India v Pakistan | 1st Test | Delhi | 24/11/07 | Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
And four more off the legs to wmidwicket!

These two looking ominous! And the runs are flowing.

W63L35 said:
I did say "this" innings...didn't I. So the 1st innings does not count.
Plus...look like you are NOT watching the match.....because none of the 60 balls Gangu bowled troubled or frustrated the batsmen! Hence...he is already taken off...which Kumble should have done a couple of overs ago.

...and it DOES makes differece if you are playin ODI or test....sepcially in this situation...... India DOES need wickets.
Yasir is out BTW!

I am getting a feeling that you are trying to get personal with me, your comment "Plus...look like you are NOT watching the match" clearly shows that, I simply said what I thought and believed in. You asked a question why Kumble was persisting with Gangu in an open forum? and I said what I thought was most fitting in that situation, then you went on to say that this is not ODIs......
"I did say "this" innings...didn't I. So the 1st innings does not count."
So you theory suggests that if a bowler bowls well in the first innings, you completely rule him out in the 2nd. I will let you be the judge of it.
Go back and read my comments again, I never said that Gangu's bowling was troubling or frustrating our openers.

"he is already taken off..." Obviously bowlers usually bowl a spell of 5 overs, cause after that they start to get tired.

.".and it DOES makes differece if you are playin ODI or test....sepcially in this situation...... India DOES need wickets." This is what you think and I have all the respect in the world for your comments, views and opinions where as I think differently, and obviously kumble and some of the commentators as well.
Also Kumble using Gangu, can have many different angles that you could look from, but that's another debate.
Sometimes when your main bowlers are not effective in the beginning, the captain of the team tries their weakest bowler, just to trick the batsmen, and it has paid off many times, I guess you have watched enough cricket to know this. I said this to you before and I am saying it to you again, people can think differently and can have different ideas and strategies, but I guess you are getting me completely wrong AND this is the second time.
It seems that we can never be on the same page, but I am glad that we are supporting the same team. I will try not to come in your way again. Again no offense was intended, and I am just trying to be friendly here. :)

Pakistan has done a very good job

Last edited:
Tea - Day 3
Pak-108/1 (35.0 ov)
Pakistan lead by 63 runs with 9 wickets remaining
Min overs remaining 42.0

108 for 1 at tea (63)

Butt not out 47
Younis not out 19

partnership of 37*

Fantastic stuff from Pakistan in the first two sessions today. We are edging ahead in this game now. Another nice session for us after tea just to cement it would be perfect. Come on boys!

Great Job done by the batsmen so far. Need to captialize on it. But again

Good job Pakistan ke jawano!
Keep it up for a couple of sessions more (atleast).

Pakistan well and truly on top at tea. They have won two sessions in a row, and if they do well in the next session as well, They will make it very difficult for India to come back.

Kumble's captaincy is being put to test.

Salman Butt looking great out there. very positive innings from him.

Waqar is pleased as punch in the Neo show.

Caved12 said:
I am getting a feeling that you are trying to get personal with me, your comment "Plus...look like you are NOT watching the match" clearly shows that, I simply said what I thought and believed in.
No.no.....I am not getting personal with you. I am sorry if it felt like that. The only reason I asked if you are watching the match because there was not A SINGLE delivery that Gangu bowled to trouble the batsmen...and I wanted to see if you saw that. Thats all.....!!! Everything else are your and my opinions....and believe me there is NO prizes for winning an argument on this forum! ;-)

Pakistan need another 3 sessions of good solid batting and then thoughts can turn to maybe winning this match!

waqar not happy with Pakistan shots. saying no good. only God can make u happy, waqar buttaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Ganguly bowled too many overs in my opinion, and Kumble underbowled himself.

XFactor said:
Ganguly bowled too many overs in my opinion, and Kumble underbowled himself.
that's y we should've attacked him. a person like afridi would've put gangs in his place.

Butt has looked good on this IND tour; hopefully he can get a big one this innings. He will also be a key against Kumble on this tour.

Pakistan are only 60 odd ahead - the game is still very much balanced however the next session is clearly going to set up the upper hand going into the last two days for either team.

The third sessions have been good for batting compared to the second innings in the first two days. Pakistan would love to see the pattern continue.

I think we should look to get a lead of about 200, and then start playing our strokes. Maybe declare 15 over after lunch tomorrow (Hopefully).

Pathan007 said:
that's y we should've attacked him. a person like afridi would've put gangs in his place.

probably would have got bowled playing an ugly slog across the line

I would like to be in the Indian dressing room right now. Wondering what their strategy could be for the final session.

Will they have a longish spell with Tendulkar bowling on the rough?

Or will they realize that Kumble should perhaps operate from one end as long as he can?

J. Embury (Fox) seems to be a great fan of using Shoaib as a strike bowler for two-three overs bursts as he believes he comes really steaming in and puts batsmen on back-foot.

saaretjie said:
I think we should look to get a lead of about 200, and then start playing our strokes. Maybe declare 15 over after lunch tomorrow (Hopefully).

that's way too soon. No need to even think about declaring. Just look to bat, bat and bat.

Waqar says that Harbhajan is still in the one-day mode and he is not EXPARIMANTING enough.

Momo said:
J. Embury (Fox) seems to be a great fan of using Shoaib as a strike bowler for two-three overs bursts as he believes he comes really steaming in and puts batsmen on back-foot.
wasn't the case this morning. bowled medium pace.

I like the way Waqar uses the singular noun sometimes..

like "Indian not fielding well"

"Pakistani batted well in the session" etc... :D

W63L35 said:
No.no.....I am not getting personal with you. I am sorry if it felt like that. The only reason I asked if you are watching the match because there was not A SINGLE delivery that Gangu bowled to trouble the batsmen...and I wanted to see if you saw that. Thats all.....!!! Everything else are your and my opinions....and believe me there is NO prizes for winning an argument on this forum! ;-)

"and believe me there is NO prizes for winning an argument on this forum! ;-)" Absolutely not, I wish there were ;-) .
If at any stage I feel that you and I are thinking alike, trust me I won't let that opportunity go, and will let you know that in a very supporting manner.
:)
As for respect, I have a great amount of respect for Pakpassion management team and the moderators here, cause you guys are the one who gave us this wonderful forum and connected all of us from different worlds, and I can't thank you enough for this. :19: I am 27 and have seen a bit of a life and experienced it to know that it takes a bigger heart to be working volunteerilly and in the love of something, like you have for this great forum. :)

Momo said:
Was he? Actually I wasnt watching in the morning.

he knew Danny would clean them up so he was saving his energy for the second innings, I hope.

Hash said:
probably would have got bowled playing an ugly slog across the line

Hash and speaking against Afridi (or have i got the person wrong)

Morninng / Afternoon all.

Fascinating session ahead - Ive missed loads today!

Oxy said:

For once i would like to forget about politics and concentrate on cricket

Zeenix said:
Hash and speaking against Afridi (or have i got the person wrong)

use to be a big Afridi fan back in 2005 and I backed him throughout 2006 when he was in disastrous form but I finally lost patience with him after that 5th ODI against South Africa. Somethign inside me just clicked that I had just had enough.

He can win me back though.

W63L35 said:
No.no.....I am not getting personal with you. I am sorry if it felt like that.

and I am also sorry if anything I said was inappropriate or in a teasing manner. Trust me only here to make friends and enjoy cricket.

Pakistan in full control of this game now. Lead of 200 will be enough as Indians usually collapse like a pack of cards in final innings.

siimo said:
Pakistan in full control of this game now. Lead of 200 will be enough as Indians usually collapse like a pack of cards in final innings.

Too early IMO

Salman looking good here, he does love hammering the Indians.

And guess who's batting with him at the other end? Only Younis Khan and he's done decently against India as well :D

siimo said:

A bit overoptimistic, aint it?

Shoaib getting too buddy buddy with indian players, they don't know that he is very dangerous with bat.

Oxy said:

Yes...you did!

Now its my turn to miss the action becuase it is 3:13 AM and I going to sleep! Hope Butt/Younis can see the day off!

Shoaib Akhtar, Kartik, Yuvraj and Umar Gul are having a good time with a tiger doll at the boundary. They look like a bunch of school kids out there.. :)

lovely square cut by YK. booooootiful shot

113 for 1

XFactor said:
:) :)

Suffice to say that he is keeping the Neo show interesting to watch!

What were the catch comments?

What is this Neo show?

I'm watching the game on ARY, and all we get is "accident claim helpline " disgusting ads (women with fake mouche !)

XFactor said:
Shoaib Akhtar, Kartik, Yuvraj and Umar Gul are having a good time with a tiger doll at the boundary. They look like a bunch of school kids out there.. :)

Enough of this buddy buddy Khail..

Pakistans lead now is 68

40 overs left in the day

Caved12 said:
Shoaib getting too buddy buddy with indian players, they don't know that he is very dangerous with bat.

I guess some people insist on learning the hard way :)

2 days still to go in this test match -

Poor sweep by YK.

That was out!

Huge setback IMO. Pakistan were in a very good position, but now look just a bit vulnerable if Yousuf goes too. But I can imagine Yousuf screwing up TWICE in a test.

That was a brave decision. He could have easily given that not out, I don't think it was out.

The ball before was out though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back