India 24/1 at Stumps on Day 1 of 4th Test after England are bowled out for 205

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a good test match pitch. Your runs will be valued but it is not like spinners will get wicket without doing much. Siraj was terrific today.

But am happy for all the IT customer service reps who managed to get some time off work to watch this horror show, am ashamed this is on Channel 4 for free in the UK, India are single handedly putting everyone off the Cricket the same way the Great Khali forced millions of viewers to turn off their telly's in North America :mv

A more dignified way to live than walking the dog and being on welfare :afridi1

Would love to see Olie Pope making some runs here. It will do world of good to his confidence if he gets runs in these conditions.

White ball series will be more interesting and much more closely fought that starts next week. For UK viewers, it will be on Sky and not on Channel 4.

That will be very good contest between two strong LOI teams.

They don't need a bowler as they have Sobers to roll his arm in 2nd and 4th inning. If they would have lost the toss, it would have hurt them big because being a bowler short and then if India batted first would have been asking for trouble.

Now with 8 genuine batsman, England can bat big in first inning and let their spinners- Leach, Bess and Root play the part in 2nd and 4th inning.

Doubt it, India will win.

At this point it is more a question for England of the small battles regarding who gets picked to play NZ. Root, Stokes, Leach and Anderson will. Foakes will give way to the inferior Buttler whose face fits. Everyone else has gone backwards. Broad has badly regressed. Baby Boycott is in with a strong shout if he starts well for Notts, while Woakes and Wasam Acurran will be pushing hard.

Ashwin himself says, don't go for review! This is new.

144/5 at tea.

England need big runs from pope and lawrence here.

Pakistan aren’t as good as India though :runaway: :banned:

Do they even need to be as half as good to beat England on these pitches? Half decent spinners is all you need on these pitches against England. Dissapointing!

This is a good sporting pitch.
Something in it for everyone.
250 would be a base amount of runs for England to work with, but ideally they would want 300.

This is a good sporting pitch.
Something in it for everyone.
250 would be a base amount of runs for England to work with, but ideally they would want 300.

It's the same pitch. Red soil, same amount of grass. Only the ball is different. Less lacquer coat means less zip.

This has been a ordinary batting performance so far, there's no gremlins in this, stats don't lie , only one of England top Order bat averages over 40 which is a real concern.

Pope needs to go on, hes had ample opportunity and it's about time he performed consistently.

Anything over 250 and Eng will have more than enough. Indians are pathetic players of spin nowadays particularly under pressure which they would be in the context of WTC.

Do they even need to be as half as good to beat England on these pitches? Half decent spinners is all you need on these pitches against England. Dissapointing!

Pitch isn’t turning. It’s a good wicket, fair to batters and bowlers. Will be interesting to see how it changes.

Pope is very weak mentally, very dissapointed with this batting performance, to be honest it's basically Root or nothing with the bat!

I have faith in Foakes. He will want to impress in what is probably his last England match.

I have faith in Foakes. He will want to impress in what is probably his last England match.

Reckon he'll play a part in the New Zealand series given that Buttler will be away for the IPL.

Utter disgrace how the ECB have demeaned the value of test cricket by prioritizing white ball cricket.

Reckon he'll play a part in the New Zealand series given that Buttler will be away for the IPL.

Utter disgrace how the ECB have demeaned the value of test cricket by prioritizing white ball cricket.

I hope he gets more of a go, though the selectors might give LBWstow the gloves.

Pitch isn’t turning. It’s a good wicket, fair to batters and bowlers. Will be interesting to see how it changes.

Not specifically talking about this pitch taking about their ability to play spin on any pitch which has slight turn.

Foakes is a very good keeper but his batting skills are overstated. Jos Buttler is a much better batsman in my opinion and would have hit two fifties in this series till now if played all matches.

Not specifically talking about this pitch taking about their ability to play spin on any pitch which has slight turn.

Yeah, they are not like the Three G’s of the eighties. Not much in the way of spinning wickets in England for them to practice on these days.

Foakes is a very good keeper but his batting skills are overstated. Jos Buttler is a much better batsman in my opinion and would have hit two fifties in this series till now if played all matches.

Buttler might also have dropped a couple of catches. Not that it would have mattered in the scheme of things here, but in a more even contest could lose a match.

Dan Lawrence playing a little beauty here.

Bell was talented but a softie. Young Root kept on overshadowing him when he was supposed to be at its peak.

There were a couple of years when Belly averaged 100 in tests. He was a key part of Strauss’s #1 side, and his fourth test century shut India out on the Cook tour.

I thoroughly cursed the guy there. LOL

Wonder if we can poke our way to 210?

300 is a par score on this deck.

England will be 50-75 short.

There is no excuse of pitch in this test Match .just pathetic batting by England

Every time they show Axar's ball tracker, his balls goes dead straight. Not a lot of turn, but accurate at the stumps. He's just darting them!

I mean you ball this in grades cricket, most decent batsmen will hit you over the head.

England batsmen's Achilles heel, slow straight balls!

Joe Root batting performance when I put his pic on my profile:-

228, 1st test vs SL
200, 2nd test vs SL
218, 1st test vs Ind

After removing his pic,

80 runs in 5 innings

:yk

I hope the bowlers show some fight. A decent second innings and remember England have 3 spinners and India bats last.

This is a pretty good surface, if england applied themselves they could have gotten to 300 too.

Would have been game over if we had subsided for 120 or so, but we might still just be hanging by a thread by the end of today, especially if Jimmy can pick up a couple of early wickets.

England have mismanaged Bairstow, there was no reason for him to be sent packing to England for a couple of weeks while the rest of the team travelled to India. Any batting form he had in Sri Lanka was rendered meaningless given the strict quarantine requirements that Bairstow would have been subject to in the UK.

Ed Smith has been utterly incompetent with his selection policies for the test team.

Buttler needs to be part of the Test side. Push Buttler into a corner and he comes out swinging, and when he swings the ball gets deposited outside the stadium. Foakes succumbs to the pressure and is incapable of pushing the score with the tailenders.

I know Foakes is the better keeper especially on turning pitches, but 95% of the time Buttler is the better keeper-batsman choice.

England have mismanaged Bairstow, there was no reason for him to be sent packing to England for a couple of weeks while the rest of the team travelled to India. Any batting form he had in Sri Lanka was rendered meaningless given the strict quarantine requirements that Bairstow would have been subject to in the UK.

Ed Smith has been utterly incompetent with his selection policies for the test team.

Bairstow wouldve been a dud with the bat lol, dude is terrible vs spin...

The game is not over, Anderson with the new ball and when it reverses......plus India bat last against Leach, Root, Bess! Need to get Rohit Sharma cheap.

Bairstow wouldve been a dud with the bat lol, dude is terrible vs spin...

That is beside the point when the team management is practically hindering their own team with dud selection policies. Bairstow was in good form in Sri Lanka, it was always likely that he'd lose his touch twiddling his thumbs under lockdown in the UK.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back