India (111/3) defeat USA (110/8) comfortably by 7 wickets to make their way into ICC T20 World Cup 2024 Super 8 stage

I wonder if we all have been a bit too harsh on Pakistan - looking at how so many so called top teams are struggling here in New York - whether batting first or chasing.

India is in a difficult situation here.

Most definitely. Pack your bags.
No the way I wanted, now our players have an excuse that USA beat the mighty India too. Best outcome for me would have been that we either loose on points or through rain, this way we cannot blame the others and Qudrat ka Nizam can go **** itself as well.

I wonder if we all have been a bit too harsh on Pakistan - looking at how so many so called top teams are struggling here in New York - whether batting first or chasing.

India is in a difficult situation here.
Exactly, outfield is terribly slow, bounce is uneven and there is movement early on. This isnt a good T20 pitch. The curator should be fired

It's sad that if SkY takes India home, no will acknowledge the innings in the overrated thread cause the team is USA even if the pitch was beyond difficult and USA schooled Pakistan

USA have been docked 5 penalty runs. They have gone past 60 seconds to start a new over 3 times in the innings. As per the new rules, that's a penalty

India are purposefully taking their time with this chase. Very suspicious :sarf

The 5 runs killed the momentum coz its below run a ball now.. Saurabh Special needed

Irrespective I think they should had been warned before deducting could be the difference
I was wondering this......do they get a warning after the 2nd time? Unfair a little if they not aware.

I was wondering this......do they get a warning after the 2nd time? Unfair a little if they not aware.
Yeah esp if its a new rule I feel teams need to get used to it and on these damn pitches 5 might as well be 20..

Guess that's why they keep Yadav in the team. Gutsy

Yaar Rohit, just go over to Aron and say you'll chase the extra 5. For cricket in America, For Indo-US relations , for our brothers playing for America etc.

India basically lost their version of Babar, Rizwan and Fakhar early on but the rest are doing it for the team...can't imagine our middle order ever doing this

But are they told by the umpire those 2 times.....like "hey capt, that's your 2nd time, next time it's a penalty"????
If they did, the make shift captain wouldn't have that dumb face. He probably didn't know the rules

The 5 penalty runs difference would have made this an interesting finish. Need India to finish this in this over hopefully, for the sake of USA nrr.

India basically lost their version of Babar, Rizwan and Fakhar early on but the rest are doing it for the team...can't imagine our middle order ever doing this
In all honesty I didn’t expect our middle
order to do this as well, probably coz US is experienced this happened.

It used to when he had Hafeez, Malik, Haris and Sarfraz in middle order.

I still think about Haris Sohail. What a player he was.

The NRR difference between USA and Pakistan would be negligible now. so all that has to happen is USA lose and Pakistan win and NRR should take care of itself

Josh Hazelwood got into trouble for saying Aussies might manipulate Scotland game to kick England out. His logic was to eliminate good teams before super 8s. India doing the same to Pakistan?
Except that Pakistan is not a good team.

You are confusing Haris the ODI batter with the T20 batter. Was pretty mediocre in T20I's.
He didn't transition his form into t20 like fakhar can't but that doesn't mean he wasn't suitable for t20.

Dude was a classy bat who could hit and clear, he'd be gun in MO

The 5 penalty runs difference would have made this an interesting finish. Need India to finish this in this over hopefully, for the sake of USA nrr.
They are winning with an over and half to.spare. 5 runs don't matter much.

I wonder whether the Indians here will be more happy that India won or more sad that Pakistan are still alive? 🤭

(Not a Hindi speaker here, so pardon me if I am wrong in saying this) "Baal Baal Bachche" once again for us in the end.

At the minimum we need to get rid of Dube if not Jaddu and the rest of the non-performers, going forward.

But Rahul Dravid won't do that.

I wonder whether the Indians here will be more happy that India won or more sad that Pakistan are still alive? 🤭
Many love the way USA played.. but losing to them would had made many Indians not happy losing to a minnow.

India win with 10 balls to spare..

Those 5 penalty runs just broke USA's fighting resolve. SIgh! Yeah India might have won even then, but the game would have been so much closer.

Back