India vs Australia | 4th Test | Delhi | 22/3/13 | Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
7/153 at tea. Typically the great Peter Siddle showing more application at the crease than his more credentialled counterparts.

Seems like Aussie ppers lost interest already. Now talking about domestic cricketers. Next, what they'l have for dinner. Next, what brand of shoes they wear. ;-)

Well we are going to lose this Test, seems obvious.
But we are still here when losing unlike many of your countrymen posters :D

All is not lost for OZs on this track. Smith seems to have well settled and on the way to yet another decent score. IMHO, Bowling attack that OZs have chosen this time would be perfect for these conditions. I am fearing for Johnson and Pattinson to wreak havoc with their pace against our inexperienced top and middle order batters.

Aussie pacers will do on this track eneven bounce, Aussies shouldn't lose hope, if they grind to 250 game on

Aussie pacers will do on this track eneven bounce, Aussies shouldn't lose hope, if they grind to 250 game on

Smith is crucial for those runs.

Also factor in that India are batting last on this wicket.

Unless Smith turns into Warne any thing less than 400 won't be any good. Even then Aus won't be out of the woods. Post 500+ then game on :D

8th wicket partnership between Smith and Siddle so far 18 runs

These two have played out 16 overs together and Siddle in particular has faced 46 balls for his 6 runs

8th wicket partnership crosses 50 with that boundary from Siddle's bat

53 runs off 26.2 overs so far

I don't understand why we dole out free runs to batsmen #8-#11.

Ashwin to Smith, OUT, sharp offbreak, sharp catch. Rahane's first Test contribution with no "sub" next to his name.

Happy he's finally got a game.

Aussies getting Raped by India again, no shock here then.

Wade's wrong decision canceled out with Pattinson's not been given out I guess

Last edited:
200 up for OZs

Still just over 45 minutes of play left for the day. Can India finish the tail of OZ by this evening?

200 up for OZs

Still just over 45 minutes of play left for the day. Can India finish the tail of OZ by this evening?

I would hope so. I would like them to start bowling at the Indian openers.

As is typical, it is left to the tail to salvage some respectability. Some of these other blokes need to take a good long hard look at themselves in the mirror. It's during times of challenge and adversity that we find out what people are made of.

Last edited:
I would hope so. I would like them to start bowling at the Indian openers.

As is typical, it is left to the tail to salvage some respectability.

That's very true. I don't have the stats but I won't be surprised if most of the runs that OZs scored in this series comes from partnership between lower order batters and tailenders.

World tails, come to India. We'll all make you look like the Bradmen of lower order batting.

in the last match it was starc and now siddle..seriously whats wrong with our bowlers?

"Dhoni is getting a head massage. The allotted overs have been done and so the Indian players can take their time. - cricbuzz" ............. LOL.

Okay enough mucking around. Get the remaining couple of guys out NOW.

Problem with this team is no heart, note two Victorians out there showing some fight.

Gift soft Sydney boys Tests look what happens.

Australia should seriously consider flipping its batting order, it will give more coushin to Siddle, Starc, pattinson et al to score big.

4 tests, same old same old.

No one but Patto, Starc & Siddle emerging from this tour with reputation intact so far. Steve Smith hasn't been too bad in his couple of goes but second innings will decide for him.

Aussies bowling is on par or maybe even slightly better than Eng ( Pacers ) , but spin and Batting , Eng have the edge.

It will be really tough for Aussies to win a game in England.

If KP does not recover in time, then even their batting will be in trouble. You just need to get Cook early (easier said than done though).

With Swann missing, their spin bowling is also not potent enough, and moreover, you don't need to worry about spin in England.

I think the Aussies do have a chance in the Ashes.

With Swann missing, their spin bowling is also not potent enough, and moreover, you don't need to worry about spin in England.

In the 2009 Ashes tour, they adopted the same attitude going into the decider at The Oval. England laid out a spinning track, and the Aussies didn't pick Hauritz. The rest is history.

And Swann will be fit and raring to go for the Ashes, I'm sure.

In the 2009 Ashes tour, they adopted the same attitude going into the decider at The Oval. England laid out a spinning track, and the Aussies didn't pick Hauritz. The rest is history.

And Swann will be fit and raring to go for the Ashes, I'm sure.

No doubt he will tweet about it

I think Abul Hasan, BD pacer, should easily get into the Australian side. He is as good as starc and siddle when it comes to batting. Has an average of 82.5 in tests :D

Back to being honest, abul is a better player of spin than many of these aussies batsman, and also some of the so called bangladeshi "batsman" as well (riad, ashraful)

On this pitch after having such a grip over OZ batters (149 for 7) and then to let that grip go off like we did in the last hour or so does not augurs well for Team India.

I am worried about OZ pacers and a possible very smallish 1st inning total from our batters (if we can match the 1st inning score of OZs that itself will be a reliever for me)

Last edited:
Aus need to somehow sneak their way past 300. That would at least give their bowlers something to work with. Interested to see how MJ goes on this track. This is probably the best Aus attack this entire series I reckon.

If KP does not recover in time, then even their batting will be in trouble. You just need to get Cook early (easier said than done though).

I think the Aussies do have a chance in the Ashes.

KP will recover in time. Even if he doesn't, Nick Compton looks a fairly solid opener and Trott is always difficult to dislodge so our batting is still pretty good. The only problem if KP did miss would be the run rate. Those three at the top don't score quick and if there's bad weather due then it could cost us tests if we don't score runs quick enough. KP is good at bringing the run rate but these days he tends to either play well of play awful. We still have Prior as well, but Ian Bell's the one he needs to sort himself out. Swann will also be back and Swann can be dangerous on pitches that don't spin much.

Also what the hell happened to Nathan Hauritz?

Last edited:

Well, if last two bats can add 50-70 runs from here on day 2, it might not be so easy for India to bat here. Uneven bounce can work very well if Aus fast bowlers bowl wicket to wicket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back