India v Pakistan | 1st Test | Delhi | 24/11/07 | Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It must be mentioned, Laxman is extremely poor when he plays with the tail. Had it been Ganguly, or even a defensive player like Dravid he would have made an effort to keep the strike and gotten more runs.

W63L35 said:
It will be only 45 runs only when we don't lose any wickets for at least 50-100 runs!
As long as we negotiate the 45 runs without a loss, it will be 'only'

Great comeback by the bowlers! After 231, people predicted India will get a huge first innings lead. But what an awesome effort to restrict the lead to just 45 runs

Now its upto the batsmen to not throw away this advantage. Anything above 250 on a last day pitch on this ground is assuring a victory

Wonder how Rameez would react to the all out.

he would blame Shoaib malik for everything and will have his fav topic how unfit shobby akhtar is ....pendu kahin ka..

If we lose more than 4 wickets today, we are in trouble!

inzibhai said:
Wonder how Rameez would react to the all out.

he would blame Shoaib malik for everything and will have his fav topic how unfit shobby akhtar is ....pendu kahin ka..
lol, Shoaib took a pretty nice catch.

inzibhai said:
4 for dani...when was the last time he took 4 wickets in first innings? :):)

...and giving away less than a 100 runs at the same time!

Brilliant comeback by the Pakistani bowlers. Hopefully the Pakistani batsmen dig in and get a decent score now.

Brilliant stuff by Pakistan today.

Best case scenario was to get them for a lead of less than 50 and we have done just that. Also I am really chuffed to see Danish get a 4fer and shut his critics up by shoving their words up their backsides. Brilliant stuff from Danny boy.

Now we need to bat sensibly. I live in the hope that our openers will be able to take us past the 46 run mark but we all know that isn't going to happen. Let's just bat, bat and bat now. The more runs we get the better. If we can get past a lead of 270 then I think we have this game in the bag.

Laxman definitely missed a trick by not keeping more strike to himself, especially after Kumble was out. Anyways he is batting too low down the order. Should be a No.3 or No.4.

Hope Pak get to 350-375 some how than victory is assuring

XFactor said:
Laxman definitely missed a trick by not keeping more strike to himself, especially after Kumble was out. Anyways he is batting too low down the order. Should be a No.3 or No.4.

i always felt he should be no 4. good batsman wasted so low down with the tail. :(

A special thanx to Laxman for exposing the tail

MarathaPride said:
Everyone surprised that Laxman had more faith in the tail..

gr8 maratha you talked abt 50 lead we got 45. anymore predictions maratha maharaj.

MarathaPride said:

It looks good when it comes off, but in this case he was left high and dry. Was a mindless shot by Zaheer. He could have easily hung on for at least 5-10 overs. He has done that in SA and England if I remember correctly. One cant expect anything from Munaf though.

dont think so unless we decide to score at 1.5 runs per over .....play positive score as quickly as possible....if we play 65-70 overs today and got 240-245 for 4...i will be happy....

this time we need to put together a good score and not make the mistakes from first innings!!

nikred said:
gr8 maratha you talked abt 50 lead we got 45. anymore predictions maratha maharaj.

Pakistan all out for 150 and we win the match easy.. :D :D Just kidding..India not doing too good..but some tight bowling needed by Kumble and co.

ummm no. If we get through today having lost 5 wickets I would be pretty satisfied actually.

MarathaPride said:

Yeah I was a bit surprised too, but nothing can be taken away from laxman's batting, he was rock solid today and yesterday.

Hash said:
ummm no. If we get through today having lost 5 wickets I would be pretty satisfied actually.
Agreed unless we bat at 1.5 runs an over. But I'd be happier if after those 5 wickets, either Younis or Yousuf was one of the ones on the crease,

Now keep your fingers crossed for a good opening stand...please Salman don't fart this time!

Wow. Butt is all agression. Tries to whack a short one. Lucky it didnt carry to midon.

We just need to bat it out.

Take it slow, just bat out day 3 and the whole day 4.

Don't care about runs.

Hash said:

4 or 5 - no difference...... but it also depends on how much lead we have. If we have a lead of 150-175 with 5 outs and then tomorrow Kumble/Harby cleans up the tail....its not good. I am sure you saw how much turn Kaneria was getting.

I really hope we consolidate the 45 runs without the loss of a wicket.

I think the openers have been given the license to go for it and fill the deficit. That could create some panic in the field, and Pakistan maybe hoping for the middle order to come good this time around.

Kumble could be the key in this innings..

We also DO NOT need to throw away our wickets like Yasir, Younis and Akhtar did in the first innings.

Butt is playing his usual stupid shotsss!!!!!!!!! i dont see him lasting toolong if he continues this way!!

W63L35 said:
4 or 5 - no difference...... but it also depends on how much lead we have. If we have a lead of 150-175 with 5 outs and then tomorrow Kumble/Harby cleans up the tail....its not good. I am sure you saw how much turn Kaneria was getting.

exactly. Anything above 200-220 will be very difficult for India to chase in the 4th innings.

So if we are 160-170 ahead for 5 at close today then I would be satisfied.

Munaf Patel - Medium Fast. To think he was touted to be the fast bowler for the future once.

This time Yasir Hameed crashes one to the offside fence. Again positive intent.

Rameez think Munaf look fit. while this same idiot has been complaing about shobby fitness...what a loser...

I am loving the attitude on both Butt and Yasir.....POSITIVE!

whatever we do........ we cant loos any wickets till 45, else it will put pressure on us!!

raps him on the pads next ball, turned down by Doctrove. May be just about missing leg.

notice how but raises his bat when he ducks the bouncer ... i remember thats how he got out last time in india as well ... the old periscope edge.

4 by hameed, I wonder what was the game plan discussed in the dressing room, I really wanna know

Shut the hell up Arun lal, that was not close, that is clearly missing the leg stump, my younger brother can even tell the difference.

Munaf's first over in the late 120s.

what do you know bro...thats express pace...

inzibhai said:
why do we have 2 indian commies in the box right now?

hahahha......... rameez was all praises for munaf before yaseer hit him for a 4 on his first ball!!

just look how gangu is already in conver with AK.....why can't MYK and MOYO do that with malik when pak is fielding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back