Status
Not open for further replies.

cricketworm

ODI Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
India look to wrap up early.

And will try to post big total.

Australia will try to get as many as runs possible.

Their pacers may look to use the pitch properly.

Well the tailenders are out and two of our best batsmen in these conditions are in. Im expecting at least 450, then a quick declaration to put India under pressure against our spinners.

Signs are ominous for a tough day of cricket for our team. OZs have already got a decent 1st innings total which may not be easy to go past on this track with our young inexperienced batters. Plus there are 2 wickets still remaining for OZs which we need to try and get ASAP.

Johnson looking decent. So is Pattinson.

Watson seems like a pretty clueless captain. Just some initial impressions.

Great to watch this, the best young fast bowler in the world bowling to (IMO) the best young Test batsman in the world.

Patto rips one through him first ball, second ball Pujara stands up and hammers him through the covers.

Going by the way this series has gone, we should be looking at a wicket around lunch time tomorrow.
MJ delivers a nice half volley which Pujara happily hammers down the ground.

Imagine the damage Pattinson could have done if he had some senior bowlers around him as mentors

Johnson looking decent. So is Pattinson.

Watson seems like a pretty clueless captain. Just some initial impressions.

Agree. Patto bowls a wide short ball that goes for four, so Watto puts a man at deep cover for the third ball of his best and fastest bowlers spell. And Siddle should be opening the bowling, MJ has been playing cricket for 20 years and still cant stand the seam up. And both Patto and MJ go for runs, which is why you should have Siddle keeping it tight.

Btw has Watson captained domestically?

Btw has Watson captained domestically?

Nope

He became VC through being the second most senior player.

And somehow through CA's weakness remained as VC after getting suspended.

Cowan should be captain.

Wonder if Watto will bowl himself

Nope

Cowan should be captain.

Whats wrong with Warner?I think he has captained some LOIs too

Nope

Cowan should be captain.

What about Haddin? Experience as captain shouldn't be discounted even if that is domestically.

This is why Bailey should be in the side.

He is going to be a very good player for you for a long long time. Best Indian talent I have seen since Tendulkar.

Best Indian bat I've seen since Tendulkar was Dravid.

Next best Pujara. Plays percentage cricket. What you want in your number 3.

Warner would be doing well to count to eleven, let alone captain the Test side.

:)) you'd think that Watson with so many games as VC should have been picking up the odd thing or two from the brains trust that is Clarke.

Question - have the Indian openers ever looked under pressure in this series? It's amazing how many runs are leaked by the opening bowlers.

What about Haddin? Experience as captain shouldn't be discounted even if that is domestically.

This is why Bailey should be in the side.

Bailey and Haddin aren't in the best XI. I would love to have Bailey in the side but he has to score enough runs to jusify it.

Whats wrong with Warner?I think he has captained some LOIs too

He's about as bright as Watto.

Cowan did well as Australia A captain.

Best Indian bat I've seen since Tendulkar was Dravid.

Next best Pujara. Plays percentage cricket. What you want in your number 3.

Forgot Dravid. But since that era anyway. Has the technique and temperament to play anywhere, unlike many of the young Indian bats.

Question - have the Indian openers ever looked under pressure in this series? It's amazing how many runs are leaked by the opening bowlers.

Which is why Siddle or another bowler with control should bowl at the other end to Patto. Patto has the licence to go for wickets and therefore runs, bowling an erratic leftie at the other end is stupid.

Has Starc gone and injured himself again?

This bowling will not GET 20 wickets.

Since you already know this is going to be a draw, why bother with your posts?

Every Test you post its going to be a draw, every Test it isnt, but you pony up next Test and declare a draw after three overs anyway. Stick to commentary, your predictions are no good.

The great Peter Siddle has needs one wicket for 150 Test wickets, average 28.77. Creditable. And better than Jimmy Anderson.

Every Test you post its going to be a draw, every Test it isnt, but you pony up next Test and declare a draw after three overs anyway. Stick to commentary, your predictions are no good.

I meant Aussies bowling will not get 20 wickets

Which is why Siddle or another bowler with control should bowl at the other end to Patto. Patto has the licence to go for wickets and therefore runs, bowling an erratic leftie at the other end is stupid.

The great man comes on and bowls a maiden. Easy as you like.

If Mitch spent as much time trying to get the seam upright as he does on getting his hairparting symmetrical and beard outline shaped... Maybe he might be half decent

I fear he is like Sami. Can someone just get him angry.

@RA - U know why he does that (especially on Indian match threads), right? :yk

This is why I like the great Peter Siddle (aside from clocking the Angry Dwarf in the head with his first ball in Test cricket), he learns from his mistakes. Bowled poorly the first couple of Tests, now has worked it out. Keep it on a length, nothing fancy and keep it tight.

MJ hasnt learnt one thing since he debuted, he is still as dumb a bowler as Brett Lee.

you think he can do well overseas?I dont hes been tested enough so far

I think he can do well everywhere. Has it all. Obviously it is up to him and he might fail but I dont see any obvious reason why he would, has the tools and temperament to handle all bowling.

That shot of Watson grimacing says it all. He is way out of his depth here. And he has just had the birth of his first child. So his mind is probably not even there. Poor move by Ca

Also was Sachin on a mobile phone texting someone in the dressing room?

Nope. Just taping his hands up

Vijay living dangerously there with some not so safe shots(edges) through slip cordon.

I think he can do well everywhere. Has it all. Obviously it is up to him and he might fail but I dont see any obvious reason why he would, has the tools and temperament to handle all bowling.

good.I think he might struggle against swing,but thats just me

Peter siddle is an average bowler. The Australian equivalent to Ishant Sharma.

An average bowler with a lower average than your 'best swing bowler in a generation'?

This bowling will not GET 20 wickets.

Aus is bowling pretty well. Wicket to Wicket. I think it won't be easy for new batsmen to score once ball is old if they keep bowling same line.

Is pattinson deliberately trying to get that pout after every single delivery in his attempt to look like Daniel craig (License to wicket) or is it something else ?

I fear he is like Sami. Can someone just get him angry.

What's the point.. he ll go ahead and bang his head into Batsman's helmet .. or maybe in a brick wall. With him u never know.

One of Butterworth and Faulkner has to tour England

Is pattinson deliberately trying to get that pout after every single delivery in his attempt to look like Daniel craig (License to wicket) or is it something else ?.

Warne used to do it, think it is a copy of that.

Warne used to do it, think it is a copy of that.

Really? But pattinson does it with extra dedication it seems. Be it a leave, a bye, a run or a boundary.. out comes the pout from the holster. Only the music seems to be missing.

N Warne used to gobble pies too. Would be bad for pattinson to imitate that.

Peter siddle is an average bowler. The Australian equivalent to Ishant Sharma.

But he has better records than even great Anderson, who is supposed to be second best bowler in world. I think Siddle is decent bowler. He is not Mcgrath but good bowler who gives 100% in each match.

An average bowler with a lower average than your 'best swing bowler in a generation'?

I should think so. He's played less test matches and he also didn't bowl against Aus in 06/07 ashes where Anderson struggled.

Not sure why you bothered anyway. It's not like Pakistan will win a series in Australia anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back