India 24/1 at Stumps on Day 1 of 4th Test after England are bowled out for 205

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this rate England could get to 150 also.

Zak Crawley vs left-arm finger spin in Asia
Seven inngs
79 balls
33 runs
7 dismissals
Avg 4.71

There is assistance for both the seamers and the spinners out there, but in a sporting way. I’m not seeing balls turning square nor are there clouds of dust.

Therefore, this has primarily become a mental exam for England’s batters. Sibley failed the exam; Crawley also fell, albeit showing some positive intent; and Root, through no fault of his own, got a ripper of a ball.

I’ve been impressed with the counter-attacking skill shown in the Bairstow & Stokes partnership thus far.

If England can scrape together 280, they’ll be in the contest. India meanwhile will want to skittle England for 180 or less and build a first innings lead, which would put England’s batters back under severe pressure.

Hope haseeb hameed has a solid season at Notts, for me he has far more talent and potential than both Sibley or Burns.

There is assistance for both the seamers and the spinners out there, but in a sporting way. I’m not seeing balls turning square nor are there clouds of dust.

Therefore, this has primarily become a mental exam for England’s batters. Sibley failed the exam; Crawley also fell, albeit showing some positive intent; and Root, through no fault of his own, got a ripper of a ball.

I’ve been impressed with the counter-attacking skill shown in the Bairstow & Stokes partnership thus far.

If England can scrape together 280, they’ll be in the contest. India meanwhile will want to skittle England for 180 or less and build a first innings lead, which would put England’s batters back under severe pressure.

The pitch would not get any better to bat , so it was good toss to win by England , a solid first innings score can be crucial here , especially
if England bowl well here , with two spinners

Bowledstowe has just booked his Ashes berth on the basis of this 28.

Bowledstow avoids being bowled by being lbw :))

First inning runs will be very important for England. Hence in the context, Stokes shouldn't throw his wicket as he has got the start.

Bumrah and Siraj bowling in pair for next 7-8 years will be a good sign for India.

The partnership started quite well, Stokes and Bairstow were attacking and putting the Indian bowlers under pressure. After that the Indian bowlers managed to tighten the screws and keep them subdued. Good contest

Siraj is bowling his heart out. Wonderfully set up Root - bowled outswingers, a bouncer and then got him with the one that came back in. Got Bairstow with the one that came back in and at pace!

oops sorry.. approximation issue. close to 88.

Yeah I think he hasnt been figured out. Bowls 133 kph outswingers and suddenly bends one back in 140 + as a surprise delivery . Has accounted for Green, Root and Bairstow. Will be interesting to see how he responds to the challenge when batsmen play primarily for the inswinger .

Last edited:
The best chance for England is to attack and hope all batsmen can play some kind of cameos here.

This present England, Australia , South Africa, Newzealand side can't play and combat quality spin on spin friendly track. They just aren't capable to beat India in India . Even I don't think they will beat Pakistan in Pakistan

Siraj carrying the proud legacy of Indian Muslims when it comes to pace bowling, in particular. Lighting up the Narendra Moti stadium. Great to watch.

Those early two wickets to the future GOAT, Axar Patel will prove to be England's downfall. Had England been 2 down, instead of four, they could have gotten a big total here.

Siraj carrying the proud legacy of Indian Muslims when it comes to pace bowling, in particular. Lighting up the Narendra Moti stadium. Great to watch.

Barring Zaheer Khan, I don't think there was any other world class Indian muslim quick, not sure where this legacy is coming from.

Disappointing performance from a middle order of Root, Stokes and Pope in this series after first test. Let's see if Stokes or Pope can produce a special.

Another wicket before 100 should prompt an action from ICC regarding the pitch.
This. To avoid censure of this pitch, we need to let England pass 100 before they lose their next wicket.

Barring Zaheer Khan, I don't think there was any other world class Indian muslim quick, not sure where this legacy is coming from.

In an Indian all time XI, my bowlers would be Kapil Dev, Jasprit Bumrah, Ashwin, Kumble and fifth is Mohammad Shami.

Barring Zaheer Khan, there was no other world class Indian quick.

There have been good ones like Irfan Pathan and Mohammad Shami.

Barring Zaheer Khan, there was no other world class Indian quick.

There have been good ones like Irfan Pathan and Mohammad Shami.

Nah Irfan was not test match material, Shami is coming into his own, forgot about him.

This. To avoid censure of this pitch, we need to let England pass 100 before they lose their next wicket.

Seems like a decent pitch. Let's see if it is a good pitch or not. For that England need to cross 200 without losing another wicket.

Nah Irfan was not test match material, Shami is coming into his own, forgot about him.

I never said they had to be test match material. He was a good bowler and India's spearhead when he was playing.

Mohammad Nisaar also.

He's a pioneer and a legend. 400 wickets at an average of 17 and apparently very fast. However, I was talking about post-partition.

Stokes has a bowling average of 27 in Asia. Am I reading my data correct?

Batting average - 30

Kohli really missed a trick by having the pacers operate from one end when the spinner was bowling on the opposite end. Shouldve had spinners all the way when Bairstaw and Stokes were at the crease, they should atleast be 6 down by now..

Vs India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka in Asia:-

Batting average - 30
Bowling average - 37

Now, it makes sense.

Poor from Kohli for letting Stokes get settled.

It is a great toss won by England and Joe Root. They have Lawrence coming in at 8. If Stokes bat big, 300 is there to be taken and it will not be easy for India. This will be a great match in my opinion.

Well played Stokes. This is what he should have done after the 1st Test, 1st innings. All we instead saw were pushes, prods and fear.

Virat and Siraj helped him a bit today but good knock nonetheless.

It is a great toss won by England and Joe Root. They have Lawrence coming in at 8. If Stokes bat big, 300 is there to be taken and it will not be easy for India. This will be a great match in my opinion.

Hmm, England are a bowler light though. I would want to call on Stone or Archer. I think Kohli is nailed on for a century.

Hmm, England are a bowler light though. I would want to call on Stone or Archer. I think Kohli is nailed on for a century.

They don't need a bowler as they have Sobers to roll his arm in 2nd and 4th inning. If they would have lost the toss, it would have hurt them big because being a bowler short and then if India batted first would have been asking for trouble.

Now with 8 genuine batsman, England can bat big in first inning and let their spinners- Leach, Bess and Root play the part in 2nd and 4th inning.

I think England will struggle to get to 250 now.

England doesn't deserve to win tosses in India. They won 4/5 tosses last time they visited India and still lost 4-0.

This series seems to be no different.

Pant has such a presence behind stumps, vocally at least!

Horrible horrible wicket! India to fluke another win against England, means naff all! But am happy for all the IT customer service reps who managed to get some time off work to watch this horror show, am ashamed this is on Channel 4 for free in the UK, India are single handedly putting everyone off the Cricket the same way the Great Khali forced millions of viewers to turn off their telly's in North America :mv

You got to be kididng me . This is best wicket of the series

White ball series will be more interesting and much more closely fought that starts next week. For UK viewers, it will be on Sky and not on Channel 4.

Poor batting once again from england. Cant wait till they tour pakistan and get beatings just like they are here in india.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back