India vs England | 1st Test | Ahmedabad | 18/11/12 | Day 4

Gonna get seriously wombated in all likelihood. Getting all out for 190 usually costs you a test match and rightly so.

England to score 500. India to get 125 all out. :afridi

In all seriousness, I think the Englishmen will get 350 all out, and India will win by 10 wickets.

Cook or bust, he just seems like the only one who has the game to bat 4-5 sessions and save a match.

I think india will win but i also think england can push this into day 5.

There are some pretty good odds on it all being over by tea. Worth a couple of quid perhaps.

Fresh Indian spinners will come hard this morning, still I think if Cook and Compo can do the dirty work and tear them down till afternoon, England will have a good chance with KP going after them later.

Ok fun is over...time to wrap up this now..

I am expecting by lunch this is almost over and by tea players have packed

To save this game Eng has to bat another 140 overs at least, not that easy as it looks.

Harsha's laughter went longer than England batting. so annoying.

If Trott and KP can get some runs in addition to Cook who has done so already, it gives them good momentum for test match #2.

Get off it Bumble. Why would you show the winning after follow-on 1981 Headingly?

Either show the ones where we lose massively by an innings or 10 wicket losses.

I breathe so much easier when Cook is on strike rather than Compton.

Only if Eng could have done this in the 1st innings.

:))) :))) :)))Dhoni missed the easiest stumping and people blame only Kami:p

Unlucky Ashwin, 2 Lives for Compton in the morning so far.

Need a wicket ASAP

Dhoni should probably have a go at the umps for that missed stumping as well. It's not his fault.

Still Cook is the dangerman for us, he has the ability to stay long at the crease and make big scores. Need to get him out before the lunch break.

Zak has bowled very well this morning. One more wicket from him before lunch would be great.

Just saw an Twitter Update on Gambhir's long absence in the field since yesterday afternoon. His Granny passed away, hence he left to Delhi for attending her funeral.

Last edited:
Just saw an Twitter Update on Gambhir's long absence in the field since yesterday afternoon. His Granny passed away hence he left to Delhi for attend her funeral.

Sad news. Grandparents are huge. My condolences to him, for what it matters. Good of him to choose his grandmother over something as ultimately trivial as cricket.

Sad news. Grandparents are huge. My condolences to him, for what it matters. Good of him to choose his grandmother over something as ultimately trivial as cricket.
Sad news.

Does this mean that India will be batting with 10 men if they are required to?

MSD's keeping has been below par this morning

Cook 8 away from a well deserved 100

Seriously? Really?

England will score enough that Gambhir needing to bat will become an issue? HA.

Quite fathomable that India may need to bat again with 178 runs to go.

And if Swann gets them to 20/8, then the Gambit does need to come back. :)

Quite fathomable that India may need to bat again with 178 runs to go.

And if Swann gets them to 20/8, then the Gambit does need to come back. :)

Usually the rules state that a batsman returning can come in after a certain number of overs or at a certain position in the lineup, whichever is first. So he shouldn't be denied the opportunity to bat.

Ouch. Brutal.

KP coming out now, no heroics please. Get in.

Lol at people discussing about whether Gambhir comes back or not..

He dont have to bat again in this match...

Last edited:
Trott seems to be about 25% of the player he used to be.

Interesting by the angry dwarf, would he have done the same if the game was in balance?

Trott seems to be about 25% of the player he used to be.

Interesting by the angry dwarf, would he have done the same if the game was in balance?

Just read from Cricinfo that Gambhir was so close to his granny (infact was raised by her). Herein India we gave loads of importance to our elders (especially grand parents more than even parents) so I can understand his action.

Just read from Cricinfo that Gambhir was so close to his granny (infact was raised by her). Herein India we gave loads of importance to our elders (especially grand parents more than even parents) so I can understand his action.

Has any Indian player previously left in the middle of a Test match for the same reason? Curious.

KP gone. ECB must be glad they bent over backwards and let the world laugh at them for this guy now.

Back