India vs England | 2nd Test | Mumbai

Jeetu111

Tape Ball Captain
Runs
Indian 11 will have just 1 change - Ishant for Yadav .
English 11 is tough to predict - Bell on paternity leave , Broad doubtful , Bresnan & Patel were ineffective & both might be dropped .

Inputs from cricket365 on the wicket at Wankhede : The coastal placement of the Wankhede Stadium affords swing bowlers some assistance during the early stages of each day. The deck, traditionally, has been conducive to big totals, yet it does help the slow bowlers across the last couple of days.

[http://www.cricket365.com/basket/15293/story/8263541/Pitch-report-Wankhede-Stadium ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Will Eng even turn up? If they do I think it's only fair to give them a 200 run head start. :D

Will Eng even turn up? If they do I think it's only fair to give them a 200 run head start. :D

buddy,i do not think it is going to be a cakewalk for hosts . What do you think would be the visitors playing 11 ? Do you think they will field say Monty ,Anderson , Onion , Swann, Prior , Patel , Morgan, KP, Trott, Compton & Cook ?

buddy,i do not think it is going to be a cakewalk for hosts . What do you think would be the visitors playing 11 ? Do you think they will field say Monty ,Anderson , Onion , Swann, Prior , Patel , Morgan, KP, Trott, Compton & Cook ?

Whoever plays Eng will need at least a 200 run head start. :yk

Ishant Sharma? Oh no.The guy just cannot get wickets , not even the tailenders. The perennial "unlucky bowler" who either tries too much or nothing at all. Zak needs reverse swing to be potent. Cook need not worry about getting dismissed early this match.

I predict another victory although a bit hard fought than the last one. Gooo India.

Ishant Sharma? Oh no.The guy just cannot get wickets , not even the tailenders. The perennial "unlucky bowler" who either tries too much or nothing at all. Zak needs reverse swing to be potent. Cook need not worry about getting dismissed early this match.

I predict another victory although a bit hard fought than the last one. Gooo India.

buddy,Dinda is even worse . I expect a close test match too btw .

Eng need to risk Finn. No use in playing him after the series cannot be won. And please promote Prior already.

buddy,Dinda is even worse . I expect a close test match too btw .

Dinda is unproved in tests , I'll reserve my judgement. He did get the most wickets in last Ranji season, but yeah i'll take Ishant over him-the bloke doesn't leak runs and applies pressure. Its not a pacey track anyways.

Last edited:
Bhajji should play if Yadav's unfit.cant play 2 pacers just for the sake of it

^ There is nothing left to exploit after Ashwin and Ojha... We should play Irfan..... he is better option then Dinda and Bhajji

Indian 11 will have just 1 change - Ishant for Yadav .
English 11 is tough to predict - Bell on paternity leave , Broad doubtful , Bresnan & Patel were ineffective & both might be dropped .

Concur on Draco and Bres. I reckon they will go in with:

Cook
Compo III
Trott
KP
Bairstow II
Prior
Fatel
Swann
Jimmy
Onions
Monty

Shame about Finn, but maybe he can make an impact in the last two matches.

Cook
Compo III
Trott
KP
Bairstow II
Prior
Fatel
Swann
Jimmy
Onions
Monty

good to see you want a 5th bowling option in your personal 11 . I hope Flower & Cook dont go ultra-defensive & pack 6 pure bats + prior & 4 bowlers.

Cook
Compo III
Trott
KP
Bairstow II
Prior
Fatel
Swann
Jimmy
Onions
Monty

Is Tomatoes playing :asif

On a serious note, looks a good pick. How good is Meaker though. Onions is more of a tight line and length bowler I presume.

One gets the feeling that England are not comfortable playing with just 2 pacers. Yet they will have to get Monty in. But Mumbai's humidity might force their hands when it comes to the team composition. Maybe Patel to sit out. All in all, too many headaches for the English camp.

Get ready to get your pants red :redsoil

Last edited:
I think 3 spinners & 1 pacer in Mumbai might be wrong as the ball does move around in the first session .

I think 3 spinners & 1 pacer in Mumbai might be wrong as the ball does move around in the first session .

but our strength is spin.Dinda n Ishant dont move it anyways.if PK or Irfan was in the squad,I'd hv voted for them

Cant pick players with just the first session in mind. There are 15 potential sessions in a match :yk. Spin will still be the major factor in the match. Also what good is Ishant in any conditions if he cant land the ball in the right spot :wasim

but our strength is spin.Dinda n Ishant dont move it anyways.if PK or Irfan was in the squad,I'd hv voted for them

you have a point but did you see Bhajji bowl in last 2 years ? I think he has lost it .

you have a point but did you see Bhajji bowl in last 2 years ? I think he has lost it .

he did okay in T20WC especially against Eng.against spinner he'll be okay.n he can contribute with the bat as well

Harbhajan guarantees Eoin Morgan's wicket everytime. Wonder if Morgan would play. :)

But he might still be able to hold an end up better than Dinda or Ishant.

hes not in the squad.Bhajji can help build the pressure on poms.
MSD doing what he does best.... Manmaai......
But even then I would prefer Dinda... Bhajji adds no value in presence of two other spinners. Dinda atleast gives alternative option to Dhoni.... Mumbai wicket will definitely have something for pacers too...

MSD doing what he does best.... Manmaai......
But even then I would prefer Dinda... Bhajji adds no value in presence of two other spinners. Dinda atleast gives alternative option to Dhoni.... Mumbai wicket will definitely have something for pacers too...
Dinda n Ishant are not capable to trouble England batsmen on these wickets.simple as that

Is Tomatoes playing :asif

On a serious note, looks a good pick. How good is Meaker though. Onions is more of a tight line and length bowler I presume.

We used to have a Mustard behind the stumps, keeping to Onions.

Meaker - properly fast and raw I think. Onions is an old-fashioned quickish swing bowler who might do well in the humid mornings at Kolkata.

Looks like it's going to be another 5 days test, MSD's request will be ignored once again.

Looks like it's going to be another 5 days test, MSD's request will be ignored once again.

Last time Wankhede was flat as pancake till day 4 evening, it was tailor-made for mahashatak, although WI panicked and collapsed in 2nd innings but I would to hate to see that type of pitch.

Last time Wankhede was flat as pancake till day 4 evening, it was tailor-made for mahashatak, although WI panicked and collapsed in 2nd innings but I would to hate to see that type of pitch.

I want the pitch that was against Australia in 2004 if I am not mistaking. M. Clarke took 6 wickets I think. It was great test.

Last edited:

So Zaheer has suddenly become unreliable with new ball?
On a pitch like Mumbai?
Tell Dhoni to actually make Cook face him first up. did not happen in the last test.

Sometimes we produce our best cricket out of adversity, but it's particularly messy in this England camp at the moment. I happen to think we will lose quite heavily again, but this time within four days.

So Zaheer has suddenly become unreliable with new ball?
On a pitch like Mumbai?
Tell Dhoni to actually make Cook face him first up. did not happen in the last test.

Zak did bowl to cook in first spell with Ashwin. And his decision to start with Ashwin kind of worked, took two wickets.

If Pitch is flat I want India to bat first, if pitch is going to go mamba in 3 days, I don' t mind England batting first.

ishaanth 'unlucky' sharma again :facepalm:
You mean Ishant "Gillespie" Sharma. Forget his bowling, England would need to burn the midnight oil on plans to dismiss him when he is on with the bat.

Ishant for Malcolm Yadav? :facepalm:

Ishant is hopeless, time to back another horse. He is no good.

Anyway, still with my team India hat on, should be a fairly easy win. England are a mess at the moment.

Ishant/Dinda to win it for Mother India. You read it here first. :D

Zak did bowl to cook in first spell with Ashwin. And his decision to start with Ashwin kind of worked, took two wickets.

I have noticed how Cook , like Mike Hussey earlier in the year , managed to stay off strike most of the times to Zaheer.
Cook just like Strauss in 2008 barely got any runs off Zak but got 100s.
In 2008, 1st test
Strauss made 123 and 108 in both innings.
Strauss v Zaheer 1st inn 17(49) 2nd inn 12(57)
[http://www.espncricinfo.com/indveng/engine/match/361050.html?view=pvp]

In 2012,1st test
Cook made 41 and 176 in both innings.
Cook v Zaheer 1st inn 4(22) 2nd inn 26(71)
[http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-england-2012/engine/match/565806.html?view=pvp]

the major difference in that 2nd innings in the last test was - Zaheer only bowled 2 of the first 40 overs.

I hope England get to bat first this game, will be a good opportunity for them to exert some scoreboard pressure.

Wait a sec, Ishant Sharma!? The guy who was a buffet bowler in Australia?

India, you're going to lose!

Opportunity should have been given to someone other than Ishant. This is rewarding poor performance with national selection. He is never going to learn if you keep picking him.

Wait a sec, Ishant Sharma!? The guy who was a buffet bowler in Australia?

India, you're going to lose!

Man's our replacement for Kumble....only thing is he hasnt discovered it yet....

Ishants got height, decent pace for a spinner and doesnt spin the ball as well....

Even the great leggie started off wanting to be a pacer!

Man's our replacement for Kumble....only thing is he hasnt discovered it yet....

Ishants got height, decent pace for a spinner and doesnt spin the ball as well....

Even the great leggie started off wanting to be a pacer!

L0lx , TBH I'm glad he has upped his pace since the last few seasons .

Only problem is his inconsistency in line/length .

Tighten your belts folks...

....second installment of thrashing going to start in couple of hours..

Hope test last till 4th day

Bressie showed better batting technique than Samit, I know he was unlucky but he looked uncomfortable for whatever little time he spent in the middle.

So it should be either Bresnan, Swann, Onions, Jimmy, Monty or Morgan, Swann, Onions, Jimmy, Monty.

Top order as usual Cook, Compo, Trott, Kp, Bairstow, Prior.

I wouldn't mind Bresnan for Patel. Just as ineffective, but can bat better. And then replace Broad/Bresnan in the lineup with Onions/Panesar.

Eng need to risk Finn. No use in playing him after the series cannot be won.
smile.jpg

sad.jpg

Yesterday MSD said that pitch looks good but I'll hold my judgement and after 5 days I can come and criticize again. lol..

Crumbling pitch....

Most probably 3 day match..

2 sub 100 scores for England..

Also toss wont be a matter now

This is the best venue for England to do well this series, will help the seamers

LOL Bhajji better bowl well, otherwise I am going to be massively pissed.

Such a sad sight........... empty stadium..... !!!

England loses the toss.... India bat!

Good game India, England might as well forfeit now. Ha, batting second again on a supposed spinners pitch.

Hasn't this historically been a good toss to lose

I think Indian selectors have shown sentiments to Bhajji to finish his 100 tests. He better bowl well so he can picked for Kolkata.

Viru should bat sensibly initially as he did in first test, it will be more challenging this time around.

England has opportunity to pick some quick wickets early on. Ball will swing a bit and they can pick few wickets. That will set the game up. On this ground lots of team have won the game after losing the toss.

Back