India trail by 100 runs as they reach 77/1 after bowling out Australia for 177 on Day 1

This is really tough to bat on random variations in turn and bounce from the same spots :))

Every touring team has that one batter that has decided to forgo defence. They have this plan of blasting out the home bowlers.

Carey looks like the candidate.

May work for some time. I like the audacity.

Carey's counterattack has given Aussies a chance to remain 8n the test. Well played.

If the Aus. batsmen are going to go with this sweep/reverse sweep strategy, it is going to be quick work for the Ind. spinners.

All that customized conditions in Sydney seems to have done diddly squat. Six down before tea on day one.

Nice counter attack from Carey.

250 is a par score I think.

Virat struggling in the slips

Kohli continuing in the slips is an abomination. It is like having Kamran Akmal in the slips.

I don't remember any Indian team with such a prodigal spin attack. The closest was Kumble, Harbhajan and Ojha. Haven't seen Bedi, Prasanna , Chandrasekhar live

I don't remember any Indian team with such a prodigal spin attack. The closest was Kumble, Harbhajan and Ojha. Haven't seen Bedi, Prasanna , Chandrasekhar live

Last match, man of the matcH Kuldeep is in the dug out. If all 4 combine on a turning wicket they will be deadly.

Kohli continuing in the slips is an abomination. It is like having Kamran Akmal in the slips.
He must have some pics of team management in compromising position. There is no other way to justify him being stationed in slips despite dropping 2 already in this innings and 4 in a single innings in the last test he played.

Had Kuldeep been selected instead of Axar, Aussies would have long gone by now.

Last match, man of the matcH Kuldeep is in the dug out. If all 4 combine on a turning wicket they will be deadly.

Yes, he would have been an automatic choice in any other team. However, keeping Axar out is difficult, he has insane stat in home soil. Also a better batter and fielder

You don't need Axar in the team when you have Jaddu. Kuldeep would have added so much variety to this bowling attack. :inti

Jadeja is Mr Reliable. Certainly missed in the world cup.

DK reminds me of Hafeez. Who hasn't made his way in to the commentary box yet

177 all out .now give me a single wicket example which was lost due to pitch??
Khawaja and Warner out by pacers ,Labu got stumps , Smith bowled out by a peach and Renshaw missed a straight ball ,cary and handscomb due to sweep And reverse shot

Pune Test when we were bowled out for 105 and 107 with O'Keefe picking up 12 is what Australia should try take inspiration from. Todd Murphy should look to do an O'Keefe

Pune Test when we were bowled out for 105 and 107 with O'Keefe picking up 12 is what Australia should try take inspiration from. Todd Murphy should look to do an O'Keefe

Yup. They have a recent template to follow.

Scotty Boland - the most accurate bowler in the history of ball tracking in Test cricket.

Hayden is talking rubbish .he is saying these days most of test match played on flat pitch but this is not case .

Yes, where is that O'Keefe dude gone now? Could have been handy here!

I think [MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION] was right...had India opened with Rohit even in test cricket after CT 2013, he could have been a great test opener. Think we missed that boat and tried finding the correct partner for Dhawan for years ignoring the Hitman.

353923.4.jpg

Who is this Harry Potter that Australia have picked?

Thread is about India v Australia.

NO need to bring in Pakistan

Well batted, Rohit.

First batsman to cross 50 in this game.

Rohit Sharma gets to his 50!

He is currently averaging 69.73 as a Test opener in India which is the highest for any opener playing at home in Test history (min: 1000 runs).

#INDvAUS

Australia has started the series with a very timid mindset. More demons in their minds than this pitch

2.1 million watching on Hotstar though.

KL out like an idiot after playing overly defensively.

Ashwin is our best batsman against spin. Is he being sent as a night watchman?

Ashwin walking out as a night watchman probably for the first time in his career.

Back