Indian Premier League (Match 53) - CSK [154/1] defeat KXIP [153/6] by 9 wickets

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
When: Chennai Super Kings vs Kings XI Punjab, November 1, 2020, 3:30 PM IST

Where: Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi

What to expect: A less humid weather with plenty of sun.

Abu Dhabi has been a bit of a mixed bag. While seven of the last eight games (with an outright result) at the venue were won by the chasing side, the trend in afternoon games has been different - 3 wins in 4 games (including a Super Over) by the teams batting first.

Chris Gayle and Nicholas Pooran vs CSK's spinners in the middle could be a game-changer. Pooran has 25 sixes in 13 outings while Gayle has smashed 23 of them in just six. Whichever combination of spinners CSK pick, they will all naturally turn the ball into the two left-handers and have very little margin for error.

Squads:

Chennai Super Kings Squad: Shane Watson, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Ambati Rayudu, MS Dhoni(w/c), N Jagadeesan, Ravindra Jadeja, Sam Curran, Mitchell Santner, Deepak Chahar, Karn Sharma, Lungi Ngidi, Faf du Plessis, Shardul Thakur, Josh Hazlewood, Kedar Jadhav, Imran Tahir, Piyush Chawla, Murali Vijay, Monu Kumar, Ravisrinivasan Sai Kishore, KM Asif

Kings XI Punjab Squad: KL Rahul(w/c), Mandeep Singh, Chris Gayle, Nicholas Pooran, Glenn Maxwell, Deepak Hooda, Chris Jordan, Murugan Ashwin, Ravi Bishnoi, Mohammed Shami, Arshdeep Singh, Mayank Agarwal, James Neesham, Karun Nair, Krishnappa Gowtham, Sheldon Cottrell, Sarfaraz Khan, Hardus Viljoen, Jagadeesha Suchith, Ishan Porel, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Tajinder Singh, Darshan Nalkande, Simran Singh, Harpreet Brar

Chennai Super Kings have won the toss and have opted to field

Chennai Super Kings (Playing XI): Faf du Plessis, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Ambati Rayudu, MS Dhoni(w/c), N Jagadeesan, Ravindra Jadeja, Sam Curran, Shardul Thakur, Deepak Chahar, Lungi Ngidi, Imran Tahir

Kings XI Punjab (Playing XI): KL Rahul(w/c), Mayank Agarwal, Chris Gayle, Nicholas Pooran, Mandeep Singh, James Neesham, Deepak Hooda, Chris Jordan, Murugan Ashwin, Ravi Bishnoi, Mohammed Shami

Rabada,Ngidi, and Norje is a pretty strong pace attack. Van Der Dussen, De Kock , JP Malan , and Miller are very good player LO players. This talk of South African cricket being finished is a myth.

Imran Tahir lol

How is this guy still featuring in the Gold standard of cricket?

Tahir bowling
Gayle batting
Dhoni keeping

Is this masters cricket?

Imagine being a cricket fan and coming on a match thread just to mock who is playing. :))

So for KKR to qualify, CSK need to win, KKR need to beat RR and then also hope MI beat Sunrisers

Not sure what’s stopping CSK letting Stephen Fleming to have a game as well. What’s their to lose?

Rabada,Ngidi, and Norje is a pretty strong pace attack. Van Der Dussen, De Kock , JP Malan , and Miller are very good player LO players. This talk of South African cricket being finished is a myth.

Yea bro. They are as strong as ever. Give them time to regroup. they are easily a top 3 side in short format. In longer formats too I rate them as number 3 in terms of potential.

They can kick Aussies butt away from home again imo.
They beat Australia in 2017 without and guess what Warner and Smith played in that series.

Only thing is Aussies now have labuschagne.

South Africa could have a world XI team and they still won’t get over their mental issues as a side.

Cricket isn’t played on scorecards and names

Yea bro. They are as strong as ever. Give them time to regroup. they are easily a top 3 side in short format. In longer formats too I rate them as number 3 in terms of potential.

They can kick Aussies butt away from home again imo.
They beat Australia in 2017 without and guess what Warner and Smith played in that series.

Only thing is Aussies now have labuschagne.

They definitely will be back. Just need to sort things out off the field which overshadow what's happening on it.

South Africa could have a world XI team and they still won’t get over their mental issues as a side.

Cricket isn’t played on scorecards and names

Your so sad. You just comment on a thread where someone has a different opinion as you and just look for an argument. Your so sad man. :)))

Your so sad. You just comment on a thread where someone has a different opinion as you and just look for an argument. Your so sad man. :)))

Oh bhai kyun pangey le raha hai?

Soch le...you will end up crying

Oh bhai kyun pangey le raha hai?

Soch le...you will end up crying

Pakistan are the best team in the world and PSL is the gold standard of T20 leagues.

This is my true opinion. You don't need to keep coming to threads I am now. You win.

I don't cry. How is ignoring you crying? It's called being mature person. You know nothing about that. In fact it's worse than your cricket knowledge. You enjoying arguing and winding up Indian posters and your nearly 30. How sad. :)))

Pakistan are the best team in the world and PSL is the gold standard of T20 leagues.

This is my true opinion. You don't need to keep coming to threads I am now. You win.

I don't cry. How is ignoring you crying? It's called being mature person. You know nothing about that. In fact it's worse than your cricket knowledge. You enjoying arguing and winding up Indian posters and your nearly 30. How sad. :)))

Being a mature person means minding your own business. I didnt quote you, but clearly you are hurt when i am passing my negative views on Indian cricket or the Indian regime.

Another warning, steer clear.

Gayle lbw to Tahir. Iftikhar getting 5 wickets.

A day of chachus

Punjab imploding again. They had 2 winnable games and they still flopped.

They definitely will be back. Just need to sort things out off the field which overshadow what's happening on it.

Like I said they kicked Aussies butt in 2017 away from home without AB de Villiers. That should tell you what they are capable of. That too vs a Aussie team that had prime Smith and Warner at their absolute cheating best.

Saffers is my second team after India. Pakistan third. Although Pakistani fans make it difficult sometimes but I will always support Asian teams.

Saffers can do well in short format in the near future. Not sure about tests yet. Another 3 years I reckon before they become a top test side again.

Like I said they kicked Aussies butt in 2017 away from home without AB de Villiers. That should tell you what they are capable of. That too vs a Aussie team that had prime Smith and Warner at their absolute cheating best.

Saffers is my second team after India. Pakistan third. Although Pakistani fans make it difficult sometimes but I will always support Asian teams.

Saffers can do well in short format in the near future. Not sure about tests yet. Another 3 years I reckon before they become a top test side again.

I don't know what will happen with South Africa in tests. They haven't even named a new captain yet lol.

Don't forget they beat full strength Australian team in March . The Australian team who beat the World champions last month. South African cricket will be fine.

Backing my boys Bishnoi and Ashwin to defend 150 here

Ngidi typically bottling it in his last two overs, not sure where we have seen this before

Jordan, Shami and neesham need to keep it very tight in the first 6

Even though i am supporting KXI but have a feeling it would be another heart break, so near yet so far,

I have faith in their spinners, both are high class. Plus Shami is due a good spell

Gaikwad looks good against spin. Need to find him a partner for next season if CSK aren't going to use Faf as an opener.

Punjab should get rid of Maxwell for next year. They should sign a top overseas bowler and an all rounder. Pooran and Gayle will take the other 2 slots. That will make them a much stronger team.

Back