India U23s v Pakistan U23s l Emerging Teams Cup Final | 25/8/13 l Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

WebGuru

Senior ODI Player
Runs
Post of the Week
Pakistan Under-23s won the toss and elected to bat

Pakistan U-23s have made one change Mohammad Waqas has come in for Azeem Ghuman, and India U-23s is playing with same XI which they played against UAE.

Most of the games played on this ground had been low scoring.

Pakistan Under-23s
Babar Azam, Mohammad Waqas, Umar Waheed, Mohammad Rizwan†, Usman Salahuddin, Mohammad Nawaz (3), Hammad Azam*, Raza Hasan, Bilawal Bhatti, Usman Qadir, Ehsan Adil.

India Under-23s
KL Rahul, UBT Chand, MC Juneja, SA Yadav*, AR Bawne, AL Menaria, B Aparajith, SK Patel†, AR Patel, Sandeep Sharma (1), S Sandeep Warrier.

Last edited:
that's good..team batting first always has the upper hand in Singapore.

Azeem Ghumman dropped for Mohammed Waqas. Good decision, Azeem Ghumman seemed to be terribly out of form(going by the scores).

is Waqas playing as a batsman? averages just 14 in list A..

:four
Sandeep Warrier to Mohammad Rizwan, FOUR, half volley on legs, driven straight down the ground for a boundary

Baber Azam is batting real slow...just 5 off 21 balls so far.

Pakistan Under-23s 45/2 (14.0 ov)

slow going for Pakistan at the moment

back to back :four s for Umar

Menaria to Umar Waheed, FOUR, gets to the pitch of the bowler, lofts it over long of for a boundary
Menaria to Umar Waheed, FOUR, goes on the knees for a sweep shot and conects well enough to past deep square leg boundary

Pakistan U23 have rebounded well so far. Solid 46 run partnership between Waheed and Salahuddin. 81/2 after 25. #EmergingTeamsCup

Barbars been quite a disappointment considering all the hype about him. Are the wickets he plays on in Pakistan flat?

Umar waheed a better bat than azam for me. Possesses a good cricketing brain

Actually Umar waheed is certainly a lot more mature and assure of himself thus play with a lot more confidance than Babar Azam...I was surprised to read few times now that Babar Azam was late on the ball.

Barbars been quite a disappointment considering all the hype about him. Are the wickets he plays on in Pakistan flat?

He is a good player but don't know why he struggle in Malaysia/Singapore last year he played in Malaysia and scored 14 runs in 2 matches...

His average in Aus, NZ and SA is good...Average of 48 in Australia, 59 in NZ and 35 in SA

he plays on same pitches Umar/Kami have played their whole life..he's a good bat but hasn't been able to perofm against bigger sides..seems like can't bat underpressure..a rare thing in akmals..:kami

I would not say that Babar was over hyped though. he has been playing some very good cricket. Its not so much about tracks to be honest. Its the expectations from him and certainly put a lot of pressure on himself for that. He is found lacking in confidence and his natural flow in this tournament as he is thinking ahead of himself that is to perform and make it to the senior team. He should dwell in the present and concentrate on where he is rather than looking ahead of himself.

Umar Waheed is playing a really good knock under the circumstances..

Pakistan just cannot beat India when it matters. That is a fact and it will proven once again by the end of this game.

Can't see Pakistan winning, very disappointing effort from the batsmen again.

Anyways good luck to both sets of youngsters hope to see some of them in the major team with time.

Pakistan need to stop playing India the nation and start playing India the cricket team.

Umar Waheed falls as well! Run out. Tough tough loss for Pak U23. Hammad Azam comes to the crease now. #EmergingTeamsCup

They all seem to be mentally weak.

They put way too much pressure on themselves. The only way they can succeed is if mentally they treat a match against us just like any other match, until they do that Pak will continue to lose to us in big tournaments.

Why did they just play Waqas?The guy averages just 14 in list A..

Do you think the U19 team could beat the U23s?

They got some good players but i don't think they can beat this U23 team the real problem is mental weakness and it's even in our senior team when it comes to pressure matches...

Let's see if cricinfo was right they mentioned Most of the games played on this ground had been low scoring.

They got some good players but i don't think they can beat this U23 team the real problem is mental weakness and it's even in our senior team when it comes to pressure matches...
Maybe a final between SL and India would have been better this is turning into a one sided affair.

Baba Aparajith is running through the Pak U23 batting. Hammad Azam and Mohammad Waqas both fall! 100/6 after 33 overs. #EmergingTeamsCup

Don't lose hope guys.

Remember, Afghans defended 180 against us.

Anything in that area, I would call the match even stevens.

Keep faith!

In the U-19 World Cup Final, Pakistan were bowled out for 136 and then the bowlers fought with their hearts out to take 9 wickets.

if Pakistan manages to get to 150+ then may be we have a chance..

Indians get so annoyed with how good Pak bowlers are.

We had to face the torture of Wasim, Waqar, Akhtar and Saqlain for many many years.

Any good/great potential bowlers in this side of yours?

LOL at taking revenge from India...

Why cant our players keep their mouth shut !!!

Indians get so annoyed with how good Pak bowlers are.

We had to face the torture of Wasim, Waqar, Akhtar and Saqlain for many many years.

Any good/great potential bowlers in this side of yours?
From what I've seen so far they have one decent spinner the rest are nothing special.

From what I've seen so far they have one decent spinner the rest are nothing special.

Thank god. Hopefully you are right.

I still rememeber watching the highlights of Anwar Ali's spell when he destroyed us in the U19 World Cup final.

What the hell was that?

Woo..another wicket down as I am typing this.

Go Indians, get the Pakis out fast.

Raza Hassan tries to play across the line but to no avail. Caught and bowled. Pakistan are 103/7 after 36 overs. #EmergingTeamsCup

Thank god. Hopefully you are right.

I still rememeber watching the highlights of Anwar Ali's spell when he destroyed us in the U19 World Cup final.

What the hell was that?

Woo..another wicket down as I am typing this.

Go Indians, get the Pakis out fast.
India have the better bowlers imo, I think the well has truly dried in Pakistan they dearly need Amir back to lead the Pakistan attack of the players I've seen they're no where close to the greats before them :ehsan :rahat :tanvir :junaid :anwara

Last edited:
India have the better bowlers imo, I think the well has truly dried in Pakistan they dearly need Amir back to lead the Pakistan attack of the players I've seen they're no where close to the greats before them :edhil :rahat :tanvir :anwar :junaid

One loss is easy to make this kind of claim. The youngies have played great up till this point. Losses happen. No need to clamor for the return of guys that tarnished the reputation of our cricket.

I think they can beat this U-23 team easily...

One loss is easy to make this kind of claim. The youngies have played great up till this point. Losses happen. No need to clamor for the return of guys that tarnished the reputation of our cricket.
Hardly they barely beat SL U23s and lost quite convincingly to India 23s before as well. Amir at the age of 19 was miles ahead of any of the bowlers Pakistan have today, I'm not Pakistani so I don't know how a Pakistani would feel having him back but as a fan I'd much rather prefer to see him bowl than any other of your other bowlers who are nothing more than trundlers or spray guns.

Last edited:
India have the better bowlers imo, I think the well has truly dried in Pakistan they dearly need Amir back to lead the Pakistan attack of the players I've seen they're no where close to the greats before them :ehsan :rahat :tanvir :junaid :anwara

Are you comparing national team bowlers...

Junaid, Irfan and Gul are still better than all of indian bowlers, though i agree our standards have come down, but it was always expected after ban on amir and asif, but still our bowling attack a lot better than them

Are you comparing national team bowlers...

Junaid, Irfan and Gulare still better than all of indian bowlers, though i agree our standards have come down, but it was always expected after ban on amir and asif, but still our bowling attack a lot better than them
Not trolling when I say this but I think BK is a better prospect than all 3 with Irfan being the exception in ODI's.

Baba Aparajith is bowling like a man possessed. His figures so far: 5 overs - 10 runs - 3 wickets. #EmergingTeamsCup

I think they can beat this U-23 team easily...

In current situation it will look easy...But in reality there is a big difference...Those U19 players are still young and raw talent they looked better because they were also playing against same age young guys...

These U23 guys have already improved most of these guys were part of U19 before a couple of years and 4 of them played for Pakistan senior team too only issue with this team is mental weakness and the batting line showed it that they can't handle the pressure...

Last edited:
Why did Hammad choose to bat first?.. India are known to be good chasers regardless of grade..

Well at least the tail is better both of these guys Qadir and Adil can hit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back