PHP:
if (pakistan_doing_good) 
{
     die("Cannot refresh Page");
else
{
      page_refresh("seconds",5);

purplehaze said:
Strong comeback by Pakistan in this match! This is going to be one heck of test match it seems.
Tough to predict who has upper hand since both team has amazing skills to convert 120/1 into 165/7 in just no time :D

i hope its the pak team in that case. though i prefer 125/7. :p

Why Kumble is persistin with Gangu?
Bowling his 5th over in a total of 20!

purplehaze said:
Strong comeback by Pakistan in this match! This is going to be one heck of test match it seems.
Tough to predict who has upper hand since both team has amazing skills to convert 120/1 into 165/7 in just no time :D

Exactly. Both teams are equally capable to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

Kumble despite having himself and Harby is short of spinners (or short of ideas)

Zeenix said:
Exactly. Both teams are equally capable to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

thats why i always say people who predict 5-0 or 3-0 either way in an indo-pak match dont really know the teams.

W63L35 said:
Why Kumble is persistin with Gangu?
Bowling his 5th over in a total of 20!

1 maiden and 5 runs only in his last 4 overs, clearly our openers can't put his ball away, he just finished his 5th over, another maiden.

uffffhhhhhhhhhhh.......Rameez!!!! "corridors of uncertainity becoming corridors of certainity"

where does this guy get all this....

Caved12 said:
1 maiden and 5 runs only in his last 4 overs, clearly our openers can't put his ball away, he just finished his 5th over, another maiden.

Its not ODIs.....that one should be worried about E/R. His bowling is not threating enough to be taking any wicket this innings.

MarathaPride said:
India-Pakistan draw anyone? ;-)

With a lot of overs being lost due to light.....it is possible if Pak keeps batting till late tomorrow!

W63L35 said:
Its not ODIs.....that one should be worried about E/R. His bowling is not threating enough to be taking any wicket this innings.

yea they are playing him happily.

Yasir's patience seems to have run out. He's playing shots more consistently now.

W63L35 said:

well, the other bowlers were being put away for boundaries, and clearly our openers were not having any problems playing them, where as Gangu got them a wicket of Moyo last time, I understand the pitch was helping him last time, and even today he is bowling with good line n length, does not matter if it is one day or a test match, if a bowler is bowling maidens and have given
only 5 runs in 5 overs, it is a clear sign that batsmen are having a bit of a difficulty playing him, only more reasons for his captain to keep him going till he starts leaking some runs, does not matter ODI or test match, when runs are not coming against any bowler, it would frustrate any batsman in the world.

Haha Kumble brings himself on from the side where there is rough on the offside.. Shouldn't Harbajhan be bowling from that side? Hmm...Kumble you selfish guy..

Kumble must be pretty desperate to appeal so enthusiastically for that one.
Its only 21/0 old boy

Overs left in the match: 230 (50+90+90), let's make it 200 considering the role bad lights can play.

Overs Pakistan would like to bowl to India to get them out: 100

Min. Target Pakistan would feel safe defending: 375

Implies, they have to score at almost 300 odd runs till tomorrow's tea time.

Pakistan 71/0

This is a good solid start, both openers need to go on though and score big runs here!

purplehaze said:
Overs left in the match: 230 (50+90+90), let's make it 200 considering the role bad lights can play.

4 sessions to bowl a side out batting last is a good length of time!

W63L35 said:

Caved12 said:
well, the other bowlers were being put away for boundaries, and clearly our openers were not having any problems playing them, where as Gangu got them a wicket of Moyo last time, I understand the pitch was helping him last time, and even today he is bowling with good line n length, does not matter if it is one day or a test match, if a bowler is bowling maidens and have given
only 5 runs in 5 overs, it is a clear sign that batsmen are having a bit of a difficulty playing him, only more reasons for his captain to keep him going till he starts leaking some runs, does not matter ODI or test match, when runs are not coming against any bowler, it would frustrate any batsman in the world.
I did say "this" innings...didn't I. So the 1st innings does not count.
Plus...look like you are NOT watching the match.....because none of the 60 balls Gangu bowled troubled or frustrated the batsmen! Hence...he is already taken off...which Kumble should have done a couple of overs ago.

...and it DOES makes differece if you are playin ODI or test....sepcially in this situation...... India DOES need wickets.
Yasir is out BTW!

Enjoy this gentleman. It's not often we have both openers still playing with the other teams spinners on.

And zee with superb coverage missing the wicekt and then cutting to commerical during the repaly!

Amjid Javed said:
4 sessions to bowl a side out batting last is a good length of time!

Not 4 sessions, I gave Pakistan 100 overs (i.e. 20 overs less). Light doesn't remain good for later part od day in this part of world, at this time of year.

once again Hameed struggled against spin and throws away a good start! ffs!

Hes just mentally a poor player!

purplehaze said:

Thats over simplistic

Amjid Javed said:
once again Hameed struggled against spin and throws away a good start! ffs!

Hes just mentally a poor player!
agree! aboslute cr@p player against spin. can't believe he's from Pakistan.

Looking at the bright side atleast he got some runs and played some overs. Weakness against spin can be worked otu

We got a decent start from the openers and are now with a lead of 26 with 9 wickets in hand.

The middle order has to spend a lot of time in the middle not only to score but also delay the Indian batting to crumble the pitch and give them a tough chase.

I think our batsman should make good use of the pitch and run down the middle....rough it up a bit. But do it in a subtle way.

MarathaPride said:
Seriously Pathan..seriously..he has set ur team up very nicely. :9:
that doesn't mean he's good against spin. i've always seen him struggle against spin bowling.

Hash said:
I think our batsman should make good use of the pitch and run down the middle....rough it up a bit. But do it in a subtle way.

We don't have Afridi in our side

alright, im off guys

bye

hope fully Younus and Butt will make centuries today. :D

Hash said:

I second that. :19:

that's beautifully played through midwicket

should be cut off for 3. Yes.

Ok platform set. Next time Gangs comes on, has to be taken to the cleaners.

30 mins until tea

Let's get through to tea without losing another wicket

If pakistan manages to survive the upsurged spirits of India for some time, then the game will be nicely set. On the other hand if wickets start to tumble we might be looking down the drain. An important phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back