India v Australia | 3rd ODI | Delhi | 31/10/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

OZGOD

Senior Test Player
Runs
Post of the Week
About to go to bed, but apparently the OZ have won the toss and decided to bat. The teams according to Cricinfo:

Teams: Three changes for Australia. The teams are up above. As you can see, Bollinger replaces Hilfenhaus, Manou comes in for Paine while Moises Henriques replaces Shaun Marsh. It's also Henriques' debut.

Toss: Australia are batting. Ponting's happy to win it. We'll give you the teams shortly. India are unchanged. Manou aside, Ponting indicated there were a couple more changes.

www.cricinfo.com

Where's Marsh ?? :akmal

LOL Dubya is opening. On that note I'm off to bed - cyaz all tomorrow, when we have ground India into the Feroz Shah Kotla dirt (I may let live to regret saying this).

Ponting as opener? Seems he is determined to play a captain's knock here

We should declare it a national holiday if Dhoni wins the toss against Oz atleast once this series...

Punter in his only other opening innings scored 88 Not Out. Not a good sign for Indians, although the opposition was Bangladesh. :p

Bublu Bhuyan said:
Would have liked to watch India bat first.

Yes one billion other wanted that too. Let us see if India can win a match chasing. Its not allways about winning toss, scoring 300+ and let the bowlers do the rest.

Ouch, that must have hurt, but it is ok since its Gambhir :D

Before 20 overs bowled India have used 6 different bowlers. Only in India that can happen.

IAJ said:
Yes one billion other wanted that too. Let us see if India can win a match chasing. Its not allways about winning toss, scoring 300+ and let the bowlers do the rest.
Well, haven't Australia won their only match by doing the exact same thing in this series till now ?

Bublu Bhuyan said:
Well, haven't Australia won their only match by doing the exact same thing in this series till now ?

Well I am not talking about this series alone. Dhoni is a good captain but his luck depends too much on toss. You like it or not, that is fact.

Just get the feeling Aus is playing into India's hands here... not taking any risk, i highly doubt they would be able to defend a score of 240... they need atleast 270

Ponting goes

^^ he was given ct behind
It didn' t touch the bat at all

Indian Umpire + indian(appeal) = OUTTTTTTTTTT
Indian Umpire + Aus(appeal) = :13: :13: :13: :13: :13:

Last edited:
Ok after watching replay Cam White was clearly out snicko shows a nick while bat was in the air just a feather.. GOOD CALLL IT WAS OUT..

i am sorry but after looking at both ponting and whites out there is something wrong with the technology. How the hell howkeye says ball was strate when it turned after pitching. In whites case you could see the slight space between bat and ball when they showed it from the back view and sniko still showed an edge

very slow going by us here.

Is it the pitch or are we just batting badly?

well we finish on 229.

Let's see if that will be enough. Need early wickets.

I dont thnk so mate. Just go out there and face a few bowls from the spinners or aussies paceman you will find out how hard it is to play shots on this slow pitch. I think 230 should be a match winning score if the aussies bowl good.

Thats one dangerous batting line up against a "B" aussie team. Aussies stand no chance here, or may i say this whole tour.

Aussies r.i.p

Now imagine Pak vs Ind, that means business! :D

India 37/1 what a good bowling by johnson&johnson

Last edited:
Romali_rotti said:
Ok after watching replay Cam White was clearly out snicko shows a nick while bat was in the air just a feather.. GOOD CALLL IT WAS OUT..

Pretty much every decision so far has been spot on perfect, except that one where Ponting was hit plumb on for LBW by Jadeja but was given not out. Ironic Jadeja later on got him in the exact same fashion, which was also plumb.

India doing their atmost best to setup a 10 runs to win per over stage.. And SRT now run out could be a blessing, he was looking tired..

Tendu runout,

Big blow as I'm pretty sure the likes of Yuvraj and Raina will struggle on this pitch.

Game on Gambhir and Dhoni now I feel

Gambhir bowled by Hauritz
India 53-3 after 15.2 overs - need 177 more to win

Cricinfo said:
Henriques to Tendulkar, OUT, he's run out by a couple of yards, Johnson hits the target, he pushes a full delivery down to mid-off and risks the single, the ball is to Johnson's left and that allows him to gather and release it quickly, the run-out was fairly obvious, the umpire confirms with the man upstairs. Tendulkar in fact had to run around the bowler so he lost a precious second or two there

SR Tendulkar run out 32 (47b 2x4 0x6) SR: 68.08

What a pathetic whiners these guys are.

"Tendulkar in fact had to run around the bowler:"
:6: :6: :6: :6:
Whats wrong with saying that --- he made a "stupid" judgment. It was bad call. He made a mistake ---- but no, it can never be "his" fault.

"he's run out by a couple of yards"
"he lost a precious second or two there."

Is the genuis doing commentary on Cricinfo talking about Usain Bolt or Grandpa Sachin that he could have made a couple of yards in two seconds?

JeeraBlade said:
What a pathetic whiners these guys are.

"Tendulkar in fact had to run around the bowler:"
:6: :6: :6: :6:
Whats wrong with saying that --- he made a "stupid" judgment. It was bad call. He made a mistake ---- but no, it can never be "his" fault.

"he's run out by a couple of yards"
"he lost a precious second or two there."

Is the genuis doing commentary on Cricinfo talking about Usain Bolt or Grandpa Sachin that he could have made a couple of yards in two seconds?

lol! true, i noticed that as well!

Indians are under pressure right now, they are not accelerating the innings as they would like to, or else if you have yuvraj, and Dhoni on the crease you would expect the team to fire, but hats off to ausis for bowling well.

The Australian side has so far looked awesome. It won't be easy for Pakistan at all later this year.

Bublu Bhuyan said:
The Australian side has so far looked awesome. It won't be easy for Pakistan at all later this year.

Forget Australia....we just make it difficult enough for ourselves! :p

Amir said:

lol! but this time it would be us who make the mistakes, it will be them who do inshallah, and inshallah we will win!

Amir said:
Australia really looked out of sorts till the Ashes this year, but have come back superbly since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back