India v South Africa | 2nd Test - Day 1&2 | Kolkatta | 14+15/02/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince and Duminy playing the Moyo game (bat hiding behind pad). They get the Moyo result.

Harbhajan is a tricky character, if he doesnt get wickets for a while you can keep thumping him around but once he gets a wicket he turns into a different bowler.. We need to finish of the Africans today....

Man I feel ashamed I compared the Pakistani fielding with ours APOLOGIES!!!!!!!!!!!!! DIRECT HIT

SA from 217/1 to 254/7 in no time. Chokers!

Experts are'nt they the saffers!!! in choking.....

Just when you thought you cant choke from here, SA shows the way...

One of the reason they can never be as good as aussies.

Romali_rotti said:
Come on Ishant start peppering STeyn give him some of his own medicine...

Hmm how can a spinner match a real fast bowler. Almost like asking Kaneria to bowl fast against Shoaib Akhtar..

This is very close to the Indian choke of first innings in the first Test.

Man I wonder if there will be a request a for Pitch report our very own by RA & ICC in regards to this, happened last time when SA chocked in similar manner cant see why it wont happen again :D...

Steyn should now throw the bat around and see if he can get 30 odd more for SA.

Shameful very shameful from RSA...

India very lucky that they are playing the world champions in choking

What has happened to S.A.? Very poor stuff from them, especially against a poor attack like this.

If Steyn doesn't start slogging, SA will be all out under 280.

We can see the funny side of South African Collapse as we have seen our team doing at least once in a TEST match. It all started back in Sri lanka and we are continuously collapsing like this, these sudden collapses have cost us at least 5 test matches.

Momo said:
Steyn should now throw the bat around and see if he can get 30 odd more for SA.
Steyn doesn't listen to me. Steyn gets out.
:danish

Romali_rotti said:
+1 I predict a SA collapse soon...

+ 10 me and my predictions :D 261/9 .... DAIMEEEEEEEEEEEE I AM GOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD...East coast represent represent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Romali_rotti said:
Ummm I am kind a nervous about that Alliya actually.. Tommorow would be ideal..
South Africa want to end this match in four days too Alliya.
:))

Romali_rotti said:
Ummm I am kind a nervous about that Alliya actually.. Tommorow would be ideal..
What's the rain scenario, Alliya?
:p

RA are you here lurking by any chance ?? IF so I would like to know your thoughts on how to bail the SA out this time, your excuses like the ones you made last time when SA chocked is what I am hoping for :D...

Lol what a poor effort from the remaining batters. The last I checked the score it was 200/1, came back to see that it's 265/9 :/

Momo said:
To be fair to him though, he looks better than Harris.

Morkel is actually a decent bat, he should be coming up the order he has a solid defense..

Come on India .......finish them off...........dont let them a get a last wicket partnership of 200

+ 1 . Im happy that india is not batting today........
Romali_rotti said:
Yesssssssssssss Bad Lights, Looks Like India Is Not Batting Todayyyyyyyyy :d...

lol

Indian posters calmed down a little yet ? Choke this and choke that. We just beat you by an innings in your home turf.

But I agree...we did choke. No ways the skill of the Indian bowlers can explain us losing so many quick wickets. India's bowling is very very very bad. No way India are good enough to beat us unless we choke. I'm glad you all agree.

saffer said:
lol

Indian posters calmed down a little yet ? Choke this and choke that. We just beat you by an innings in your home turf.

But I agree...we did choke. No ways the skill of the Indian bowlers can explain us losing so many quick wickets. India's bowling is very very very bad. No way India are good enough to beat us unless we choke. I'm glad you all agree.
It looks like you are hungry.......go and eat a humble pie.......that might help

I jinxed the game earlier on. Started watching earlier on when Alviro was on 97*. Sqw him get his century and get out. Carried on with Valentines Day (when my wife has a whip in her hand i have to listen!). When i woke up again, I saw they were 8 down. Eish.

Romali_rotti said:
RA are you here lurking by any chance ?? IF so I would like to know your thoughts on how to bail the SA out this time, your excuses like the ones you made last time when SA chocked is what I am hoping for :D...

No offence but last game on a total flattie you struggled to get 250. We need to choke to make 250..you guys need to bat well to get above that. S.A still favourites to win this game.

bantu said:
It looks like you are hungry.......go and eat a humble pie.......that might help

Oh I am humble. It's just so flattering that when we do badly everyone admits we're so good that we did it to ourselves by "choking", because no one else is good enough to have caused the demise of the brilliant South Africans. South Africans are so good that when we have a bad session everyone admits were better than the opposition by saying "we choked". The definition of choked is that you "should have won (ie : we're better than India) but you didn't. So everyone saying we choked is basically admitting we're better than India. Thanks.

saffer said:
No offence but last game on a total flattie you struggled to get 250. We need to choke to make 250..you guys need to bat well to get above that. S.A still favourites to win this game.

I give SA is a better team than India at almost all time ( given their record).

BUT BUT .....Regarding Choking - you guys do that more often than we score < 250:) so thats evened up a bit.

saffer said:

Which you are very capable of and I am sure you wont let me down this time as always.. To the 2nd highlighted biy; have to agree on that, with a bowler like Steyn in your side but I think we will win it..

OK...India did pretty well. but i believe Saffies will out firing all cylinders..India will have to bat well and first they need to score at least 400 and if possible try to bat SA out of this game..

saffer said:
So everyone saying we choked is basically admitting we're better than India. Thanks.

SA is definitely better than India.................but you have to be careful your choking skills are extending to the longer format as well............ :)))

bantu said:
SA is definitely better than India.................but you have to be careful your choking skills are extending to the longer format as well............ :)))

We might lose the game. Shrug. Can't it be that India bolwed well rather than we choked ?

If you say no , then you're basically admitting that South Africa are too good for India.

90MPH said:
What has happened to S.A.? Very poor stuff from them, especially against a poor attack like this.

Let's see what Steyn does on this deck tomorrow.

saffer said:
We might lose the game. Shrug. Can't it be that India bolwed well rather than we choked ?

If you say no , then you're basically admitting that South Africa are too good for India.

Hey buddy saffer - SA has always been better than india on most of the occasion. No one is denying that. Though we are no.1 ....History is with you.

Whoa! What a turn around. When the bowlers received (deservedly) all the brick bats for not bowling to potential and making the opposition pile up runs, it is only fair that they be given credit for their superb performance today..well played guys. Keep up the good work :14:

saffer said:
lol

Yeah but it takes two teams to play cricket. If South Africa choked (like they did vs England one morning)....then....it takes that second team to make them choke as they are bowling. So credit to India.

I went to sleep at 218/1 and was thinking SA going to bat India out of the series. Instead, they batted them back into the series :p

I still cheer for SA though, smash em! IF they can bowl you out for 266...you can bowl them out for 166.

adit_sh said:
Hey buddy saffer - SA has always been better than india on most of the occasion. No one is denying that. Though we are no.1 ....History is with you.

:)) Don't bother with him. His logic is unbelievable. Its like saying last year when SA beat Aus in Aus...eerrr SA bowlers didn't bowl well....just Australian batsmen batted badly.

He doesn't understand that both instances hinge on one another.

This is very poor cricket from SA's lower middle order..They squandered a great chance here. Avg first innings score at eden is 420+.. I watched most part of the match and I don't think the pitch has any demons in it. Remember SA were 215/1 at one stage with Amla and Alviro striking at over 4 runs per over without many problems.. I think the Indian bowlers were also got charged up after Ishant's good spell to amla.

saffer said:

If you lose this game,it doesnt matter if you choked yourself or indian bowlers made you choke............ it will just be "you werent good enough"
If you read my post again,I have already admitted this SA team is better than the Indian team...

srg said:
This is very poor cricket from SA's lower middle order..They squandered a great chance here. Avg first innings score at eden is 420+.. I watched most part of the match and I don't think the pitch has any demons in it. Remember SA were 215/1 at one stage with Amla and Alviro striking at over 4 runs per over without many problems.. I think the Indian bowlers were also got charged up after Ishant's good spell to amla.
I am willing to wait till india complete their first innings batting.....

Well done India. We were laughing our butts off when SA were 200 odd for 1 wicket but this is an awesome comeback.

Although India needs to handle Steyn if they want to win.

Good bowling performance by India. SA at one point were crusing but good job by Khan and Bhajji. Lets see how will Indian respond to Steyn. If there is one player who can turn around things for SA it would be Steyn.

India needs to bat big and bat once. Declare around 350-400 ahead. If they can actually forge together partnerships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back