India v Ireland | World T20 | Trent Bridge | 10/6/09

Da Best

First Class Star
Runs
India with a strong squad agasint Ireland. Interesting too see how this dead rubber pans out.

Ireland looking to make it three out of three vs Subcontinent teams !

5.48 pm Rain has stopped and the covers are coming off.

News just in. It will be a 6.20 pm start. Dhoni runs out to the middle to have a look at the conditions.
6:20 is 22 minutes from now

The toss will happen soon. They are saying it's likely to be 18-over game.

I think this is Good news for India if match is shortened to get some practice for that. They probably would like it to be around 12-14 over

Last edited:
18 overs a side game then. Hope Ireland do something to the Indians.

Ireland do seem hopelessly out of their depth though in the t20 format cant seem to bat with any aggression at all so far and even against bangladesh they started off very slowly in their innings.

Ireland playing the Indian bowlers into form. Even Irfan looked good in the opening over.

Ireland have realised that Irfan is there to be hit.....but they are not quite pulling it off yet.

The Indian bowlers are nothing, they have no zip, pace, swing, nothing.

Zaheer looked ok to be fair. Some swing, and a bit of pace. But this is Ireland....

Also Ishant was great against us in the warm up game...

Last edited:
right so this is setup to be one of the worst innings of the tournament

Those nothing bolwers took more wickets than the best bowling team in the last encounter :p

Seems like ireland are going to struggle even to get to the 60 - 70 mark here perhaps

YESSSSSS! How can we loose from Ireland. I still can't believe it and I can't wait till monday for some revenge.

insaftak said:
YESSSSSS! How can we loose from Ireland. I still can't believe it and I can't wait till monday for some revenge.

totally agree , i can't forget 2007

OMG, Why Ishant is wearing so much stuff around his neck ? looks like he is too superstitious.

quite frankly i dont want this to be a easy game ...hopefully IRE can score at least 140 here ...some of our batsmen cud do with some practice

jusarrived said:
quite frankly i dont want this to be a easy game ...hopefully IRE can score at least 140 here ...some of our batsmen cud do with some practice
Absolutely, and I want Raina to play some good overs.

insaftak said:
you guys lost to bangladesh, What a horrible world cup that was

It was horrible indeed.

And Ojha strikes first ball.

4th down.

insaftak said:
you guys lost to bangladesh, What a horrible world cup that was

Its what made it such a poor tourament in so many peoples eyes, commercially as well as in regards to the competition for the top sides. India and Pakistan, to a lesser extent, need to go through for a sucessful tournament commercially.

poor poor fielding. Raina is usually a good fielder. Why couldn't he do that against us?

Zahid87 said:
poor poor fielding. Raina is usually a good fielder. Why couldn't he do that against us?
I think it was Ojha's mistake not to catch the throw. Raina has just one stump view to throw at.

Garuda said:
I think it was Ojha's mistake not to catch the throw. Raina has just one stump view to throw at.

Raina just needed to lob it to the bowler, the Batsman was miles out. A low flat throw is never easy for the bowler to collect.

Harbhajan completely foxes Wilson with the doosra. Nice to see that. Most players can now pick it and you rarely get to see a batsman decieved like that anymore.

i still don't know

why they put india, ireland and bangladesh in same squad?
how does that work?

saqeeb90 said:
how does that work?
There is another thread on this topic already :)

Check that out. you will get a lot of details .

saqeeb90 said:
how does that work?

Since India is Put in a group of Bangla and IRE there is separate Thread on this ... just look for that thread .. You would get the answers

India should chase 113 down wth ease...

The return to fitness of zaheer khan is a huge boost to them...

The only bad thing about minnows making it is that there is a very large possibility of a one sided match.

however bangala would have fared no better

India 67/0 and cruising here... GG and rohit getting batting practice.

Back