India v Sri Lanka |1st Test | Ahmedabad | Nov 16-20

Random Aussie

Senior Test Player
Runs
India win the toss and not surprisingly are batting.

Mendis not playing but Herath the Destroyer is in.

Why isn't Mendis playing? I thought he was the best thing since sliced bread? He'd have sliced through this Evil Empire batting lineup like a knife through butter I reckon.

OZGOD said:
Why isn't Mendis playing? I thought he was the best thing since sliced bread? He'd have sliced through this Evil Empire batting lineup like a knife through butter I reckon.

:))) You wish...

Khabri420 said:
tdigi do you have a new avatar for this series? :akhtar

I am still recovering from the shock Aus gave us ......

35b5zdx.jpg

Empty stadiums are so boring :(...but nice to see the men in white...refreshing indeed.

Last edited:
Gambhir gone...clean bowled by Welegedara

Where is kulsekra?Good breakthrough for SL but looking at this batting line up can it will be hard work for lankan.I am staying up to watch Sehwag hope he provides some fireworks.

Welegedara's full name -->

Uda Walawwe Mahim Bandaralage Chanaka Asanka Welegedara

:yk

Apparently Kucharacha and Thushara are both injured.

Come on Sri Lanka! One more wicket and we are into the tail!

RA stop dreaming..it's embarrassing.

It's actually 2 wickets RA :D

Go SL!!!

:( :110: .........100 for Tendu...common Sachin.

Welegedara to Sehwag, OUT, long though and then its given! Welegedara pitches it on about middle and off, 134k, just shapes it in wee bit and strikes Sehwag flush on the front pad as he gets two-thirds forward, bat just late to come down, and after taking some time to ascertain whether there was any bat on it Tony Hill raises his finger, and on replays it shows he is spot on, that was hitting middle and off
V Sehwag lbw b Welegedara 16 (11b 3x4 0x6) SR: 145.45

:out

Bwahaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaa........Tendu bowled

:pissed: RA you jinxed us by opening this thread.

p!ss poor batting...just looks good on paper.

Imagine if this was a green wicket...the tail would be wagging by now I guess...but for RA the tail has begun :))

tdigi said:
:pissed: RA you jinxed us by opening this thread.

The pleasure is all mine tdigi :D

Now get one more out and we can see the YUVI!! The man for a pressure situation. The great clutch player of the 2000's. The almighty one.

Welegedara to Tendulkar, OUT, bowled em! Tendulkar pushes outside the line at one pitched back of a length, leaving a massive gap between bat and pad, and the ball misses the bat by not much before clipping the top of off

SR Tendulkar b Welegedara 4 (3b 1x4 0x6) SR: 133.33

tdigi said:
Imagine if this was a green wicket...the tail would be wagging by now I guess...but for RA the tail has begun :))

The swing the SL bowlers can get is underrated. Because nobody really swings the ball anymore most batsmen can't deal with it.....

This deserves a ......... :po:

Last edited:
If this was pakistan we would have seen this kind of posts.
We can't play swing
Indian batting would have made mince meat of these medium pacer.
YK and yousaf are over the hill
Salman butt is useless.
And there goes vvs ul haq sure he is too old.
Where is fawad sharma.

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4/32 here comes the YUVI

saeed-sohail said:
If this was pakistan we would have seen this kind of posts.
We can't play swing
Indian batting would have made mince meat of these medium pacer.
YK and yousaf are over the hill
Salman butt is useless.
And there goes vvs ul haq sure he is too old.
Where is fawad sharma.
let's talk about thesesuper star:)

India collapsing. Can the YUVI come in with a matchsaving knock??

All the posters are joining in the fun... :yk

Why hasn't the YUVI scored yet? I thought he'd be 50 off 26 by now

Mark Taylor from South Korea: "I've said it before and I'll say it again. There is a real lack of decent swing bowling in cricket world-wide. So much so in fact that the second someone with half a bit of ability comes along, every so called 'world class bastmen' is unable to cope. This happened in the Ashes in 2005, and to a much lesser extent in 2009. It is happening again now. Batsmen are too used to planting their front legs forward and swinging through the line. 32/4 and it is only going to get worse."

If Sl don't win this match they will never get a better opportunity to beat India in india.

Mohammed Nijas: "Sri Lankans took the lesson from the Aussies. They are resting their experienced bowlers and trying their new ones. They have learned about India's inability to tackle the unexpected and see how it has worked!!!Aussies understood it first and rested all their precious bowlers and see how they won the series!"

Common Yuvi and Dravid...concentrate. You can do it.

tdigi said:
All the posters are joining in the fun... :yk
Mate I drove 200 miles from london to manchester got home during first over made myself a cup of tea to enjoy Sehwag,s batting but I did not know the main entertainment will be provided by sachin and laxman.

Yuvi is an elegant batsman...when he gets going.

saeed-sohail said:
Mate I drove 200 miles from london to manchester got home during first over made myself a cup of tea to enjoy Sehwag,s batting but I did not know the main entertainment will be provided by sachin and laxman.

Don't let it ruin your day. Just enjoy the cricket....watch some fine bowling too. Test cricket is lovely.

saeed-sohail said:
Where is kulsekra?Good breakthrough for SL but looking at this batting line up can it will be hard work for lankan.I am staying up to watch Sehwag hope he provides some fireworks.
:))) :))) :)))

Back