullah
Chacha
Saud Shakeel
Hassan Ali
Shaheen
Wasim Jr
Shadab
Nawaz
Mir
Rauf

Let’s test Hassan and Wasim tonking ability (they might aswell be useful at something while they’re here)
Problem with our management is nepotism, I can see why hafeez left, I look at England and wish that was us.

I remember I use to get mad at sarfraz cause I thought he was nepotisitc by not giving rizwan chances but in hindsight, sarfi might have been right lol.

England would have dropped shadab, Nawaz, Waseem all these players ASAP and would never in a million years bring back hasan Ali.

I'm tired of the whole we don't have enough talent excuse when we clearly do we just never bothered grooming them or the whole those other players like saim ayub lack experience.

Abdullah has even less List A experience then saim, The only reason Abdullah is in, is because babar has a love affair with his technique and thinks he's Ricky Pointing 2.0

It's all nepotism drama bazi, it's why tayyab got dropped despite getting 0 games. But expect our posters to defend the management to oblivion.

Babar Azam and Fakhar Zaman gearing up for warm up match against Australia.

I want to see Fakhar open the game with Abdullah, Shadab to bowl a few overs, and Hassan to bowl his full quota again.

Fakhar and Abdullah seems to be the best opening combination we have at the moment.

I rather have an out of form Fakhar than an “in form” Imam who should be nowhere near white ball cricket. There’s a reason why he’s unwanted by PSL franchises.

If you’re not good enough to play in your premier domestic T20 competition it’s because you can’t execute the modern way of playing white ball cricket.

Imam should be nowhere near the squad.

With Naseem + Shaheen we never had to worry about opening bowling and Rauf would come in as the aggressor and also sharp Yorkers in the death.

Now Rauf is having to bowl out of position and there is no Naseem. So, either Shaheen has a spectacular day, or we get walloped for 350.

The people who wanted Hasan in the side in place of Amir please make themselves known we need to have a word.

Last edited by a moderator:
Knowing Babar he likely won't change the order knowing they lost warm up against NZ. Rizwan needs to volunteer to not to bat, only way ababar will sit him. Likes of Fakhar, Shafique, Saud, Chacha and Hassan should certainly be tested for majority of 50 overs.

As for Pakistan's bowling, less said the better. Have no clue how we can win with such absolute average spinners in India and ineffective pace options like Wasim. Haris and Shaheen can't click in all the games and these spinners and other pace options are not giving any positive vibe now. Hopefully spin department will find it's mojo, doubt it but hoping against odds

We all know how its going to pan out.

Imam
Abdullah
Babar
Rizwan
Saud
Etc.

Babar and Rizwan will score useless 50s again in a match that doesnt count.

Supporters will go haywire.

Status quo will be maintained.

You can hope that Fakhar can have a dab somewhere.

But Babar and Rizwan will play in stone at the same positions.

For this game it should be the below.

Fakhar
Imaam
Abdullah
Saud Shakeel
Rizwan
Agha
Iftikhar
Shadab
Usama Mir
Hassan Ali
Wasim Jnr

Babar and Rizwan are too insecure to let anyone else play in their positions. Rizwan has already lost his test spot, he’s not going to sit back and let someone else play at 4 which would just put more scrutiny on his batting position.

They can try this combination in this warm up match but they should go with Abdullah and Imam as openers at least for the first half of the World Cup matches.

They can try this combination in this warm up match but they should go with Abdullah and Imam as openers at least for the first half of the World Cup matches.
No they should not, we'll be 30 for 0 in 10 overs if we go with Imam and Abdullah.

Atleast with fakhar, considering hyderabad is a flat pitch, we know we're in good hands in terms of run rate even if fakhar is out of form.

No they should not, we'll be 30 for 0 in 10 overs if we go with Imam and Abdullah.

Atleast with fakhar, considering hyderabad is a flat pitch, we know we're in good hands in terms of run rate even if fakhar is out of form.
Imam and Abdullah would definitely provide a better start than 30/0 in the 10 overs. Let's see which combination management go with.

Funny.
Posters were begging drop Fakhar and play Abdullah.
1 failure. Now drop Abdullah play Fakhar.
The Irony is unmistakable.
I’m glad the management doesn’t care what the fans think as they can be fickle and over reactionary.
Fakhar should never have been dropped in the first place

Funny.
Posters were begging drop Fakhar and play Abdullah.
1 failure. Now drop Abdullah play Fakhar.
The Irony is unmistakable.
I’m glad the management doesn’t care what the fans think as they can be fickle and over reactionary.
Fakhar should never have been dropped in the first place
The way Fakhar has been batting in Power Play overs in most of his last 15 matches I have no hope for him giving Pakistan better start than Imam and Abdullah, but still needs to be tried in this warm up game.

Imam and Abdullah would definitely provide a better start than 30/0 in the 10 overs. Let's see which combination management go with.
Broskie i saw the 33/1 start they provided. I'm not saying their bad players, but only one of they shpuld play.

It's a Shame fakhar fizzled out, Imam and fakhar complimented each other very well on the past, Imam allowed fakhar to play freely while he anchored at the back end.

Problem is no fakhar means we have lost the X factor batsmen, Fakhar was the only player in our unit who can actually outbat the opposition when he gets going.

If it's a warmup, why do batsmen have to get out? If it was possible, I'd make Fakhar and Imam bat 50 overs regardless of how many times they get out.

This should be our lineup:

1) Fakhar
2) Imam (wk)
3) Abdullah
4) Saud
5) Iftikhar
6) Shadab (c)
7) Nawaz
8) Usama
9) Shaheen
10) Wasim
11) Hasan

Ramiz Raja:

“I know it was just a practice game, but a win is a win. And winning becomes a habit. But I feel Pakistan are now getting a habit of losing. First they lost in Asia Cup, and now here. Pakistan scored 345 and it was a great run-chase. If these are the pitches – and you will get such pitches in India – you will have to score 400 if your bowling keeps misfiring like this. You will have to change your tactics, take risks. And we don't do that. We play defensively for first 10-15 overs and then shift gears,"

Poor intent , poor captaincy , poor spinners , I can’t see them reaching semis so I am not following this worldcup at all

Maybe a message for Pakistan fans from Babar Azam?

EOlyW9i.png

49VvXzm.png
Wth are these lmao

Imagine if this is the new symbol for us this World Cup akin to the “cornered tiger” shirt of 92.

Pakistan practicing hard before their next warm-up game against Australia on Tuesday

1696171220848.png

1696171252220.png

1696171262209.png

1696171274830.png

1696171287640.png

1696171299464.png

1696171309475.png

1696171318899.png

Wasim, Fakhar, Hasan, Saud, Shadab and Agha should treat this warmup like the most important game of their lives.

Need a good performance from Imam, Nawaz and Shaheen as well.

is open with Imam and Fakhar - give them a run now until India game and let’s see what they do.

We need them to add some value with a top middle order. I think Nawaz may have to be dropped to accommodate space for both Saud and Hassan Ali, or Nawaz opens the bowling with Shaheen.

My team to try here would be to see how Nawaz does vs Australia but Warner would take him apart I think.

Lots of question with this team.

Need solid 30 overs of spin. Here.

In this game pakistan should go for the 11 which will play in the main event matches, there is no need to experiment anymore.

Because if they lose the game here the team's morale could take a significant hit which could mentally affect them in the opening game against the Netherlands.

In this game pakistan should go for the 11 which will play in the main event matches, there is no need to experiment anymore.

Because if they lose the game here the team's morale could take a significant hit which could mentally affect them in the opening game against the Netherlands.

No, this is a horrible idea. This is a meaningless warmup game, on a super batting friendly track.

Do not play Shaheen, do not play Rauf, do not take risks, and don't get injured. We've played a lot of ODI cricket already. There is nothing to gain from this meaningless warmup game

I would like to see a spinner open the bowling, hopefully Nawaz.

Nawaz and Shadab are not getting much spin due to their lack of form, a common challenge for spinners. Babar's captaincy and Shadab's career may be at stake in this World Cup.

Babar has proven to be mentally inflexible, often unable to think beyond his short-range plans. While we occasionally find success with his pre-match strategies, his robotic moves and stubbornness contribute to us losing around 90% of matches where we initially perform well.

Babar will now experience a taste of his own medicine, as he has failed to groom any bench players. Those whom he gave chances to are below-average players with no significant influence in FC/List A cricket, primarily selected based on their PSL performances.

I think in this match Babar and Rizwan should bat the whole innings - they need practice of “Indian conditions”

I sense panic now creeping in amongst the fans who thought we really were number 1

I sense panic now creeping in amongst the fans who thought we really were number 1

Panic?

Any discussion on Pakistan Cricket can never be without panic. You should know that.

Panic?

Any discussion on Pakistan Cricket can never be without panic. You should know that.
This is different

It feels like the those who were convinced we are all set have doubts creeping in

No need to over bowl Shaheen, Rauf. Give Hassan, Wasim, Usama maximum overs. Also, Chacha over Agha for both batting and bowling. Last thing you want is the guys treating this game as a do-and-die and injuring themselves.

Where’s the Firepower?! Lol

And Hassan Ali shows more aggression in the nets than the match!
Fakhar being troubled by Hasan Ali is not a good sign...plus no feet movement...why is with the squad? He was dropped in the T20 World Cup last year as was out of both form and confidence and doesn't look like anything has changed...

Pakistan will begin their journey in the World Cup on Friday, October 6, against the Netherlands, but ahead of them will be matches with big teams, the biggest of which will be the Pakistan-India clash on October 14 in Ahmedabad. Before the big matches, the warm-up against Australia is Babar Azam's last chance to try the team combination.

Who will play the new ball with star fast bowler Shaheen Shah? Abdullah Shafiq, who scored a half-century in the crucial match against Sri Lanka in the Asia Cup, will open or be sent to the crease to bring the out-of-form Fakhar Zaman back to form. The answers to these questions will be found in the second warm-up match.

Preparations are in full swing at Pakistani Camp

1696250294706.png

1696250770969.png

1696250335190.png

1696250357378.png

Last edited:
I hope we go with this batting lineup in the warmup.

Fakhar
Imam
Abdullah
Saud
Iftikhar
Agha

I hope we go with this batting lineup in the warmup.

Fakhar
Imam
Abdullah
Saud
Iftikhar
Agha
Same. I'd also like to see Imam or whoever is going to be the backup WK to keep some overs. Because in a scenario where Rizwan is out for 1 or 2 games. Would you really want to replace him for Mohammad Haris for the rest of the tournament?

batting can be the same but bowlers should be heavily rotated. i will be furious if we get injuries to any key player during this game

This is different

It feels like the those who were convinced we are all set have doubts creeping in

Creeping in? They've burrowed deep into the psyche ever since we got walloped in that Asia Cup game against India. Forget about doubts, at this point people are sure we're gonna get humiliated.

Panic?

I mean, yes it's true their are those that troll and those that are negative for no reason, but this time around it feels different.

Even the most loyal supporters seem to have certain doubts. Usually we are seen as a team with an okayish batting lineup and a world class bowling attack.

This time it isn't the case, previously if our batting cam get a 300, we could defend it, this time the problem lies with bowling. Besides shaheen and rauf(In the middle) our bowling is bang Average and isn't troubling anyone. We are clearly not the best bowling team whereas in past tournaments like 2011 or heck even 2021 t20 we could make a strong case.

Our batting isn't the type to outbat the opposition, a 350 from us is a once in a blue moon endeavour, even 300 isn't consistently achieved and we don't have the bowling this time around to actually defend 300 totals.

That's the worrying sign.

I would say apart from Shaheen and Haris and with Shadab form our bowling is below Average.

Curious to see how Warner will perform. He was disagracefully dropped by SRH team despite his long services to the side. One of the few guys that have 1500 plus runs in a single ground in the IPL.

Kohli 2700 at Chinnaswamy
ABDV 1900 at Chinnaswamy
Warner at Hyderabad 1623 runs 64.92 avge 160.53 SR 3 centuries 15 fifties

I would say apart from Shaheen and Haris and with Shadab form our bowling is below Average.

Pakistan would do well to rest them. 11 matches in hot and humid weather is going to be excruciating especially if they try to bowl as fast as they could.

Pak best possible playing 11:

Imam
Fakhar
Babar
Rizwan
Saud
Iftikhar
Shadab
Usama
Junior
Shaheen
Rauf

They should give game time to these guys.

One more chance to look at all our spin options. If someone can bag a 5fer, they can secure their spot

No way babar is going to sit out
Babar has played every single odi since the last World Cup 19

Would be interesting to see how Shadab uses spin today. There is a bit of conflict of interest as well so scrutiny will be on him.

Would be interesting to see how Shadab uses spin today. There is a bit of conflict of interest as well so scrutiny will be on him.
He has authority to bowl to who he wants

I feel that he will feel comfortable bowling to Carey and Cummins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back