India vs Australia | 4th Test | Delhi | 22/3/13 | Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a week batting line up for Australia...why did they let ponting and Hussey retire!!!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Such a week batting line up for Australia...why did they let ponting and Hussey retire!!!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Both got owned by England in the latter stages of their career so that's why. They have great averages so why ruin them?

Both got owned by England in the latter stages of their career so that's why. They have great averages so why ruin them?

Just like Tendulkar is ruining his average by staying too long, how selfish is he. He plays for records :D

Siddle is fast bowling equivalent of Kumble imo.not much exceptional skill,but a lot of heart and would be at the batsman unrelentingly

no help from pitch for fast bowlers yet..I wonder how was ishants ball getting uneven bounce yesterday

Nothing really happening for us, we cant buy wickets.

I am curious why we didnt bother sending over replacements for Bird and Starc. I am sure Gilly can tell me why that was a good idea.

We need to get Bailey into this side immediately. He doesnt have the best numbers but he has lifted his game every time at international level. And we sorely need some leadership in the team.

Watson isnt it, and isnt worth a place if he doesnt bowl. Warner being captain is a joke, and nobody else has a firm spot, Siddle aside. I love Siddle but he aint going to be captain.

didn't know a day would come when i would not even bother to check the scorecard of an Aus vs Ind match...when in the past i used to have butterflies in my stomach following every ball anxiously.

We need to get Bailey into this side immediately. He doesnt have the best numbers but he has lifted his game every time at international level. And we sorely need some leadership in the team.

Watson isnt it, and isnt worth a place if he doesnt bowl. Warner being captain is a joke, and nobody else has a firm spot, Siddle aside. I love Siddle but he aint going to be captain.

There's a big problem with the attitude of the side eh mate. I haven't seen an OZ side turn it up like this and go through the motions. There doesn't seem to be any fighting spirit, pride in performance or any aggression or positive intent shown. To me positive intent isn't about cowlashing the ball, it's about doing the basics right - put a price on your wicket, put the ball in the right areas and persevere without head and shoulders dropping when you're getting flogged.

I hope India put up 600 in 2 days and we get mullered by an innings so we can go home with NO positives and it will force these blokes AND the selectors to take a good hard look at themselves. The true quality of a person comes out when he is put under the pump under immense pressure - I think a few of these blokes have shown they are not up to it when they are down in the trenches and the pressure is intense.

Four needless overthrows, then a wild ball for four byes. This is embarassing, we are unravelling here.

Finger has to be pointed at the captain (Clarke) who is responsible for the culture of the team. He is not here for this game but if he was a leader, the team wouldnt be falling apart this way.

There's a big problem with the attitude of the side eh mate. I haven't seen an OZ side turn it up like this and go through the motions. There doesn't seem to be any fighting spirit, pride in performance or any aggression or positive intent shown. To me positive intent isn't about cowlashing the ball, it's about doing the basics right - put a price on your wicket, put the ball in the right areas and persevere without head and shoulders dropping when you're getting flogged.

I hope India put up 600 in 2 days and we get mullered by an innings so we can go home with NO positives and it will force these blokes AND the selectors to take a good hard look at themselves. The true quality of a person comes out when he is put under the pump under immense pressure - I think a few of these blokes have shown they are not up to it when they are down in the trenches and the pressure is intense.

Yep its a disgrace, no shame in losing but competitiveness is not negotiable. MJ you can GTFO and stay out of our team.

Thank god we got a wicket, Lyon bowls Pujara. Into the tail now!

The culture of the Aussie team started to change the day Katich and Clarke had a bust up over singing the team song in the dressing room. Katich was the last of old school Aussie.

Yep its a disgrace, no shame in losing but competitiveness is not negotiable. MJ you can GTFO and stay out of our team.

Thank god we got a wicket, Lyon bowls Pujara. Into the tail now!

Yea it's just the way they have rolled over. Show some bloody fight eh.

Lyon gets a wicket by not turning the ball enough - lol

So I guess Tendy will be batting at 4 no matter what.

Lyon to Pujara, OUT, timbah. Just like Siddle got out. Length ball, offbreak, outside off, Pujara does everything right in defence, but the ball doesn't turn enough and hits the top of off

LOL

I see Kohli hasnt learnt any more sportsmanship since I last saw him bat. Guys such a brat.

Sad to say it after looking at that replay, but Kohli is dishonest. He did not hit that ball and tried to cheat his way out of the decison. No need for it, team has won the series, its not like he is about to be dropped.

Predictable bouncer from Patto to Tendy first ball is predictable.

Predictable post delivery sledge is also predictable.

Lyon looking much much better than what he has looked like this series.

The curator needs to be crucified :)) Call for a turning pitch is one thing and dishing out this is just :facepalm:

I understand the pitches are not too difficult to bat and the bowlers are not too threatening as well but still surprising consistency from Vijay. For a third time in the series (out of 6 innings that he had played so far) he has gone past 50 runs.

Heartening to see Johnson bowl some lovely deliveries.. Always a pleasure to watch him

Ajmalesque bowling from Lyon so far, none of the batters found him easy to play at.

that's why the BCCI doesn't want DRS...

Tenda PLUMB NOT GIVEN :moyo

Lyon to Tendulkar, no run, huge huge lbw shout as Tendulkar is beaten on the sweep. That has pitched middle and leg, and has hit him in front of middle. Only height could have saved him, but I'd say he was a goner there. Lucky to get away with this

pathetic cheating

Last edited:
That decision was ********, starting to get sick of all these errors against Oz.

Sachin should have had been back in the Hut.
Two LBW's not given.

And our spinners found it difficult to get their tail!

Hope u seen Ashwin's shout for a close (looked MORE plumb than Sachin's) LBW shout against a new batter Pattinson only to be turned down by Kettleborough dude last evening.

That was OUt #sachin...............who was the umpire Dar or the other fellow

HawkEye at Cricinfo shows that both of them were hitting the stumps.

IS this pitch worthy of being fined or called dangerous by the ICC ( although I-Can't-C will not admit) but what you folks say

Some contentious decisions from the umps so far

Watson edge/stumping - Not out given by Kettleborrough and S.Ravi

Wade - Catch - Out given by Dar

Pattinson LBW off Ashwin (1st ball) - Not out given by Kettleborrough

Sachin LBW - Not out given by Kettleborrough

OZ 2 : India 2

Johnson needs to get in he is a rhythm bowler if gets a wicket or 2 then it will set him up nicely for the remaining game

Tendya looks like getting out any time. He did not find his touch this series also. He should retire.

Why will an umpire give Sachin lbw in India without DRS even if it is as plumb as it was!!!

Sachin been out TWICE LBW so far, so India 3, Oz 2.

Apparently Sachin is playing under BCCI baseball rules, takes 3 strikes to get him out.

So sad to see one of the great player of modern era still playing(struggling) way past his expiry date.

One bad decision favoring India and all the trolls come out of the woodworks. It was quiet here for a long time. How much noise was made when Cook and Clarke got all those decisions in their favor.

Sir Sachin is in the decline phase of the product life cycle but is still carrying on to elongate this phase......A good marketing Manager needed here :p

My fears of our batters struggling on this pitch comes true but only difference is I was expecting trouble from Pacers instead Lyon's offies. We are still railing OZs by141 runs.

This is where those important 120 runs scored by the last 3 wickets of OZ lower order batters will come into play I guess.

Last edited:
One bad decision favoring India and all the trolls come out of the woodworks. It was quiet here for a long time. How much noise was made when Cook and Clarke got all those decisions in their favor.

If it was a random bad decision would not have said anything. Just like Wade was given out yesterday.

But, as plum as it was, that could only be one batsman, Sachin Tendulkar!

All said and done Tendu should just retire. Struggling against mighty Lyon now. Would be an easy wicket in SA if he continues. :sachin please retire gracefully. You wont get a better chance than this.

If it was a random bad decision would not have said anything. Just like Wade was given out yesterday.

But, as plum as it was, that could only be one batsman, Sachin Tendulkar!

Cook was plumb twice in the past series. He went on to make 100s on both occassions. So its not just :sachin

Mitch bowling bouncers n yorkers with pace on this uneven wicket.......hope he gets a wicket quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back