India vs Aus | 4th Test | Day 3 | Nagpur | 8/11/08

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random Aussie said:
Good we don't want a draw, win or lose baby.....

if you want to win then you should start pushing the scoring a little bit. You scored less then 2 RPO in the session. Now how u win a test match.

Before you give defensive bowling as an excuse, singles are easily available. Make an effort to get bat on ball and run the singles atleast.

Tupac said:
if you want to win then you should start pushing the scoring a little bit. You scored less then 2 RPO in the session. Now how u win a test match.

Before you give defensive bowling as an excuse, singles are easily available. Make an effort to get bat on ball and run the singles atleast.
We have given Australians a taste of all their own goo this series and this was the last installment. I am amazed.

^^ and for all that at the end of the series the BG trophy comes back to us.

Random Aussie said:
That's the way he bats and he averages nearly 70 in Test cricket.

It is boring yes but the results speak for themselves. We have enough batsmen who can score quickly but they can't manage to stay in.

absolutely wrong! he doesnt bat like this! hes got a strike rate of 50,76 and rite now hes already played 177 balls in the deciding match of the series at 36,15( it is not 50 or 60 balls we are speaking of). he might get a move on but according to the situation NOW, he's playing like a chicken!

Last edited:
Tupac said:

Singles are not easily available they were bowling a foot outside off stump with a packed off side field to our 2 slowest batsmen.

Good ruthless tactics from Dhoni. Although even Cricindia and Sunny are getting stuck into him for it.

Only 25 overs bowled in that session. Again pathetic over rate, both teams should get an official warning at the end of this series and if they continue to do it they should start suspending the captains.

RA,

You are crying for no reason. its your team who needs to win this game to draw the series. so obviously they have to score runs, there is no point in crying like a girl that indians are defensive. 2 runs scored by katich of 40 balls, thats terrible no matter how defensive indian bowlers were.

Random Aussie said:
Aint yours yet Bones.

Agreed! India has to play some good cricket, cant underestimate Aussies! especially when they ahve krejza in there attack!

uscricketer06 said:
RA,

You are crying for no reason. its your team who needs to win this game to draw the series. so obviously they have to score runs, there is no point in crying like a girl that indians are defensive. 2 runs scored by katich of 40 balls, thats terrible no matter how defensive indian bowlers were.

uscricketer I am not crying about it. It is good tactics.

The comment is because Indian players and posters etc have been criticizing Australia for being defensive when bowling. Well that session was the most defensive either side has bowled in the series.

Many Indians have commented that the team will be more aggressive under Dhoni than under Kumble. Does not seem to be the case eh?

Last edited:
This is why India will never be a dominant team, they poop their pants when the going gets tough, Dhoni the brave dosent know what to do so he goes for the draw.

is zaheer goin to banned for doing bhangra?when katich got out!! only if braod wants!

Random Aussie said:

The comment is because Indian players and posters etc have been criticizing Australia for being defensive when bowling. Well that session was the most defensive either side has bowled in the series.

Many Indians have commented that the team will be more aggressive under Dhoni than under Kumble. Does not seem to be the case eh?

here indians dont have to push for the victory, cos they are already leading the series. also they scored fast throughout their first innings and they were very aggressive when they bowled yesterday. thats why kathich was able to score almost run a ball century. now they have realised that they have over attacked yesterday and tried to slow down the process. but still australia who needs win to draw series should have done something to counter indian tactics.

Random Aussie said:

Different contexts. India is doing it as a last resort against 2 pig batsmen

Australia used to do it from ball 1.

Make your opinions or twist them as you like! If you have been following Australia you will vouch for this. For god sake, the only reason you picked S clark was to do that. Just that we stripped his purpose in naked. I am amazed how smart the Indian team has become. Another moral victory :D!

uscricketer06 said:
here indians dont have to push for the victory, cos they are already leading the series. also they scored fast throughout their first innings and they were very aggressive when they bowled yesterday. thats why kathich was able to score almost run a ball century. now they have realised that they have over attacked yesterday and tried to slow down the process. but still australia who needs win to draw series should have done something to counter indian tactics.

no india are just allowed to do that cause Aussies gotta copyright protection on that! so here comes another ban for india! or may be some changes in the way test cricket is played just because india did it!

If only the saffers saw us this series, they will crush the Aussies who are nothing but a bunch of pansies!

Bumblebee said:
no india are just allowed to do that cause Aussies gotta copyright protection on that! so here comes another ban for india! or may be some changes in the way test cricket is played just because india did it!
:))

Aussies are such whiners. cant take it on the chin when given a stick :)).

Roger Gray: "I wouldn't call it killing test cricket. This is one of the flavours of Test cricket. The blokes in the baggy green need to try and win this match. In the process if they loose, 2-0 they shouldn't be too perturbed as by not trying for a win they are still loosing the series. Time to show the world why they are rated No. 1 in the world. As they say, no risk no reward. Dhoni has thrown them the challenge now it is upto Punter's boys to take it and show that they are the real champs."
thatz another angle of looking at the scenario a rather more hygenic one then poopin in the pants!

Last edited:
And this is the same game Aussies played at Adelaide early this year. Awesome Dhoni boys! Where were the whiners that time I ask ??

bones20 said:
And this is the same game Aussies played at Adelaide early this year. Awesome Dhoni boys! Where were the whiners that time I ask ??

Hate to break it to you but the people whining about Indian tactics are the Indian commentators on Cricindia and Sunny Gavaskar.

No problems from me with defensive tactics, just pointing it out that Aussies have been critised all series for being defensive (when under pressure) and now India are under some pressure and guess what? Defensive.

cricketrulez said:
???????????

Speak English to me Tony! I thought this country found the frickin language, but so far no one seems to speak it! - Avi to Bullet teeth Tony.

blagged robbed!!

myself and bones are not lone ones who feel, what india did aint anythin different to what Aussies were doing the whole series!

Adrian Johnson: "I am an Australian supporter and applaud the Australian's fighting there way back in the test. But I have been disappointed with the way they bowled. Commentators are saying that this is negative bowling from the Indians, but if thats the case how do they explain the way both Mitchel Johnson and Shane Watson have bowled throughout the series. I mean both these guys have either bowled 2 feet outside the stumps or tried bowling intimidatingly short?? The worst has been even from around the wicket both of these bowlers are still bowling 2 feet outside the off stump??? How do these commentators justify these tactics??? Everyone has said they have been the most economical bowlers on the tour but they have done nothing but bowl this 2 foot wide line. I dont see how this is different, yet the commentators, past cricketers and supposed experts in the game call it differently. Why is it so?"

Now I understand why India only get about 4000 spectators to games even when they hand out 5000 free tickets.

natalia said:
support the bushrangers? :D

Yes but is bittersweet. If your domestic team is dominating it means you have the "almost next best" players because the best are with the national team.

186 behind now, Clarke playing very slowly as well. Looks like we are not interested in forcing the issue until we get a fair bit closer to India's score.

I am really starting to like this kid Vijay, HUSSEY GONE!!!!!!!!!! 1 more wicket and cat is among the pigeons, come on BOYSSS let bring the house downnnn.....

This is not fair, India are not allowed to have someone who can field.

Massive wicket. Flat pitch and 2 run outs. Oh well, the luck is not with you when you are losing.......

And now Watson

MEOWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwww CAT AMONGST THE PIGEONS NOW MEOWWwwwwwwww :D..... Come on boysssss 1 moreeeeeee..

This makes batting the entire first session for 40 runs when we were 2 down look pretty stupid. Lost all momentum and have never got it back.

Well we can't say we didn't have a chance, Krejza gave us a chance with his bowling but the batsmen have %^&%*^ed it up again.

Last edited:
wow........aussies messed it big time....hopefully India finishes them.:)

I think they said yesterday that if IND win this 2-0, they will be #2 in the official ICC rankings :)

lollol said:
Wow, AUS might lose it 2-0 here :))

That would be a fair reflection of the series actually.

We have been outplayed so far.

The only 2 times in the series where we have had the chance to put pressure on India we have ruined with abysmally slow batting - yes that is you Simon Katich.

We have scored 79 runs in 46 overs today. You don't deserve to beat anybody if you score like that.

lollol said:
I think they said yesterday that if IND win this 2-0, they will be #2 in the official ICC rankings :)

That is laughable. South Africa are a long way ahead of India.

So series results this year of loss, draw, loss and win enable India to move up the rankings?

And the Saffers have win, win, draw, win and they move down?

Ricky Ponting told the press before the start of the series that indians play old school cricket and australians are here to play the new age cricket. but i am not able to notice much of the new age cricket by them in this series.batting run rate, bowlers strike rate, even over rate.they have left the new age cricket back in australia.

Rajan said:
Ricky Ponting told the press before the start of the series that indians play old school cricket and australians are here to play the new age cricket. but i am not able to notice much of the new age cricket by them in this series.batting run rate, bowlers strike rate, even over rate.they have left the new age cricket back in australia.

Well from what we have seen old school cricket>>>>>new age cricket

Random Aussie said:
That is laughable. South Africa are a long way ahead of India.So series results this year of loss, draw, loss and win enable India to move up the rankings?

And the Saffers have win, win, draw, win and they move down?

Like the old saying goes buddy; chockers wont be considered seriously till they perform against the best :)) ...

Pretty pathetic stuff from the Aussies today. They had a chance to assert themselves and take control of the test match and blew it. To be down 1-0 and score at the rate that they have just isn't on.

Credit to India though, I haven't been watching but I imagine they've bowled with far greater discipline and intensity than they did yesterday.

Woah! Aussies were scoring at 4 runs per over yesterday! whats happened today?

98 runs scored in just 58 overs! Its pathetic! There chance to level series is slipping away!

Amjid Javed said:
Woah! Aussies were scoring at 4 runs per over yesterday! whats happened today?

98 runs scored in just 58 overs! Its pathetic! There chance to level series is slipping away!

Now we have scored 102 runs in 58 overs. Absolutely pathetic effort from what is on paper a world class deep batting line up.

The first session India bowled defensively sure but we have been garbage for the whole day.

Australia need to get atleast 100 runs out of the last session today to stay in the game!

Haddin starting to get the idea two fours in a row off mishra!

Random Aussie said:
Now we have scored 102 runs in 58 overs. Absolutely pathetic effort from what is on paper a world class deep batting line up.

The first session India bowled defensively sure but we have been garbage for the whole day.

I think Coach and skipper are to blame here because it seems ever since the 2nd test has started the attitude has been one of a team that believes that they cant win in these conditions! Pointing body language has been poor and has transmitted through the team like wildfire!

Aus 312/6 - need to get to 400 as quickly as possible!

India bowling negatively here and trying to force Aussies mistakes!

52 run partnership between the Haddin/white! shewag appeals for an LBW which is rightly not given!

Amjid Javed said:
India bowling negatively here and trying to force Aussies mistakes!

Been doing that all day but we have not been good (or brave) enough to counter it.

Nice recovery from Haddin and White here, 50 partnership. Only 125 behind now so we are still in the game but man, we could have been in a much better position.

Haddin gone, again to a stupid shot, again after making between 25 and 45.

:po: :po: This bloke is supposed to be a gun, he clearly is not.

Haddin gone! poor dismissal! Tried to kick ball away outisde off stick! Ball takes edge and dravid does the rest!

7 down!

White needs to open up here and get some runs! Australia stuck in a Rut!

Krejza ahead of Lee, hmmm. Guess he can bat then.

Agree Amjid, White might as well go the smash soon. Batting slowly has not worked.

India have been pretty good in the field today!

Australia have 20 overs or so to bat today... runs needed!

All poking and proding around is doing is causing more pressure for Aussies and eventually someone will just get out!

Out of the last 5 tests played between sides 3 have been drawn and india have won 2.

It seems ever since perth India have caused Australia to go back into their shells!

Thankfully four more years before we have to come back here....:D

We are no good in these conditions

I sniff a series win here. The BG trophy is ours. Well done India :135:

Australia should be level with Indias 1st inns total aroudn about tea on day 5! FFFS!

Smack the bloody ball!

Amjid Javed said:
Australia should be level with Indias 1st inns total aroudn about tea on day 5! FFFS!

Smack the bloody ball!

I have refused to watch the majority of today to avoid the rage you must be feeling.....

Aussies trying to up the ante on the selection committee. All playing like Krapich, in the hopes Krapich will be elevated to Kraptaincy.

Or perhaps theyre after the "moral victory"

New ball taken and in a flurry of action a single is taken.

I repeat a run has been scored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back