India v New Zealand | 1st Test | Bengaluru | October 16-20 | Match Discussion

I remember DIon Nash bowled India out for 83 runs in one of the match where first innings was hard to bat. In the 2nd dig India scored 503/3. This pitch looks that way

ahahaha rohit tulla useless vs swing
kohli tulla useless vs swing
sarfraz useless vs swing

what a joke.

so, who is not a tulla in the indian team and thoroughly deserves their place, as per you?
dont rate any of them vs swing.
i would try new players

try from domestic. so many good talents
try paddikal
pradosh
eeshwaran who actually plays swing well.

what a call. opposition bowlers lover cloudy weather. hey, lets bat under cloudy weather.

looks life rohit left his brains in the jar somewhere

Sarfaraz again showing why he was never trusted by management or selection committee ahead of KL.he looked extremely uncomfortable in mere 3 balls.He should have stuck and made a point.

These are perfect bowling conditions for seamers, Why did India decide to bat first? Is it because they have only 2 spinners?

first hour story -NZ all over india....tough seam swing conditions....cloudy, overcast , floodlights on....conditions are more eng/nz than SC

India are only playing to seamers. Looking at the conditions right now. This is interesting. While I do think Indian spinners are good enough that an extra pacer will not be missed but Siraj and Bumrah will have to take the bulk of load with the new ball and they will have to be at their absolute best.

INdia should have never tried to counter attack. This is not the condition where you can counter attack. IT is very very hard. That was totally irresponsible from Rohit. Sarfraz playing that shot two feet outside the crease was another brain fade.

2002 drop in pitches in NZ this is somewhat similar to that. Batting first ia lottery. india stupidly batted first.
My guess is looking at weather forecast lesser rains or none in last 2 days and they are banking on pitch being sticky, crackly.

generally when it seams with moisture on wicket it aids spin as well, case in point Hamilton test 2009 - Harbie ran thru NZ on the last day to win the test for us. Maybe their hunch might come good on last day who knows, Kulli might be the trump card:)

2002 drop in pitches in NZ this is somewhat similar to that. Batting first ia lottery. india stupidly batted first.
Silly decision to bat first and sillier to go with 3 spinners.
Of course it might be too early and in the end their plan might turn out to be right.

Remember if conditions ease out, India are very much capable of scoring 500 in second innings.

Finally, weather isnt looking too good, so we might not have a full game too.

If it's a short spell of rain. I think it hurts India more. Because conditions are tough. Batters will need to come, adjust and set themselves again. Matt Henry and Tim Southee will get a much needed rest and they can potentially come again for another spell.

Rohit made a foolish decision. Winning the toss on this pitch is like hitting a jackpot. He should have asked New Zealand to bat first, as the conditions are tough and it's not easy to bat.

If it's a short spell of rain. I think it hurts India more. Because conditions are tough. Batters will need to come, adjust and set themselves again. Matt Henry and Tim Southee will get a much needed rest and they can potentially come again for another spell.
True!

In short hindsight, Axar Patel in place of Kuldeep would have been great (batting-wise)

So it was kiwis as always.

India losing 3+ wickets for 10 runs or below at home (since 1990)

7 runs vs NZ, Mohali, 1999
2 runs vs NZ, Ahmedabad, 2010
10 runs vs NZ, Bengaluru, 2024*

Who was comfortable there? lol Everyone looked uncomfortable.
Yeah everyone was uncomfortable but its a golden opportunity for sarfaraz to make his namefor tough situations. He was extremely lucky to miss out the first ball duck and his dismissal with out even moving feet was abysmal.

So it was kiwis as always.

India losing 3+ wickets for 10 runs or below at home (since 1990)

7 runs vs NZ, Mohali, 1999
2 runs vs NZ, Ahmedabad, 2010
10 runs vs NZ, Bengaluru, 2024*
I remember the 1999 match where Nash was running rings around potent INdian batting line up. But pitch eased out later. India scored massively in the 2nd innings. But this is nothing like that. With rain around all 5 days NZ will enjoy conditions all 5 days.

Yeah everyone was uncomfortable but its a golden opportunity for sarfaraz to make his namefor tough situations. He was extremely lucky to miss out the first ball duck and his dismissal with out even moving feet was abysmal.
He is a counter attacking batsman. That is how he bats. Probably somebody should have told him to stay out there.

India lost 34/3 against Bangladesh at chennai. That pitch was not even this dificult. Bowling quality here is out of the world. So this was always on the cards.

India lost 34/3 against Bangladesh at chennai. That pitch was not even this dificult. Bowling quality here is out of the world. So this was always on the cards.
bowling quality in swing friendly conditions is out of the world. caveat

Jaiswal has survived 43 balls in these conditions where Rohit, Virat and Sarf couldnt handle the pressure.. WOw!

Kohli should gracefully retire from test cricket or BCCI will show him doors like Babar Azam. He seems so uninterested in playing cricket these days. 🤦🏻‍♀️
Bhai khelkar fans pe upkar nahi kr kr raha hu🤦🏻‍♀️

This is absolutely great to watch!

Accurate penetrating bowling and conditions favoring seamers. And dogged defensive batting with sprinkling of attacking strokes!

Will india lose this one. I will be here only if india loses. LOL. But I m sure they will find a way to win.

most incompetent board when it comes to scheduling. bcci. congrats bcci
dumb as bricks. hang your heads in shame. heads should roll.
useless management.

if it wasnt for the popularity of cricket in india, this board would be a laughing stock. just flexing their financial muscle and power they have attained by taking advantage of indian fan following.

bcci has its issues , but scheduling is a global issue . Gower himself lamented pcb cudnt lock venues till last moment .

scheduling isnt one of the best attributes of any board . be it bcci or ecb . it doesnt rain much in australia isliye its easier for them

theres so much politics that they have to please all involved in bcci.

Climate change has made sure it rains where its never supposed to rain in september oct. for e.g its very rare too see 2 day or 3 days rain in kanpur or north india in sept oct.

even with brain a board cant escape climate change.

Series to ek taraf .. that world cup in england...it was a bloody joke ... entire matches , group stage , semi finals were washed out .

bcci still doing a better job than ecb and most other boards who don't have such variations to deal with .

33-5. Can you imagine India being in this situation in India.

I would blame the person/persons who thought batting first was a good idea!

33-5. Can you imagine India being in this situation in India.

I would blame the person/persons who thought batting first was a good idea!
Gamball who else. On cloud nine after pummeling Bangbros ...thinking Kiwi pie khaenge Banglore mei. khud bang ho gaye flat track bullies . especially after losing wtc final to same Kiwis few years back .

Rahul Dravid ki haay lagi hai aaj indian team ko. Aur khelo Gamball

Now everything depends on this 7th wicket. Lucky Rishabh and Youtuber Ashwin have to do something now onwards.

Bumrah might be the only one who might be licking his lips, but he would be bowling to NZ batters in NZ-like conditions and he and Siraj and the three spinners would be at a serious disadvantage.

I hope to see Pant score some interesting runs

Back