India v South Africa | 2nd Test - Day 1&2 | Kolkatta | 14+15/02/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Field moves in to try and prevent the singles..................gets a single anyway and moves to 99......... come on sachin

My Inshallah once again has worked, my man got his 100, 47 and counting... GOODBYE BUNNY...

Sachin on 99................and gets his 47th test ton with a flicked boundary off parnell......
Well done sachin...... :108: :108: :108:

Jp duminy into the attack.................soft dismissal............sehwag gone..........Unnecessary wicket but he has done his job...........I hope we dont collapse like SA though :59:

The Sehwag reprieve has costed SA 118 runs of his bat alone. Other factors (and partnership runs) extra!

SA pulled off a Pakistan today. Dropped couple of costly catches, and kept the part-time bowlers away until the end.

Sachin out.................caught at first slip off harris.............
Two quick wickets............Two new batsman at crease.........come on .........dont have to return the favour to SA

India | 5/336 | 75 Overs | One more wickets falls S Badrinath gone

India should go and make 500....they cant and as i was writing BArdinath is gone....collapse on the cards

Badrinath gone.............. OUT.......bowled by steyn........ India 336/5

Looking at Badrinath and Vijay. The new Indian batting pipeline (a la youngsters) looks miles behind the current stars.

Why Mishra so early? Does Dhoni think that light would be offered anytime soon? For people watching live, do the commentators talk anything on those lines?

Good days play with India slightly ahead ATM. This match is wide open and test cricket is alive and well at the Eden Gardens!

3 late strikes put SA back into the match.............. even stevens

Stumps - Day 2 | India | 5/342 | 76 Overs | India lead by 46 runs

Run Machine Sehwag and Tendulkar led India strong reply

The Sehwag storm struck South Africa with full force and pretty much blew everything in its way: he scored his 13th 150-plus score. Amid the mayhem, it was easy to forget the cool, pleasant breeze that Sachin Tendulkar's 92nd international century was - his fourth in four Tests. Once the two quietened, South Africa struck back with three wickets to restore a semblance of a contest in the match.

farhan1 said:
The Sehwag storm struck South Africa with full force and pretty much blew everything in its way: he scored his 13th 150-plus score. Amid the mayhem, it was easy to forget the cool, pleasant breeze that Sachin Tendulkar's 92nd international century was - his fourth in four Tests. Once the two quietened, South Africa struck back with three wickets to restore a semblance of a contest in the match.

India is not in too strong position now...tomorrow 1st session, will say the story, where India is heading...

A lead of 100-150 here and S.A can kiss this match good bye. Laxman is usually very good batsmen with the tail.

Steyn and co will pretty much need an Indian collapse like their own in this match!

India on top but with a few quick wickets tomorrow with Steyn finding reverse swing and India could have to chase 150-250 to draw the series, which I think will be a lose thing batting last.

Another century for SRT. This guy is simply amazing. One of the true legends of the game and to top it off he's one of the most humble crackers of the modern game. Great player! Only 8 centuries away from the 100 centuries mark!

South Africa will be pleased they have took 3 quick wickets, although India are slightly ahead. We have a fascinating test match on the cards.

Well done to Sehwag and SRT for their efforts, that was very much needed.

Rickz said:
South Africa will be pleased they have took 3 quick wickets, although India are slightly ahead. We have a fascinating test match on the cards.

Well done to Sehwag and SRT for their efforts, that was very much needed.
india are quite a bit ahead really. They've still got Laxman and Dhoni and the rest of the tail. They only need about 100 runs to really put on the pressure.

I don't think India will collapse like South Africa. For both sides to collapse would be pretty unlikely, and India will bat more cautiously to avoid a collapse. Plus with India already in the driving seat, they are likely to bat under less pressure too.

If South Africa put in a good second innings they may save the test. Though I don't expect either Amla or Peterson to fire again and with Smith having an injured finger, it's gonna be very hard for South Africa to post a good 2nd inning's score.

South Africa need early wicktets to get the match balance as India will need to get the lead around 150-200 to have a chance of winning.

India needs another 100 to put pressure on SA. Laxman is the key for India tomorrow along with Dhoni. If Mishra, Zaheer and Bajji hang around for sometime then SA might be facing a reasonable lead with 2 full days to go. If India can get to 150 run lead, I dont think SA can save the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back