India (111/2) hammer New Zealand by 8 wickets to win the 2nd ODI - Seal series by 2-0 margin

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
So a close win for India in the first ODI which has shown that NZ are not to be scoffed in Indian conditions.

What changes are expected for India as they look to seal the series.

Squads:

New Zealand Squad: Finn Allen, Devon Conway, Henry Nicholls, Daryl Mitchell, Tom Latham(w/c), Glenn Phillips, Michael Bracewell, Mitchell Santner, Henry Shipley, Lockie Ferguson, Blair Tickner, Mark Chapman, Doug Bracewell, Jacob Duffy

India Squad: Rohit Sharma(c), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Ishan Kishan(w), Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Washington Sundar, Shardul Thakur, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Mohammed Siraj, Yuzvendra Chahal, Srikar Bharat, Rajat Patidar, Shahbaz Ahmed, Umran Malik

Replace either Shami or Shardul with Umran. It's the only change we can make.

It is not saying much, but i would take Shardul over Shami now. Both go for plenty but Shardul has a knack of bowling some jaffas and getting big wickets. He dismissed Finn Allen and Bracewell last game. Plus the added bonus of his batting.

India's death bowling is one of the worst. Repeatedly they are failing to close out games. Lower order batsmen scoring century against India is alarmingly increasing. Also watch out for dew. This will give a snapshot of what is coming in the world cup. Teams batting second will bat like monsters. We have seen in the past. Random players will turn in to beasts. They should take Ashwin's suggestion seriously and start the match a touch early.

Shami is now the Dhawan of bowling. Way past his prime but playing only due to seniority.

India's death bowling is one of the worst. Repeatedly they are failing to close out games. Lower order batsmen scoring century against India is alarmingly increasing. Also watch out for dew. This will give a snapshot of what is coming in the world cup. Teams batting second will bat like monsters. We have seen in the past. Random players will turn in to beasts. They should take Ashwin's suggestion seriously and start the match a touch early.

Broadcasters would not allow it

It is not saying much, but i would take Shardul over Shami now. Both go for plenty but Shardul has a knack of bowling some jaffas and getting big wickets. He dismissed Finn Allen and Bracewell last game. Plus the added bonus of his batting.

Rohit
Gill
Kohli
SKY
Hardik
Kishan(wkt)
Sundar
Shardul
Kuldeep
Siraj
Umran

That will be my team although Shardul is crap too. I would always play Hardik at 5 in this game, give him more time to strengthen his case as batsman. He is not a 360 degree batsman. He is just a power hitter with not even 20% of the power that West Indian batters have. But he plays some typical classical shots which was very Indianesque so bat him at 5.

Unfair on Kishan but preferably he should be a backup opener for now because in middle order, strike rotation is key which he lacks.

Rohit
Gill
Kohli
SKY
Hardik
Kishan(wkt)
Sundar
Shardul
Kuldeep
Siraj
Umran

That will be my team although Shardul is crap too. I would always play Hardik at 5 in this game, give him more time to strengthen his case as batsman. He is not a 360 degree batsman. He is just a power hitter with not even 20% of the power that West Indian batters have. But he plays some typical classical shots which was very Indianesque so bat him at 5.

Unfair on Kishan but preferably he should be a backup opener for now because in middle order, strike rotation is key which he lacks.

80% of time Ishan has been a hack of all the time i have seen him bat. Never thought i would say this, I would prefer KL over him.

80% of time Ishan has been a hack of all the time i have seen him bat. Never thought i would say this, I would prefer KL over him.

I rather have a Shaw over him, yes has his issues but he can be like our Sehwag..

I rather have a Shaw over him, yes has his issues but he can be like our Sehwag..

Shaw is only suited for opening which means Gill would be coming at 5 or 6 which is not his position.

Quintessential requirement to be a successful aggressive opener is ability to rotate strike. Sehwag was briliant at that. Him and Gauti would tap and run all the time. That is where guys liek Shaw has to improve. It si not all boundaries. Gill has adopted that philosophy nicely. His consistency will be better than other due to that.

New Zealand should try and bat first anyways this is New Zealand B team.

Rohit
Gill
Kohli
SKY
Hardik
Kishan(wkt)
Sundar
Shardul
Kuldeep
Siraj
Umran

Pandya ideal position is at 7 . All other position mean our batting suck as we don't have any finisher

Pandya ideal position is at 7 . All other position mean our batting suck as we don't have any finisher

Batting position doesn't equate to finisher role. Dhoni batted at 5. Bevan batted at 4 or 6.

Pandya doesn't offer a lot with bowl so has to bat in top 6.

I do hope Rohit and Rahul get out cheaply and get dropped from the team …

India also missing KL Rahul, Bumrah, Jadeja, Axar etc..
Difference is there isn't as much of a drop as there is between Kane, Southee, Boult, Henry and Jamieson than Nicolls, Shipley, Tickner etc.

Difference is there isn't as much of a drop as there is between Kane, Southee, Boult, Henry and Jamieson than Nicolls, Shipley, Tickner etc.

Southee averages 40, Boult 37, Henry 35 in India. Jamieson got spanked in IPL when i watched him. Drop in quality is not that big. Your only loss is Ish Sodhi.

We are going back to Shami because other than Siraj our young crop Umran, Arshdeep, Prasidh, Shivam, Harshal etc dont seem to have it in them. Still early days for some of them, but as of now they are cannon fodder for strong sides. On top of it Bumrah is injury prone and can only be reliable in pace/bounce friendly wickets.

Southee averages 40, Boult 37, Henry 35 in India. Jamieson got spanked in IPL when i watched him. Drop in quality is not that big. Your only loss is Ish Sodhi.
Southee and Boult are capable of exploiting the new ball and at least getting a couple. Shipley and Tickner are not wicket takers, not international standard players who do not even perform in domestic cricket.

Against this Indian team, Southee and Boult would have feasted as the Indian batting line up they're facing is far weaker than previous Indian teams we have faced. Rohit and Kohli no longer the same forces, Gill still new and a pretty new middle and lower order which is unproven or has not done much at all.

New Zealand should try and bat first anyways this is New Zealand B team.
Probably will be better to chase, but I wont be able to watch the second innings. Hope they bat first and Finn, Mitchell, Phillips and Bracewell have good days.

Southee and Boult are capable of exploiting the new ball and at least getting a couple. Shipley and Tickner are not wicket takers, not international standard players who do not even perform in domestic cricket.

Against this Indian team, Southee and Boult would have feasted as the Indian batting line up they're facing is far weaker than previous Indian teams we have faced. Rohit and Kohli no longer the same forces, Gill still new and a pretty new middle and lower order which is unproven or has not done much at all.

Since June 5th, 2013, Southee averages 36-37 with the ball. He is a mediocre bowler everywhere and has been so for a long time.

Rohit and Kohli no longer the same forces but Southee and Boult are?

Rohit and Kohli no longer the same forces but Southee and Boult are?
All they need is 1-2 wickets early with the new ball (which everyone knows they're capable of - it's when they're most effective) and we're into India's fragile middle and lower order.

All they need is 1-2 wickets early with the new ball (which everyone knows they're capable of - it's when they're most effective) and we're into India's fragile middle and lower order.

And you are pretty sure that Rohit, Kohli and Co would not be able to handle that? Even after NZ duo's poor record has been factually presented.

Since June 5th, 2013, Southee averages 36-37 with the ball. He is a mediocre bowler everywhere and has been so for a long time.
Complete load of horse crap. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Southee since 2020 averages 23.45.
Avg against India: 24.2
Avg against Pakistan: 24

Trent Boult since 2020 averages 14.6
Average against Aus: 10.3

Last 3 years: 16.21
Average against Aus: 14

Last 4 years: 19.96
Avg against India: 15.85
Avg against Aus: 13.64

Dude, do you have comprehension issues? In india
Does the new ball not move in India?

Shipley was beating Rohit's bat with the odd ball and he had zero control over line and length.

This is a bowler who averages 44 in domestic cricket. But I'm supposed to believe Southee and Boult couldn't have gotten into India's middle order with the new ball.

Last edited:
India A :- Rohit, Dhawan, Kohli, Shreyas, KL, pandya, Jadeja, Shardul, kuldeep, Siraj, Bumrah

India B : Gill, Shaw, Kishan, Tripathi, SKY, Sundar, Axar, Chahar,Shami, Umran, Chahal

Conclusion - Forget 15 or 18, Sanju Samson is not even among the 22 best Indian players in the country. Yes, the 73 average meme won't work any long here when you are not good enough to find a place in India B team lol :91: :inti

Does the ball not move in India?

Shipley was beating Rohit's outside bat with the odd ball and he had zero control.

Rohit, Virat records are great in India. Southee, Boult are poor in India. These are facts presented before you. If ball moves in India now, it had moved before as well. Still they were crap.

Complete load of horse crap. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Southee since 2020 averages 23.45.
Avg against India: 24.2
Avg against Pakistan: 24

Trent Boult since 2020 averages 14.6
Average against Aus: 10.3

Last 3 years: 16.21
Average against Aus: 14

Last 4 years: 19.96
Avg against India: 15.85
Avg against Aus: 13.64

NZ have barely played any ODIs since the pandemic began. So, the only spouting horse crap is you. Southee's numbers against India in the last 4 years is only because he played India in NZ. His career numbers against India in India are Average of nearly 40 and economy over 6.

He is a crap bowler and has been for 10 years. Boult, though he is a mental midget and a choker, has generally been a decent bilateral bowler.

NZ have 3 competent white ball bowlers - Boult, Ferguson and Henry. Rest are bog Average.

Siraj has become such a match winning strike bowler upfront and we had some posters backing Umran ahead of him even when Umran was not even ready before the T20 World Cup:facepalm :viru :inti

Does the new ball not move in India?

Shipley was beating Rohit's bat with the odd ball and he had zero control over line and length.

This is a bowler who averages 44 in domestic cricket. But I'm supposed to believe Southee and Boult couldn't have gotten into India's middle order with the new ball.

Shipley averages 11 this season in the Ford Trophy. He is pretty much the best you have and thats why you are playing him :91:

Siraj has become such a match winning strike bowler upfront and we had some posters backing Umran ahead of him even when Umran was not even ready before the T20 World Cup:facepalm :viru :inti
Siraj is gun player. Umran don't know anything other than gun barrel straight, zero variations. He will disappear once he lost the speed.

Siraj here to stay.. He is next zak.

Shipley averages 11 this season in the Ford Trophy. He is pretty much the best you have and thats why you are playing him :91:
Seth Rance averages 12. Doesn't make him international standard does it?

Oh man, I hope we play you in the WC again, you need another humbling.

T20 WC @ home, WTC Final and ODI WC weren't enough. Need another humiliation to bring your JAMODI bullies back down to earth.

It's funny in a way, your players perform in these warm up games, get their fans hopes up. Only to get absolutely wrecked in WCs and crash out in embarrassing fashion after being favorites to win.

You're the Manchester City of Cricket.

Last edited:
NZ have barely played any ODIs since the pandemic began. So, the only spouting horse crap is you. Southee's numbers against India in the last 4 years is only because he played India in NZ. His career numbers against India in India are Average of nearly 40 and economy over 6.

He is a crap bowler and has been for 10 years. Boult, though he is a mental midget and a choker, has generally been a decent bilateral bowler.

NZ have 3 competent white ball bowlers - Boult, Ferguson and Henry. Rest are bog Average.
Whatever, we'll see what happens in the WC.

You cherish these JAMODI series wins, it's all you'll have to comfort you when you inevitably fall short again.

I do hope Rohit and Rahul get out cheaply and get dropped from the team …

Rahul isn't even in the squad for this series 🤦even if rohit scores 5 consecutive ducks he will play and captain the team till the end of WC 2023. So you can pray for his injury.

Fun to see people get frustrated.

Teams:

New Zealand (Playing XI): Finn Allen, Devon Conway, Henry Nicholls, Daryl Mitchell, Tom Latham(w/c), Glenn Phillips, Michael Bracewell, Mitchell Santner, Henry Shipley, Lockie Ferguson, Blair Tickner

India (Playing XI): Rohit Sharma(c), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Ishan Kishan(w), Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Washington Sundar, Shardul Thakur, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Mohammed Siraj

India have won the toss and have opted to field

You cherish these JAMODI series wins, it's all you'll have to comfort you when you inevitably fall short again.

Ah.. I see the classic WC "we beat India " fallback. Rich coming from a team with no WCs

Seth Rance averages 12. Doesn't make him international standard does it?

Oh man, I hope we play you in the WC again, you need another humbling.

T20 WC @ home, WTC Final and ODI WC weren't enough. Need another humiliation to bring your JAMODI bullies back down to earth.

It's funny in a way, your players perform in these warm up games, get their fans hopes up. Only to get absolutely wrecked in WCs and crash out in embarrassing fashion after being favorites to win.

You're the Manchester City of Cricket.

Only a complete noob with no understanding of cricket would have called is favourites for any tournament after World T20 2014. WTC is a joke. Most teams dont play each other and teams like NZ made it to the final without winning anything of significance away from home.

Seth Rance is not international standard. Apart from the 3 I named , you don't have international standard bowlers in white ball cricket.

Southee is a mediocre trundler and has been for a decade. Atleast in ODI cricket.

Another defeat loading for the Kiwis. Now they will only perform better when the defeat is imminent for some consolation prizes.

Have you won any ICC world cup ? Untill then :broad

Hello!

Any more personal comments about any poster and action will be taken - So don't repeat

Nicholls :facepalm

Wasted 21 deliveries, scored 2 runs and got out too. Now next batsman need to get set from start.

I have a feeling Kiwis will get bowled out under 60 today.

Rubbish start, but not surprising with Finn not doing much at the top and Nicolls at 3. Expected us to be 2 down for nothing but Mitchell too, makes it tough.

Think it might be time to give someone else a chance to open. Finn is offering little at the top.

Scoring the odd 30-40 and not much else isn't good enough in this format. Can get away with it in T20s, not in ODIs.

Either bring in Young to open or consider promoting Mitchell up the order.

Guptill> allen QQ
Guptill is done these days.

Finn is playing himself out of a WC spot, can see the selectors trying someone else at the top. Maybe Young or Mitchell - Mitchell moves up and we bring in Chapman who can also bowl a bit.

Finn is playing himself out of a WC spot, can see the selectors trying someone else at the top. Maybe Young or Mitchell - Mitchell moves up and we bring in Chapman who can also bowl a bit.

Blundell not in ODI scheme?

Why the hell Thakur is being introduced?

All he'll do is to release all pressure created at the other end.

Not blundell, Tim Siefert IIRC. My bad

Why they are giving chances to thakhur instead of umran. They have intention to carry thakur to WC?...Thease matches are important for umran to groom before the worldcup. I don't know the logic picking thrundler shardul

Lessons learnt already from this series.

Nichols should not make the WC squad, probably Finn too.

Should be giving Will Young and Chapman more games before the WC.

Back