IPL #41 | Kolkata vs Chennai | 18/05/2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

lollol

First Class Star
Runs
Post of the Week
Pakistani pair opnieng the batting for Kolkata (Hafeez & Butt).

Dhoni injured??

Lets hope they make a solid start.

Kolkata Knight Riders: 1 Salman Butt, 2 Sourav Ganguly (capt), 3 Debabrata Das, 4 David Hussey, 5 Mohammad Hafeez, 6 Wriddhiman Saha (wk), 7 Laxmi Ratan Shukla, 8 Ajit Agarkar, 9 Shoaib Akhtar, 10 Ishant Sharma, 11 Ashok Dinda

Chennai Super Kings: 1 S Vidyut, 2 Stephen Fleming, 3 Suresh Raina, 4 Mahendra Singh Dhoni (capt/wk), 5 S Badrinath, 6 Albie Morkel, 7 Parthiv Patel (wk), 8 Manpreet Gony, 9 L Balaji, 10 Muttiah Muralitharan, 11 Makhaya Ntini.

Opening pair on his way of makin a slow start (again)

Last edited:
Kolkata REALLY struggling... many mishits, wrong timing, beaten etc etc

20/20 cricket is not made for butt bechara

who ever signed him should be shot!

pak4life said:
20/20 cricket is not made for butt bechara

who ever signed him should be shot!

spoke slightly too soon, 2 consecutive fours but on the whole not really a power hitter.

second six of murali for das..... & now butt hits one as well ..murali taking a beating here

Murali has gone for too many sixes this series !!

Every Tom, Dick and harry hits him for one !!

wow when did Butt learn how 2 hit sixes i seen him hit 2 in 3games now.. and before this for Pakistan i think i aint ever seen him hit a 6 for us thats in test matches.. ODI and 20/20 lol ..

Butt isnt suited for 20/20 cause his strike-rate is to low.

Its under 100, and in this innings he has also a poor s/r of 110...

Butt slogging off Murali.. he'll be out if he tries to do this with some other bowler.. just wait and see :)

if this is a batting track then so far they have not scored enough

well.......u say butt plays too slow....atleast hes playing unlike some indian and aussie "stars"

By the way, we have a hat-trick which went unnoticed!! Ntini got Ganguly at the end of the fifth over, bowling Ganguly and proceeded to send back Das and Hussey off the first two balls of the next spell.

Kolkate made only 149.

Its not enough to win.... they need Akhtar en Sharma to go rampage and Dhoni to not bat (cause of his injyury)

pakistani said:
wow he did they didnt say anything about it stupid arun lal
Thats because it went unnoticed. Even cricinfo announced it after a while. It was spread in 2 overs, thats why

Butts saying that wickets is a very lively one

Here it goes , here it goes , here it goes again ..... Shaoaib in agony for 198th time in his career....

The WagonWheel said:
Here it goes , here it goes , here it goes again ..... Shaoaib in agony for 198th time in his career....

and he still bowls over 145kph in that over - so whats ur point ?

0.2 Shoaib Akhtar to Patel, no run, hits a good line and length outside the offstump, pitches on the channel and holds its line before reaching the keeper
Shoaib takes his time, He looks tired already

(cricinfo)

Alam_dar said:
KKR are short of 15-20 Runs

Better than being short by a 100 runs. It won't help with that fielding effort by agarkar, pathetic.

sharma's horrible in t20 ...

gul should be bowling alongside shoaib.

Thats the best way to survive against shoaib, play as many lefties as possible.

kashif77 said:
sharma's horrible in t20 ...

gul should be bowling alongside shoaib.

sharma has been far better than gul in IPL...though on potential it should be sharma along side gul ..........Akthar is a poor T20 bowler , inspite of his spell against delhi !

I think shoaib forgot to take steroid earlier in the day.... His bowling speed is not too far from balaji..

ehjaz said:
0.2 Shoaib Akhtar to Patel, no run, hits a good line and length outside the offstump, pitches on the channel and holds its line before reaching the keeper
Shoaib takes his time, He looks tired already

some people do get tired after bowling two balls, you know!

jusarrived said:
sharma has been far better than gul in IPL...though on potential it should be sharma along side gul ..........Akthar is a poor T20 bowler , inspite of his spell against delhi !

:))) :))) :)))

joke of the week ?

kindly go check the stats plz.

Gunner786 said:
akhtar injured
he has left the field

...ok, lets see how many people are shocked? ...anybody??

shoaib has left the ground and I am sure he is not coming back again tonight....Now he is showing his true colors... There is a reason why he was banned by PCB

W63L35 said:

It is sad that people really wants to see him bowl at express pace.. But he has some other plans for this crowd :O

haters out in full force today ?

he is injured .. so how come he was still bowling over 140kph ?

Gunner786 said:
akhtar injured
he has left the field

Seven whole overs that he has bowled in 3 matches and over 5-6 days, must have taken its toll on his body!

W63L35 said:
yeah, me
I fully expected Shoaib to not let his bade bhai SRK down (his own words).
what is it now
injury? heat and humidity? not enough batsmens stumps flying?

I have said here many times that Shoaib has done one-day wonders few times..he is a crappy bowler. What is his excuse now not to stay fit. I mean he has only bowled 7 overs in 3 games....he must be kidding with everyone if he says he is not fit...this is total horse s***

FYI haters.

Shoaib is NOT injured.

He went off for for a few minutes and is now back on the field.

Quit making up pathetic lies.

Showman said:
He's not injured. He's back on the field.
good, kkr need him. its not always about wkts, just his positive body language and not giving away runs will be a big boost

He twisted his ankle in his first ball, it was genuine, but don't let me spoil the party for you guys!

in his last two over of the spell, who would want him to take 4-5 wickets???

:3dbiggrin

W63L35 said:

isn't it suppose to happen? its his third game in a row and he bowled 8 overs before breaking down. so nothing surprising to me :|

kashif77 said:
FYI haters.

Shoaib is NOT injured.

He went off for for a few minutes and is now back on the field.

Quit making up pathetic lies.

Right he went inside to take some of his "painkillers" which he usually inject..... Now he is back so what..didnt you see the first two overs how pathetic bowling that was???

actually he went off the filed to see sharukh khan for some :133: from him

sayed.jaffar said:
Right he went inside to take some of his "painkillers" which he usually inject..... Now he is back so what..didnt you see the first two overs how pathetic bowling that was???

he bowled around 140ks with a good line and length.

what is pathetic about that ?

his bowling wasn't pathetic .. ur comments are.

kashif77 said:
he bowled around 140ks with a good line and length.

what is pathetic about that ?

his bowling wasn't pathetic .. ur comments are.

You only wish that his bowling was great. I dont think we are watching the same game. I am not expecting him to take any wickets on every bowl. But when you are the strike bowler and your team is defending a small total he shouldnt be bowling wides and spraying bowl all over the place...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back