India v Pakistan | 1st Test | Delhi | 24/11/07 | Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant how LONG is lunch.

Excellent start by Pak. Hameed looking very solid.

we managed to make gangoo a world class bowler last innings, i think he should be should his real status today.

Showman said:
Our batsman shouldn't give Sourav any respect. They need to step out a bit to counter any swing as Dhoni is standing back.

Not in the last over before lunch. Just see it out.

It is great to be magnanimous..and i really appreciate the sentiments expressed in this forum welcoming Indian guests, and i more than anyone welcomes this attitude...A little sparring in good spirit promotes healthy rivalry, so the indian guests here would attribute my comments to a little indulgence of competetive passions on my part...
I also want to make the point, that although PakPassion has been welcome in its embrace of cricket fans from our arch rival, unfortunately that cannot be said of most of the indian web forums. I have been banned for posting on IFC. Also, an ostensibly unbiased cricket site, cricinfo, arguably the most visited cricket site in the world, is totally biased when it comes to matches between india and Pakistan. For example, just check at their heading of the final ODI match where they said that Pakistan had achieved a consolation victory, a very condescending comment indeed! In the light of all this anti Pakistan bias spewed by all thes e indian oriented cricket, a lot pro pakistan , agressive posturing of some of the Pakisani fans on this site is understandable!

iZeeshan said:

40 minutes, I believe.

Well done. Lets hope that our openers don't loose their focus and calm. And lay the foundation for a big lead

Just came back from work. Wow, the pre-lunch sesseion has been a dream for Pakistan.
Should win it from here (keeping my fingers crossed) Inshaallah.

Good tight session. Dismissed them reasonably cheaply, and batted sensibly.
Alhamdulillah!

Caved12 said:
I am glad you understand. :) , but he was touching the very sensitive issue. I am not a forum junky, but I am in love with this site, almost 95% people are good characters here, and Mods are amazing, so I felt bad when somebody had to say something like that. anyways forget about it, dont think your sourav will pull a Mcgrath today, lol

LOL

Well if Sourav can pull a Danish..we'll be more than happy.. :D

iZeeshan said:

hes looking very good in defense, apart from falling over once. hes front foot is coming down well. hopefully time spent in the middle in the first innegins has brought some form.

These two look very solid, and set for a 100 pship, but lunch interrupted, so I am a bit scared.

Wonderful session for Pakistan.

They restricted the Indian lead to under 50 and then played well in their second innings.

Both openers looking to get well forward which is a must on this wicket.

Hammad said:
It is great to be magnanimous..and i really appreciate the sentiments expressed in this forum welcoming Indian guests, and i more than anyone welcomes this attitude...A little sparring in good spirit promotes healthy rivalry, so the indian guests here would attribute my comments to a little indulgence of competetive passions on my part...
I also want to make the point, that although PakPassion has been welcome in its embrace of cricket fans from our arch rival, unfortunately that cannot be said of most of the indian web forums. I have been banned for posting on IFC. Also, an ostensibly unbiased cricket site, cricinfo, arguably the most visited cricket site in the world, is totally biased when it comes to matches between india and Pakistan. For example, just check at their heading of the final ODI match where they said that Pakistan had achieved a consolation victory, a very condescending comment indeed! In the light of all this anti Pakistan bias spewed by all thes e indian oriented cricket, a lot pro pakistan , agressive posturing of some of the Pakisani fans on this site is understandable!

Babbons and monkey type comments are sort of racial if ya dont mind me saying.

And dont worry about those other Indian forums..the Indians who matter are here..LOL!! :D

Never imagined that we would be able to restrict India to 45 lead after the way we started!

Hammad said:

you sound like a serial killer who has been abused all his life as a kid by a certain section of people and now he is out to take revenge. i dont represent cricinfo or any of the indian forums. the only forum i visit time and again is PP cos its the best i have come across and i have no time for the other stupid forums.

iZeeshan said:
Never imagined that we would be able to restrict India to 45 lead after the way we started!

Yea..Pakistan after the first session are in the driver's seat. I think Caved mentioned earlier that Younis and MoYo dont repeat mistakes..so you guys are in for a pretty big total unless we get some lucky breaks in between.

Oh man I am glad to see this new guy who is replacing Azad in the halftime show of zee sports,lol

Ganguly must be dealt with harshly. Going on the defensive against a dibbly dobbly bowler is not going to help Pakistan. If we get him out of the equation by smashing him all over the park, India would be left with just four bowlers to get us all out

iZeeshan said:
patience my friend patience.

it feels so good when you are right. :batman:

Last edited:
pakistan has got a strong hold on the game. India will have to do very well from here if they were to win this game. result is for certain.

Interesting move by Kumble and a very defensive one to have a 3rd man , a couple of balls into the Pak innings - he's a worried man.

Ganguly may not bowl many in this innings - though he looked ok in the last over before lunch.

I have a feeling that Tendulkar will get a few overs. Especially when India has to go on a defensive position. He can be expected to bowl in the rough etc.

Would not it be great if there are atleast 3 to 4 ODI cricket series in between India and Pakistan in a calendar year. I guess this is like asking for a lottery ticket with winning numbers, anyways time to make tea. It is a happy time

Usman Sahib said:
Ganguly must be dealt with harshly. Going on the defensive against a dibbly dobbly bowler is not going to help Pakistan. If we get him out of the equation by smashing him all over the park, India would be left with just four bowlers to get us all out

that sounds really scary. :( this is going to be the most crucial session. kumble and bujji need to do the trick for India.

Saj said:
Interesting move by Kumble and a very defensive one to have a 3rd man , a couple of balls into the Pak innings - he's a worried man.

just doesnt want to give away the lead i guess considering the number of fours scored in that area. :p

XFactor said:
Ganguly may not bowl many in this innings - though he looked ok in the last over before lunch.

I have a feeling that Tendulkar will get a few overs. Especially when India has to go on a defensive position. He can be expected to bowl in the rough etc.
yep spot on about Tendulkar. Same mentality needed from the openers in the next session. Bat as though your life depends on it, get well forward and play positively.

John Embury (Sky) was sympathetic with Kumble going on defensive, saying that he knows its a low scoring match and 20-30 runs can be the difference between winning and losing.

Saj said:

I would say its a pragmatic move. Its a low scoring match and those runs through the 3rd man region can really hurt you. Not the kind of wicket where edges will go flying to slips.

important session for pakistan!!!!!!!!! need to keep this partnership alive till tea!!

Saj said:
I think it's the right move. So many runs have been scored in this area. Not a single ball has gone to slip so you can take one one out and save many runs.

Not having a third man on this track is just stupid.

Yes, great session for Pakistan. Now its time to push on.

Come on boys, step up.

Also, don't forget Harby. In pitch report this morning they were showing a rough outside the off stump.....which Harby can exploit.

PlanetPakistan said:
For some reason i am already starting to get nervous :|

I know, you are not the only one!!!

Waqar has stressed the need to put AXXTRA runs on the board in the neo show during the break.

A pull and then a leg glance for 4, classy batting

Momo said:
4 and 4
Lets hope Hameed doesnt lose his head now
...as long as he does not lose his wicket....I don't care what part of the body he loses!! ;-)

Very efficient batting from the openers. They have come out with a solid game plan which is a good thing to see. Though Hameed is still coming to far accross and can be an LBW candidate.

Anyway, Munaf getting a hint of swing but Zaheer looking ineffective. Kumble should come in.

just read on Cricinfo- Gul likely to miss 2nd test, hmmm,I see....another chance for Sami.

As I write this, another 4 by butt

the pace bowlers are proving to be quite ineffective with the length they are bowling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back