Pakistan U19s (182/7) defeat Ireland U19s (181) by 3 wickets to win their first game of Super 6 stage in the ICC U19 World Cup

Cricket Warrior

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
1706575546358.png

Pakistan U19 is the clear favorite to defeat Ireland in their Super Six match. They convincingly won against Afghanistan, Nepal, and New Zealand with substantial margins in the group stage. In their latest group stage encounter, Pakistan U-19 secured a 10-wicket victory over New Zealand, dismissing them for only 140 runs.

In contrast, Ireland won their sole group stage match against the USA. They faced a six-wicket defeat against Bangladesh and a 201-run loss against India. With limited experience, facing an in-form Pakistan team poses a significant challenge for Ireland. In their previous game, Ireland was bowled out for 100 after conceding 301 runs against India.

Pakistan's pace unit is in exceptional form, and the spinners have also been impressive. Ireland faces a tough task surviving against Pakistan, and beating them will undoubtedly be a daunting challenge.

When: January 30, 1:00 PM PST

Where: Senwes Park, Potchefstroom

Squads:

Ireland U19 Squad: Jordan Neill, Ryan Hunter(w), Kian Hilton, Philippus le Roux(c), Scott MacBeth, Macdara Cosgrave, John McNally, Carson McCullough, Oliver Riley, Daniel Forkin, Finn Lutton, Reuben Wilson, Harry Dyer, Gavin Roulston, Matthew Weldon

Pakistan U19 Squad: Shamyl Hussain, Shahzaib Khan, Azan Awais, Saad Baig(w/c), Haroon Arshad, Arafat Minhas, Ubaid Shah, Mohammad Zeeshan, Ahmad Hassan, Ali Asfand, Naveed Ahmed Khan, Ali Raza, Amir Hassan, Khubaib Khalil, Mohammad Riazullah

==

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

Pakistan U19 should be looking to start their Super 6 campaign with a win. No team is easy at this level TBH so give it everything and win it.

Toss Update:

Pakistan U19 won the toss and elected to field first.

Toss Update:

Pakistan U19 won the toss and elected to field first.

3tHFrFS.png

Last edited:
Pacy bouncer from Amir Hasan , he should bowl that more often as his length delivery are military medium anways.

Ali Raza looking as quick as Vidler and Maphaka , really hitting the bat hard and almost a got a wicket on his first delivey.

Ubaid the only wicket-taker atm - need another soon

Ali Raza has taken a wicket now. A good length area was targeted again and again and results are here. Beautifull spell this is by these youngsters. Treat to watch this bowling.

Ali Raza got a wicket off pacy delivery , He doesn't seems to be getting any movement off the surface , just gun barrel straight but with pace.

Ali Raza got a wicket off pacy delivery , He doesn't seems to be getting any movement off the surface , just gun barrel straight but with pace.
Yeah. He is hitting the length hard and he's tall so a bit of extra bounce for him as well.

3rd one down. Ahmed hassan this time. Pretty soft dismissal. Pakistan U19 is on the top ATM>

Ahmed is a very good bowler for an batting allrounder to be honest , he can move the bowl both ways with decent enough (122k-130k) pace and is fairly accurate as well.

Ahmed is a very good bowler for an batting allrounder to be honest , he can move the bowl both ways with decent enough (122k-130k) pace and is fairly accurate as well.
Yeah he is a good bowler. Can improve though, very raw atm. SOmetimes gets carried away and bowls freebies. Good today so far.

Raza is not making the batter play , should target his body as both the batters looking at unease while facing his pace.

Ubaid Shah really unlucky today , bowled beautifully and could have atleast 2 more wickets , another inside edge missing stumps as I type this.

Saad Baig reminds me of Sarfraz as captain. Gelling the team together. Knowing the players. Sensible wicket keeper batter.

Saad Baig reminds me of Sarfraz as captain. Gelling the team together. Knowing the players. Sensible wicket keeper batter.
He is better than all the Pak captains I have seen while growing up. Too bad he is just an average batter , hopefully he can improve that aspect.

He is better than all the Pak captains I have seen while growing up. Too bad he is just an average batter , hopefully he can improve that aspect.
Average batting will do for now. If he's a good captain and a WK. That's a good player to have in your side.

Another nasty bouncer from Raza to end the over. He satisfied my hunger for seeing a true pace bowler in the worldcup from our side

Raza doesn't come across who will get many wickets but atleast he is quicker than Naman Tiwari , Mapakha and even Vidler off the surface.

Not a single delivery from Raza who hasn't hurried on to the batsmen and made him uncomfortable , even though he goes for 15 runs so far but not a single confident looking shot from any batsmen towards him , Now this is some serious pace.

just realised Bangladesh are playing nepal tomorrow in this group so it is very important we win this match with good run rate. As losing against them last match could be an issue.

Wicket seems to be died down considerably , nothing in it for the bowlers right now , even the spin is very slow.

Amir Hasan on to the attack , should bowl some short pitch stuff in order to try and get a wicket.

last wicket troubling us again i was hoping for good run rate but i think happy with the win now.

Pakistan v Ireland 181 all out (48.4 overs) in Potchefstroom

Toss: Pakistan won the toss and elected to field

Disciplined work from Pakistan bowlers meant that Ireland crept at a run rate of one for the first five overs. This pressure yielded a wicket, as Ubaid Shah had Jordan Neill caught off his bowling. The batter tried to pull but the ball reached him earlier than he had anticipated, and a top edge went straight to Ubaid.

Ireland's innings lost its balance in the first half of the second Powerplay. They lost five wickets for merely 50 runs. All of the batters fell while trying to seize the initiative away from Pakistan. Ali Raza, Ahmad Hassan and Amir Hassan picked a wicket apiece, while Ubaid had a second breakthrough in the 24th over.

Ireland had their first proper partnership of the game when John McNally and Harry Dyer came together for the seventh wicket. By the time Dyer perished to Haroon Arshad in the 37th over, the duo had put together 65 runs, which was two more than the effort of first six wickets combined. Ireland were still far away from a fighting total and needed a late push.

Despite McNally's fighting 53, Ireland couldn't up the ante in the last Powerplay. They were bowled out by the 49th over. Ubaid was once again Pakistan's star with 3/31.

Pakistan, who sit at the second spot in Group 1 of the Super Six stage, will look to continue their unbeaten run in the tournament. They’d hope their vast array of talented players continue delivering the goods.

Ireland would hope that they get it right early against Pakistan. Kian Holton and Ollie Riley, their main performers in the group stage, would look to make main contributions today as well.

I always feel bad for gora teams in any age related competition.

Ireland are sitting there today with their proper registered date of birth certificates.

Whereas we’re sending them 25 year olds from the Pind

4 down ....oh dear typical collapse. Should have finished the irish off when they could now bangladesh and India favourites to go through

I am keen to see how ahmed Hassan will perform against better oppositions. Him and Ubaid Shah look like the only 2 real prospects to me

no today i thought Raza guy was very good even though he only got one wicket looked the paciest bowler.

Ahmed hassan should be developed by PCB as an all rounder.
Agree. So pleasing on the eye. Correct and nimble footwork,likes to rotate strike and a boundary hitter too.
With the ball he's s got decent control and moves it both ways.

If Pakistan win world cup Pakistan awaam will think these kids are world beaters and will want them in national team and if the don't win they'll think they're mediocre. What we need to understand is results are a plus point at this level and main thing is if 2/3 make it to national level. Pakistan need to get these kids more under 19 and A tours especially to SENA countries and make sure they play 1st class cricket

Back