India (221/9) beat Bangladesh (135/9) in the 2nd T20I to seal the series 2-0 with one match remaining in the 3-match T20I series

It is a mystery to me why Bangladeshi players are generally lanky/skinny. We Bangladeshis tend to eat a lot of meat (chicken biryani, beef biryani, goat curry, chicken curry, beef curry etc.).

I myself am 196 pounds and pretty well-built. Then again, I probably eat more meat than average Bangladeshis.

It’s a mystery because you are not using brains and common sense- that is something eating beef will not give you but let me explain.

You can consume all the protein in the world, you still need to put the hard yards and work out to be fit, not have any bad habits and a healthy life style.

On top of that you need natural skills, talent and brains. Even if not natural you need out the hard yards in.

I don’t care what someone eats in their private life but maybe over focusing on beef just to get a raise out of Hindus/Indians is probably making you skip all these other factors.

Good chance everything went above your head so enjoy your stake dinner.

Bangladeshis eat a lot of beef but clearly aren’t better than any Indian players.

There is no alternative for hard work and skill, India has vegetarian olympians.

Indians also cannot hit as well as SENA and Caribbean players.

Maybe if Indians were eating more meat, they could've hit like Klaasen, Head, Tim David, Chris Gayle etc.

15 sixes for India v 4 for Bangladesh in this innings

And congratulations to Mahmudullah for ending on a run a ball 40 in T20I Cricket.

Disappointed that BD only hit 4 sixes. Delhi ground is a small ground. Should've hit more sixes.

He is undoubtedly an extremist but some Indian posters continue to engage with him on irrelevant stuffs. It's perplexing to understand why they pay attention to his comments. Given his limited knowledge, he is focused primarily on updating scores and making obvious statements. In an attempt to stay relevant, he resorts to these tactics.
Mate just point the T20 WC and enjoy the scalping of the 🐅

BD fans should not be disappointed at all. They batted out full 20 overs in both the games. Maybe they aren't great hitters. But they possess decent defensive technique. This will help them build confidence for upcoming test matches.

BD fans should not be disappointed at all. They batted out full 20 overs in both the games. Maybe they aren't great hitters. But they possess decent defensive technique. This will help them build confidence for upcoming test matches.

As the great Michael Holding said, "T20 is not cricket and Pollard is not a cricketer."

T20 is fun cricket like WWE. ODI and Test are the real cricket.

Last 3 years against main countries (excl. ireland, zimbabwe)

Bangladesh has the least number of runs through boundaries on an average. Since i rounded off 4s/match/6s/match the actual number of runs through boundaries may be different. But that is the accurate number.

TeamMatAveSR4s

6s
4s/match6s/matchNet runs in boundaries
India7528.65144.041081560
14​
7​
West Indies5524.14136.67606518
11​
9​
Australia4726.91142.82679314
14​
7​
England5224.88138.28701349
13​
7​
South Africa3923.35133.14479246
12​
6​
Sri Lanka4420.1122.84555237
13​
5​
New Zealand5522.88129.35635304
12​
6​
Pakistan5622.84126.33663282
12​
5​
Zimbabwe2416.58112.0429191
12​
4​
Afghanistan3318.11110.74329170
10​
5​
Bangladesh4217.31109.86431151
10​
4​

As the great Michael Holding said, "T20 is not cricket and Pollard is not a cricketer."

Spot On. That's why I mentioned Test cricket in my post, without fail. As I said, this T20 series (WWE as M Holding puts it) will bring on the much needed aggression required by BD in test cricket. They will be a different beast henceforth.

@jnaveen1980 showing their place of BD players in the world order while showing place of BD posters on this forum :). Poor malnutrioned Indian players seems to be hitting on par with beef eating SENA and WI while winning more matches.. WI hits more sixes but hits less boundaries, whereas beef eating monster BD seems to be struggling at the bottom. Is there any sport or international forum where BD excels? or are they just the eternal whipping boys destined to be foot mats of world cricket/sports/forums?

Spot On. That's why I mentioned Test cricket in my post, without fail. As I said, this T20 series (WWE as M Holding puts it) will bring on the much needed aggression required by BD in test cricket. They will be a different beast henceforth.
right ODI and Test cricket where BD is a reigning world champion. there is a saying in my local language, who can't dance always blames the floor. Its skills, abilities, charism, athleticism, hard work, etc is what is missing in BD, not beef and format of cricket. They are utter failures and should be ashamed that a 21-year allrounder playing his second match hit more sixes than their whole team put together.

Last edited by a moderator:
@jnaveen1980 showing their place of BD players in the world order while showing place of BD posters on this forum :). Poor malnutrioned Indian players seems to be hitting on par with beef eating SENA and WI while winning more matches.. WI hits more sixes but hits less boundaries, whereas beef eating monster BD seems to be struggling at the bottom. Is there any sport or international forum where BD excels? or are they just the eternal whipping boys destined to be foot mats of world cricket/sports/forums?
True cricket fan of their nation will try to critically analyze why they their ceiling continues to be low and where they lack. One of the common solution for their problems from their fans is.. if X, Y, Z play and fail their solution replace them with A,B,C. If A,B, C fail their solution is replace them with X,Y,Z. Fact of the matter is A=X, B=Y, C=Z in terms of output. They all have the same problem. Unless they analyze fundamental issues like this they are not going to see any kind of ascendancy kinda like the ascendancy Srilankan cricket saw in 1996.

True cricket fan of their nation will try to critically analyze why they their ceiling continues to be low and where they lack. One of the common solution for their problems from their fans is.. if X, Y, Z play and fail their solution replace them with A,B,C. If A,B, C fail their solution is replace them with X,Y,Z. Fact of the matter is A=X, B=Y, C=Z in terms of output. They all have the same problem. Unless they analyze fundamental issues like this they are not going to see any kind of ascendancy kinda like the ascendancy Srilankan cricket saw in 1996.
All their batsman seem to lack power, like all of them. They look malnutritioned and hardly taller than 5.5. At least they have decent bowlers who can be trained to hit some sixes. The batsman from under 19 look exactly same, again absolute no muscles, talent or skill. Honestly you don't need much muscles, no one will call Rohit muscular and he is probably one of the best six hitters. No one can confuse Azharuddin to have any muscles, he used to unbelievable sixes against spinners. past Indian players like Rahane, Gambir himself, etc hardly had issues hitting sixes when they wanted. Indian under 19 who have come through in the last few years like Jaiswal, Abhishek, Parag, Nitesh, etc are all excellent in hitting sixes. They have grown up watching T20s and are able to do it. But we have BD players who struggle to clear 30 yard circle and look like they are in need of immediate meal in spite of gorging on beep and meat according to their resident posters here.. Its the lack of skills and ability which astounds me.. Almost none of their players will make it into to any top FC teams in India, Australia, England, SA and even possibly NZ and SL.

Waste of time series..

Can't really take performances against this pathetic BD team seriously. Even Ireland or Scotland have better batters who are capable of clearing the ropes regularly.

Boring one sided mauling. No quality cricket going on these days. Hoping for a great BGT.

As some one pointed it out in earlier posts,now which youngster will perform as per our expectations and team combination are the only questions in bilaterals. Good to see how the young crop is doing.It will be a good test in south Africa for the next t20 series.we can measure our progress and team will be mostly the same due to bgt.

Boring one sided mauling. No quality cricket going on these days. Hoping for a great BGT.
If india wins the first test vs nz then they will wipe them out 3 0 as well.

Let's see if nz can give some trouble to india.

If india wins the first test vs nz then they will wipe them out 3 0 as well.

Let's see if nz can give some trouble to india.

Kiwis may get one draw. That's about it. Don't think they can win.

They also got weaker after the retirement of Neil Wagner.

Is india reaching at that point that indin win is feel like boring for indian fan. ( in bilateral series)
Never. I want more wins. Want to crush every team. Will never get tired of winning. But don't care for bilaterals unless it's tests. But still want to win ever game. Don't mid a few losses as long as we win the series. Do not care one bit for odi unless it's wc. We can lose there. If we want to lose I hope it's there. T20 and tests I always want to win.

Tests is. Odi is dying now.
T20 matters more than odi except odi world cup.

Tests
Then t20 wc odi wc
And then rest. No one cares for odi bilaterals. Format will die very soon.

What can we say about this game? It was another dominating performance from India at home. They are trying new guys and they are performing as well for India. Great bench strength.

Yeah his official account
okay, i am out of words. Fully summarizes why BD is in such a awful state as a team and a country. They are way too proud, drunk on their own cool aid and unable to see the world objectively. Even a teenager going through puberty has more self-awareness than these grown-up stars..

India really shouldn't be playing Bangladesh this often .

Our cricketers play way too much - both domestic and international with very little down time and gap between matches.

How often do Australia and England invite BD?

India should follow suit. The schedule is punishing as it is.

Our cricketers play way too much - both domestic and international with very little down time and gap between matches.

Exactly,no need to invite them here .

When are we going on NZ tour?

Exactly,no need to invite them here .

When are we going on NZ tour?
I see its in oct_nov 26. It's a great place. We should visit often there

India scheduled till 27

Australia vs BD

2 tests in 2003 in Aus
2 tests in 2006 in BD
2 tests in 2017 in BD
2 tests in 2020 in BD

This was not really an invitation. The 2 Tests were included in the WTC.

Former India opener Aakash Chopra via his You Tube Channel:

“I think the match was dedicated to Nitish Kumar Reddy. He was made to bat at No. 4, the same position where you get a lot of scoring opportunities. You don’t get that number quickly. Riyan Parag or Rinku Singh could have got that number but the captain and coach sent Nitish to go bat there because they are fast-tracking him.”

“They do not want an allrounder who can replace Hardik but is able to perform shoulder-to-shoulder with him while also being available when required.”

“They (India) asked Nitish to bowl two overs at the start here. He didn’t get a wicket – no issues. He was asked to come later and bowl the 18th and 20th overs. He would definitely get wickets there. It was like a decisive effort that they had to get Nitish Kumar Reddy to do well.”

Back