India vs Aus | 4th Test | Day 3 | Nagpur | 8/11/08

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all seriousness, what the hell are the cocky, all powerful Australian cricket side doing? They look helpless to up the ante (NEEDED NOW) and White and Krejza arent even TRYING ?!
Baffling.

Krezja gone! Time for White to play some 20/20 shots!

Ohh man Lee must really be in the bad books of Harbhajan's bunny, to be sent in at number 11, he def can hold the bat better than that..

In 77 overs to date today, the Aussies have scored a mere 144 runs.

What the hell are the Aussies upto? 1-0 down and playing for a consolation draw !!?!

Another dropped catch ! :po:

Sharma bending his back to Johnson; givin it right back to him, cant believe Laxman just dropped that catch.. Another one boyssssss...

If India grab a lead of aroun 100, and bat frantically until tea tomorow (likely with Sehwags), they can set the Aussies around 350 to win.
Or alternatively, they can bat until the end of day 5, and grind the Aussies into the dirt.

I really dont think I can recall an Australian side play so negatively. This is rubbish given the circumstances in the series. I would have expected them to go hell for leather in this test match - better to go down fighting than so meekly.

Aus just 100 behind now but still batting like snails!

Amjid Javed said:
Aus just 100 behind now but still batting like snails!

Amjid the game is most definitely over. Australia have batted waay too slow today, when India eventually bat, they'll bat out Day 4 comfortably, on a pitch with no demons, and will draw the test, win the series. I really can't understand these tactics:(

A boundary! Bloody hell! Top shot by white!

1st boundary after 18 overs

Aus 348/8 now just around 6/7 overs left in day

Another 4 for white and Next ball he goes to the slog sweep!

352/9 now...

Australia trying to set a record for the least amount of runs scored in a day ?

I predict Krezja will get a perfect 10 in the second innings :p

kashif77 said:
Australia trying to set a record for the least amount of runs scored in a day ?

I think they have gone past that!

Australia 355 All out and India will have to bat maybe 1 or 2 overs tonight!

Lead is 86 runs!

India have to bat 1 over! Australia have a chance to have india 6 down tonight :p

Amjid Javed said:
India have to bat 1 over! Australia have a chance to have india 6 down tonight :p

Anything is possible with the new spin beast ;-)

cmon ricky .. give krezja that over !

Least number of runs in a full test match day is 95 runs!

Day 1 in karachi in 1956 - Australia 80 all out of 53 overs and pakistan were 15/2 in reply after 25 overs...!

we actually managed to bowl australia out for 80 ?

wow !

The wickets of the two Michaels, Clarke and Hussey, and Shane Watson in the space of 37 deliveries undid plenty of hard work and turned the match India's way during a gripping afternoon session. Australia were inching towards India's first-innings 441, with Hussey set for another hundred, but a burst of wickets left them 161 runs adrift. Hussey's determination was in keeping with the platform he built with centurion Simon Katich in the morning.

Cricinfo masalaing their commentary;)

Australia need to just attack and take 10 cheap wickets here!

It'll all depend on how the Indian decide to bat tomorrow, and whether Sehwag can do the job for us. If he is able to do his job, we'll be in a very good position.

if sehwag gets going tomm! with dhoni it is going to be indians match! but still they have a lot to do

Bumblebee said:
if sehwag gets going tomm! with dhoni it is going to be indians match! but still they have a lot to do
The first part of the job for the Indians is to play aggressively, and score at atleast 4 or 4.5 runs per over, and Sehwag needs to do his job. If he fails, it'll be difficult for India to score runs as fast as it would like to. Also, Dhoni needs to promote himself at number 3, with Tendulkar and Ganguly coming in at no. 4 and no. 5 respectively.

Depends on how Sehwag starts the day.

This is just Pathetic. The main reason why the Aussie's have done so poorly on this tour has the simple reason that they have played extremely Defensive cricket throughout. This was the ideal opportunity for their batter's to bat well, get in front of India with a lead and put them under pressure.

Anyways its important that the Indians bat well and put runs on the board. I think the series is over for the Aussies.

Random Aussie said:
No he would have to win 80% of his matches to be Ponting mark 2.

That is not going to happen.

:D

And he will need to have McGrath, Warne, Gilly in his team...See what happens when the best leave the stage...

I dont know about all this talk of a series win with 2 days left. Why dont we concentrate on WINNING this match? India's in a good position, but if at this point we play out a draw, it may be tactically sound but it still shows that India's defensive.

Australian rant starts - now the rules will surely be changed...
Coming from Ian Chappell:

"It is not the sort of cricket I like to see. Administrators have got to think about suggesting that perhaps no more than two-thirds of the fielders can be on one side of the wicket. It really isn't a lot of fun watching the bowlers bowling well wide of the stumps and batsmen putting their bats on their shoulders."

It seems to run in the Aussie culture - can dish it but cant take it....

To Random Aussie and OZGOD:

Have to say something for you. Regardless of this test match outcome, even if the aussies still win it, have to congratulate you guys for being extremely good sports. There's been plenty of tension, plenty of mud slinging on both sides of the fence. You deserve the most credit for sticking with your team through thick and thin. That's called a true supporter. Hope some of your other people can learn this trait.

criccric said:
Australian rant starts - now the rules will surely be changed...
Coming from Ian Chappell:

"It is not the sort of cricket I like to see. Administrators have got to think about suggesting that perhaps no more than two-thirds of the fielders can be on one side of the wicket. It really isn't a lot of fun watching the bowlers bowling well wide of the stumps and batsmen putting their bats on their shoulders."

It seems to run in the Aussie culture - can dish it but cant take it....

The Aussie's adopted similar defensive tactics in 2004 in the series that they won. The English did the same against Pakistani's, Indians and Sri Lankans in the 2000-02 victories against these teams.

Agreed Chappel is just being a poor sport i am afraid. The Aussie's have also tried to be defensive in this series and unfortunately they fail to acknowledge that they have just not been good enough.

Savak said:
The Aussie's adopted similar defensive tactics in 2004 in the series that they won. The English did the same against Pakistani's, Indians and Sri Lankans in the 2000-02 victories against these teams.

Agreed Chappel is just being a poor sport i am afraid. The Aussie's have also tried to be defensive in this series and unfortunately they fail to acknowledge that they have just not been good enough.

i have seen many teams atopting this tactics of having everyfielder on one side of the wicket and bowl on one side. i dont understand why chappel did not raise this law changing stuff before this match? even in this series, i have seen michell johnson doing it many times, angling across the right hand batsmen.

Last edited:
^^ the Sri Lankans and Aussies have been doing this since long. Infact I can vouch, Aussies have done it when the score read 0/0. No big deal.

India usually does it when they have their backs to the wall when the lead goes past 400-450 and that too with the leg side game. This was something new. Doesnt make a pretty game but the batter Hussey and katich and also negative batsmen especially hussey. I am glad he got his own medicine of negative play.

What a dull days play.

It was like watching paint dry at times. Really this Aussie side is a pale shadow of some of the previous teams who would have taken the bull by the horns, scored quickly and declared with an hours play to go today.

they are also going up against dare I say the best bowling lineup India has ever produced, LMAO.

don't remember the last time i switched off from test cricket to watch something else(HK super sixes). Very negative tactics from IND and a poor advertisement of an already struggling version of the game but the scorecard suggests that it all worked so good luck to them.

p.s HK super sixes were equally boring.

It was dull and negative cricket, lopsided fields and all but you do what you need to do to win, and OZ couldn't capitalise. Draw or Indian win are the only options now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back