India (111/3) defeat USA (110/8) comfortably by 7 wickets to make their way into ICC T20 World Cup 2024 Super 8 stage

Result

India defeated USA comfortably by 7 wickets to become the first team in Group A to qualify for the Super 8 round.

India gets the job done for Pakistan.

NRR is basically out of the equation now.

I wonder whether the Indians here will be more happy that India won or more sad that Pakistan are still alive? 🤭
Don't think India is scared of Pakistan especially after the last win. It will be fun watching Pak in super 8. Aus vs Pak, Afg vs Pak, WI vs Pak. Will be very exciting. The Afghan match will be super interesting with sparks flying

But still USA competed very well. No nerves. Put Ind under pressure. All good signs for the next game. If USA reach Super 8 - they can cause some upsets.

(Not a Hindi speaker here, so pardon me if I am wrong in saying this) "Baal Baal Bachche" once again for us in the end.

At the minimum we need to get rid of Dube if not Jaddu and the rest of the non-performers, going forward.

But Rahul Dravid won't do that.
What "baal baal bache"!
India won with 8 wickets and more than an over to spare.
Seems quite a convincing win to me.
Good performance by the H1B boys though.

Dube looks embarrassed shaking hands there haha. Maybe I don't hate him as much as I did before the game. He knows his level it looks like.

That dropped catch changed the fortunes. Was very crucial. With Pandya next Ind still had a chance but would have been tricky. That Dube 6 off Anderson was crucial. That was the change in momentum. The five penalties right after killed Indian americans

If Ishowspeed was mature and wasn't a complete joke in youtube, he'd make for a great American commentator as he knows cricket and adores kohli to death. Dude is in love with Indian cricket and was seen wearing the Indian shirt and watching the game.

Its just he's an 18 year old man child so can't have someone that unprofessional.

I reckon he'd be a better comm than Yuvraj singh

So far Pant, Dube and Sky have got decent game time with the bat...

Virat and Rohit have been Meh...

The opening circus pair of Kohli and Rohit must end now. This works against minnows as team is not under pressure even if they lose both openers before power play.
Against teams like England and Australia or even SA or WI, India cannot afford to lose both openers like this.
Also, drop Siraj and bring in Kuldeep. India does not need 3 pacers.

India survive scare to beat USA in New York and seal Super 8 spot
India secured a place in the next round of the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2024 with a nervy seven-wicket win over tournament co-hosts USA in the final match to be held at the Nassau County International Cricket Stadium in New York.

An almighty upset looked on the cards when the world’s top-ranked T20I side slipped to 10/2 chasing 111, with star openers Virat Kohli (0) and Rohit Sharma (3) both dismissed early by Saurabh Netravalkar.

But India’s middle order held their nerve on a tricky surface, chipping away at the total, with Suryakumar Yadav playing the starring role with a match-winning half-century, having been given a let-off when dropped by Netravalkar.

Rishabh Pant’s 18 from 20 balls helped lay the platform, with Shivam Dube playing a good hand to help Sky seal the win with ten balls to spare.

The story of India’s successful chase
Faced with a target of 111, India’s innings suffered a big early setback as Virat Kohli departed for a golden duck off just the second delivery of the innings to give the American side hope of pulling off another huge upset.

It was a beautiful delivery from USA bowler Saurabh Netravalkar, angling away from Kolhi and drawing the edge in trademark fashion.

And Netravalkar bagged a second huge scalp when he had India captain Rohit Sharma caught by Harmeet Singh at deep mid-off for 3(6).

But in the end Surya's knock took them beyond the finishing line.

Source: ICC

England, Pakistan, India are all at same level, not great T20 teams.

SA and OZ looking the strongest.

If Ishowspeed was mature and wasn't a complete joke in youtube, he'd make for a great American commentator as he knows cricket and adores kohli to death. Dude is in love with Indian cricket and was seen wearing the Indian shirt and watching the game.

Its just he's an 18 year old man child so can't have someone that unprofessional.
He actually knows nothing about cricket and was even at the game and everything for content. He doesn't actually know how anything goes

He actually knows nothing about cricket and was even at the game and everything for content. He doesn't actually know how anything goes
He does. He just acts like a social media dumbo. But he's aware of the sport and how the game works.

It's just if he was mature it would help. He's not mature. The commentary would have barking sounds.

Thoroughly disappointed to see the thousands of Ind desis in the crowd cheering for Ind instead of cheering for their home country USA. And USA have given ind a run for their money here. They didn't just roll over - they deserved more home support from these crowds. Just imagine the reverse. If the game was in Ind and the Ind citizens there supporting and cheering for the USA. They would all be over them like a rash with being branded as anti national, anti couuntry etc. Really pathetic behavior. Shameless. And they have the gall to complain of racism etc etc..

Thoroughly disappointed to see the thousands of Ind desis in the crowd cheering for Ind instead of cheering for their home country USA. And USA have given ind a run for their money here. They didn't just roll over - they deserved more home support from these crowds. Just imagine the reverse. If the game was in Ind and the Ind citizens there supporting and cheering for the USA. They would all be over them like a rash with being branded as anti national, anti couuntry etc. Really pathetic behavior. Shameless. And they have the gall to complain of racism etc etc..
I’m sure it’s second team for most atleast, i did support them today but lowkey still hoped India wins as well, USA has most players that I personally identify with but hard to let go of team that once grew up watching living and supporting.

Relax it's just a game.

I’m sure it’s second team for most atleast, i did support them today but lowkey still hoped India wins as well, USA has most players that I personally identify with but hard to let go of team that once grew up watching living and supporting.
Sure support ind as long as it's a non USA v ind game. I grew up watching and supporting Ind team as well but if it's a game vs home team USA, then it's a no brainer honestly. No janmbhoomi vs karmabhoomi nonsense for me which some of the placards were displayed at the ground by confused desist. Again am not angry, just disappointed

Actually they were cheering for both. Atleast that is what i saw. It was a win-win situation for them.

Relax it's just a game.
Totally understand it's a game , but these are the same guys who stand in long lines to get a USA visa and citizenship. We moved to USA for greener pastures, a better life, a better quality of life. And USA gave us citizenship with equal rights. None of these will be wanting to back to Ind and when they visit Ind, they diss the Indian life quality, how roads are so bad , corruption Yada Yada Yada and brag how USA or amreeeeeka is so much better. Just the hypocrisy. It's disrespect to the country that has offered you everything and equal rights when you didn't want to stay in your own birth country and personally I am forever grateful for that, can't speak for others though.

SA? They barely beat the Dutch.
What happened in 2023 and 2022 is a shock but it won't happen every time.

NY pitch was hell for all teams. Now that's its over you won't be seeing close sided contests between minnow and proper top sides.

Only usa, Afghanistan and WI are exceptions but tbf, Wi and Afghanistan are not minnows, their test nations

India won in the end but Kohli getting out on a duck on the very first ball?? that was new.

Brilliant bowling again by Saurabh Netravalkar. He tried his absolute best but in the end, the score proved to be a bit low. But anyways, kudos to USA for such a performance. Long way to go for them.

India’s spinners bide their time as pace rules in New York

India picked four spinners in their squad of the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2024, but it has been pace that has been the key part of their attack in the opening three matches of the campaign.

India captain Rohit Sharma opted to use just three overs of spin against USA on Wednesday in the Group A contest at the Nassau County International Cricket Stadium, as once again it was pace bowling that proved most impactful on the low-scoring New York surface.

All three of those overs came from Axar Patel, and in total India have bowled just nine overs of spin combined across their three matches at the ground – against USA, Pakistan and Ireland – with Axar bowling six of those and Jadeja sending down just three.

It’s an unusual state of affairs for a squad that contains four front-line spinners, with Kuldeep Yadav and Yuzvendra Chahal reduced to spectator roles so far at the tournament, despite both coming into the World Cup off the back of superb Indian Premier League campaigns.

But that will surely change, with India heading down to Florida for their final Group A fixture against Canada before moving to the more spin-friendly conditions of the Caribbean for the second round and, potentially, knockout stages.

And with that change of venue, expect to see a change in the make-up of the Indian bowling attack.

“It will depend on the opponents; it will depend on the surface,” India bowling coach Paras Mhambrey said prior to the win over USA. “We know that we can't play three spinners on this wicket, it's not going to be viable to drop a seamer and play a spinner, I think, looking at the conditions.

“But also the other thing that Axar does, he gives you that depth as well in terms of the batting which was pretty evident in the last game (against Pakistan)," Mhambrey added. "Because we had to promote someone like him, we had to take a chance. He played a very critical role for the team.

“I think the good thing is that we already played in West Indies. We already had a couple of series out there prior to this, so we more or less know what kind of a surface we'll encounter out there.

“And as I said, as a team, we have so much of experience, we will adapt. We know that we have the skills, we have the temperament, and the talent to adapt.”

Such was the dominance of seam in Nassau County that all-rounder Hardik Pandya bowled all 12 of his available overs across the three matches at the ground, with even the right-arm medium of Shivam Dube given a run against the Americans ahead of Jadeja’s left-arm spin.

And on this occasion it was Arshdeep Singh who returned the best figures as India wrapped a seven-wicket win, finishing with his career-best figures of 4/9 in four overs.

"It feels good when you perform good for the team and you get the right result as well,” Arshdeep said after the match.

“My family was here and they were really happy with the performance as well. But the emotions stay the same. That's the talk of the dressing room as well: How to be in the same mood, irrespective of the result, just try to be stable enough, whether we win, whether we lose, and whether we have a good day or a bad day.”

It was Arshdeep who returned to the attack to pick up the key wicket of Nitish Kumar (27) just as the USA batter looked to be getting his side into a favourable position in the match.

But Arshdeep had Mohammed Siraj to thank for that wicket, with the fielder taking a blinder of a catch on the rope.

“Nitish hit it really well and I thought it was going for six but yes - it was a really nice catch and as a fielding unit we are trying to improve every percent,” Arshdeep said.

ICC

Back